More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:58:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The fridge of eternal stench
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The fridge of eternal stench  (Read 8643 times)
HappilyDeranged
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
The fridge of eternal stench
« on: 2009 June 21, 14:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My One Fambly seems to be cursed. For several sim weeks, their fridge has been stinky and uncleanable. Every time a sim goes to clean out the bad food, the game crashes. I've been trying to solve this problem myself for a while. Things I've tried:

-Replacing the fridge (of course)
-Deleting everything from the fridge
-Moving to a new lot
-Deleting everything from the fridge, selling the fridge, then moving to a new lot and buying a new fridge. As soon as I buy the new fridge, the dreaded stink cloud is there.

This only happens with one family, fridges in other households seem fine. The stink cloud doesn't really bother me, but my family has become rather large and it's annoying to have to keep them all constantly busy so they don't autonomously clean out the fridge and crash the game. The only CC I have installed is the Awesomemod, and the problem was around before I downloaded it. I've looked around at a few different message boards and haven't seen anyone else complaining about this problem. Any suggestions?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: The fridge of eternal stench
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 21, 14:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fridge is meerly a portal to the other realm where food is kept (kind of like how they pull things out of their arses). Obviously if you have been in there and deleted everything manually you have something invsible and icky in there.

Move in a townie and then move everybody but the townie out. I think the townie will be left with the fridge contents and your Sims can go on with their lives.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 21, 17:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move in a townie and then move everybody but the townie out. I think the townie will be left with the fridge contents and your Sims can go on with their lives.

This is an hilariously devious solution, which I must applaud.

As for a more boring possible solution, have you tried hiring a maid? I can't remember if they normally clean out the refrigerators, but it's worth a try. Alternatively, you can try switching active households and then having your new sim visit the house with offending fridge to see if your original sim cleans it up on their own.
HappilyDeranged
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 21, 18:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried hiring a maid, and she went straight for the fridge and made the game crash. I haven't tried visiting with another sim, but I'd venture a guess that the game would still crash because of the cursed fridge no matter who was trying to clean it out. This evening I will try to transfer the curse to a townie as suggested, though I kind of hate to because I just got done settling my family into the new house.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 22, 04:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does attempting to open the fridge and manually moving them to the Sim's inventory work?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 22, 05:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an hilariously devious solution, which I must applaud.

I don't think I've ever been called devious before - let alone hilariously devious.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
HappilyDeranged
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 22, 14:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I've managed to transfer this gypsy curse onto a townie. Thanks Mim, that problem was annoying as hell.

In case anyone else has this problem, here is what I did: I asked a hated townie to move in, then moved my family onto a different lot. I then moved the townie out with the stinky fridge and moved her back into her old house. She was now the owner of the cursed fridge. Finally, I moved my family back into their house and replaced the fridge. Oddly, the stink cloud is still there- but the option to clean out the nonexistant bad food is gone, and thus the crash no longer occurs. It's the special fridge from the Culinary career, so I guess no food will actually go bad in there and I won't have to find out if the remove bad food interaction will still crash the game with this family. I wonder what the fuck caused this problem, anyway.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 22, 20:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar problem with Bella.  She had a permanent moodlet letting me know that there was something stinky in her inventory, but she had nothing in there.  She constanly made retching sounds and I never did figure out what her problem was.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
rei_li
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 22, 22:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In edit town mode click on the house icon to bring up the details about the family, copy the family and house to the family bin then bulldoze the family lot and kick them out.

They appear in the clipboard in the top left. Click on them and delete them entirely.

The family and house still exists because they're in the family bin. Moving them back into the town corrected the problem. All my fridges work fine.

You will, however, lose all relations with any townies and wants and promises of course. I prefered a working fridge.

Love as thou Wilt
HappilyDeranged
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 23, 05:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that sounds like slightly less of a pain in the ass than the way I went about it. Oh well, I'm just glad it's fixed. I think all of that moving around confused the elders though... they suddenly want to see their adult son graduate from high school.
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 23, 05:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that sounds like slightly less of a pain in the ass than the way I went about it. Oh well, I'm just glad it's fixed. I think all of that moving around confused the elders though... they suddenly want to see their adult son graduate from high school.

Bad food does that to you.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 24, 17:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just wondering if calling a repairperson would have done any good.

My current Sim was at about 4 or 5 handiness and fixed a broken bathroom sink. He got the success music and the "dirty surroundings" debuff cleared, but the sink was still spraying water all over. I tried moving it around the room. Still spraying. I tried moving it into household inventory. At pause, it was normal, but as soon as I switched back to live mode, it commenced spraying. Then I bit the bullet (this Sim is an experiment in permanent unemployment who had, at that point, not a lot of funds available) and sold the fracking sink and bought a new one.

The new sink looked normal...but the bathroom still had a "something in here is spraying water" sound effect.

Please note that since my Sim had just repaired the damn sink, I did try clicking to see if the option was there again to repair it, but it had only normal (non-broken) menu options.

When I decided it might be a burst pipe in the wall (!!!??), I had the Sim call for a repairman and go off to tend his garden. When the repairman said he was all done, the sound of water spraying had indeed vanished.

Could there be some similar hidden brokenness involved in refrigerators?
Fionnabard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 24, 18:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with not being able to clean out or sell my Sim's fridge.
The game was acting like there was rotten food in the fridge, even though the 'clean out' option wasn't coming up. My Sims were getting the disgusted moodlet and I couldn't clean it out, move it or sell it.
Here was my fix for it...

First I found out what sim was making the fridge act like it was 'in use' even though it wasn't.
Turn on the Moveobjects On cheat
Go into buy mode
Try to sell the fridge
When I'd try to sell it, the game said my child sim Abby was using the item and I couldn't delete it.
So, I went into live mode and made Abby open the fridge for a bowl of soup. When she opened the fridge, I paused the game and looked inside the fridge. The food the Sim's grab is on the second shelf. I un-paused and watched her grab it and saw that there was still another item on the shelf. The fridge has a blue frozen dinner or something on that shelf all the time, it's part of the item's graphics and in my case, a piece of rotten birthday cake was stuck there too. I think I had interrupted Abby when she tried to eat it on her sister's birthday and the game had left the cake there all that time.
So, I went into buy mode, used the hand of god tool and picked up the bad cake and put it on the floor. I couldn't delete it or interact with it myself, so I had Abby clean it up.
Problem solved. No more bad food, Sims could interact normally with the fridge again and I could sell the fridge if I wanted. I just had to manually clean out the fridge with my Sims' help, I suppose.

I hope you can fix your problem. Good luck.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: