More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:07:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Things you DO like...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Things you DO like...  (Read 29692 times)
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
Re: Things you DO like...
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 25, 12:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all play the game differently right?

I like the wider neighborhood. I hate load screens , and there was no reason to go downtown when it was a limited lot that I could do easier at home.
I like parties at the beach/park. This goes back to my refusal to leave the sim's home lot, but now it isn't an issue.
I like blatant mooching off the public services. This is a fact in cities, though there should be some sort of vagrant moodlet.
I like not having my sim children run through the same routines to make sure they are productive adults.
  This one really bugged me in sims2. In order to have a functional household in the future you could not allow the rugrats out of sight. (unless macrotastic'd) The meat of the game became how efficently you could move youngsters through rotation to maximize time. Then you could play them more free form in mid to late adult hood. Sort of ruined the whole flavor for me.
I have kids now that tend to gravitate to various objects randomly (minus the obvious over fun adverted). I had no qualms about picking bookworm for one child as he moved to teen. I couldn't get him away from books as a kid. His brother became a snob, that child only ever made fun of everyone. (He is evil too but that is just adding to it). They seem to have a bit more random personality vs skilling monster blank slates.

I adore the traits system. I thank the Awesome that we have a way to add more.

I think the only thing that is bugging me is the plants dying after so many harvests. Yeah realisticish..but a hassle.
I uninstalled Sims2. There is nothing back there that I am not willing to wait for, or find ways to live without.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 25, 12:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims have a combination of the Green Thumb trait, the Super Green Thumb perk, and Level 10 gardening skill, plus ferilize their plants as needed. plants take a loooooooong time to die. I had my sim stop fertilizing her non-perfect plants, because it was taking too long to fulfill her Perfect Garden LTW.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 25, 12:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims have a combination of the Green Thumb trait, the Super Green Thumb perk, and Level 10 gardening skill, plus ferilize their plants as needed. plants take a loooooooong time to die. I had my sim stop fertilizing her non-perfect plants, because it was taking too long to fulfill her Perfect Garden LTW.

I must be missing something here.  I'm assuming you had limited gardening space and wanted to replace the existing plants with better quality plants.  How did your sim's gardening skills prevent you from ripping the plants up once they'd fruited (i.e. deleting them in buy mode), so that you could replace them with better quality plants?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 26, 17:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that you aren't forced to play a certain way.  You aren't tied to a lot and have to live there or nowhere, even if you own it.
In my Legacy Challenge game my founder doesn't have anything on their property other than the trashcan and mailbox.  I use various facilities around town for appropriate purposes.  For example my sim showers at the local pool, buys fruits and veggies from the store that she can eat from inventory and naps on park benches (if you force 4 or 5 naps in a row it is almost as effective as a full nights sleep).  While there are things we will find that we don't like the game is an improvement over previous incarnations, and with J.M.Pescado's AWESOMEMOD it keeps getting better.

I'm not doing the Legacy challenge, because I don't want to follow all the rules, but my Legacy-esque sim spent a lot of time mooching off public services and using her property only to grow vegetables.  Now, she's built a crude one-room log cabin next to her garden, with a bed, a toilet, a tub (with duck scrounged from neighbor's trash) and a TV (stolen from the theater).  Her property is lit by a streetlight she stole from the warehouse in Riverview.  I have no idea how she walked away with a streetlight.

She's made most of her money by feeding expensive books to a wild omniplant and selling the harvest.

Really, the game just needs a way to get high and sell love beads at Phish concerts and it'll be the best sim-hippie game ever.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 26, 19:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAST, the more realistic conversation options (such as "worry about money" and "ask to take out trash"), and the pretty scenery. I also love the fact that you can walk right off your lot and go to the grocery store/beach/what have you.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 27, 00:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be missing something here.  I'm assuming you had limited gardening space and wanted to replace the existing plants with better quality plants.  How did your sim's gardening skills prevent you from ripping the plants up once they'd fruited (i.e. deleting them in buy mode), so that you could replace them with better quality plants?

It didn't. I still wanted the produce, even if it wasn't perfect quality.

Slavetoawesomeness
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 28, 20:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that Sims 3 runs smoothly on my non-awesome piece of sh*t laptop.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 28, 22:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I had a play session on TS2, a la litmus test. Dammit, I still like TS2 more; I feel more "at home".  Undecided

I realize the reasons why I still play TS3 more than TS2 are:
1) The challenge for modders (new stuff, new code, new tools, etc.)
2) TS3 allows me to comfy stay in Mac OS: I don't have to deal with Windows just for play.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 28, 23:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Sims 3 because it's the first game that, straight out of the box, will actually run on my computer for more than 15 minutes straight without suffering some fatal error that necessitates the restarting of my entire computer.  I torrented Sims 2 for giggles, and Sims 3 actually runs better than 2 on my computer.  Craziness.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 29, 06:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like AwesomeMod.
I like the one newspaper article that's about an airplane full of sims being detained because of suspected cases of Strangetown Syndrome on board. 
During marriage proposals, I like the expression the proposing sim gets on his (or her) face. It's one of the few times in the game that the facial expression fits the occasion, and it's hilariouis. 
I like the beaches.
Shoes. Shoes are good.
CAST.  When the stupidity of the game itself starts to annoy me I can entertain myself for quite a while just by building a house: I generate a random sofa and then base the decor of the entire house around that one starting point.  The more horrendous the original sofa is, the more challenging--and fun--the rest of the house is.
I like it when sims pass out because of someone using the "bore to death" interaction on them. 
I like the sound effects from the thief hideout.  They don't compare to the TS2 sports television channel (Howard Cosell!) but they do amuse me.
I like the theory of story progression, I just wish the reality weren't so stupid and soulless.
For the first time ever, I really like quite a few of the pre-made houses. 
I like the Wainwright family.  Their kids either look like Susan and are pretty, or they look like Boyd and have the unmistakable Wainwright hair.
I like marrying a technophobe to a couch potato, just to watch them annoy one another.

bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 29, 11:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, there's a lot of negativity about Sims 3 so far in the community. So, I thought I'd make a post where we all share what we DO actually like about the game.

I like:
-The UI
-The Sims themselves
-How the neighborhood gives a really community-like feel
-Jobs and opportunities add a lot
-That virtual simulator thing
-The objects that are actually new

There's more, but gah, the list will extend to uranus( Grin) if I add much more.

So, what do you like?

It's not negativity.
I like CAST and aging on (they actually die if I forget about them :>)
But I absolutely hate not being able to build my own neighbourhoods and not being able to customize stairs and fences. Specially the neighbourhoods. I'm a SimCity person, that was what made me play the Sims in the first place… if you can't build your own worlds, what's the point?
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 29, 14:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like walking over to my neighbors' houses and hanging out there and drinking their juice boxes.   
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 29, 21:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to add to my first post that I like the voice sliders. It helps give the illusion that sims are actually unique.

ETA: I just discovered that you can attach a ground level garage to a house on a foundation by using stairs. This, alone, makes TS3 superior to TS2, IMO.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 03, 03:34:10 by chaos » Logged

skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 01, 13:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like:
the tiltable camera
the way chairs turn to face the table when you place them
the way chairs come along when you move a table
the ability to drag walls
Awesomemod
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 02, 18:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the infinitely customizable CAST system but knew I would before I even started playing. What surprised me was how much I enjoy the collecting. I thought the concept was lame until I tried it. Now I hate getting my Sims jobs because it interferes with their scavenging. I've got one Sim who hasn't been home for a couple of weeks. She sleeps on park benches or on lounge chairs at the pool, showers and goes to the bathroom at the gym, and eats fruits she picks off wild-growing plants or filches from neighbors or the science center garden. She's amassed a small fortune from all the rocks, gems and metals she's acquired, not to mention all the goodies she's swiped (she's a klepper). When she gets enough to buy a mansion I'm going to move her in, but I'll bet she (and I) will miss the scavenging life.

The water effects are flat-out awesome. It's unbelievable how realistic they look. Ditto the lighting and changing sky effects. Even on my crappy graphics card, dusk and dawn are incredible. I also like zooming in on my Sim while riding her bike home and right-clicking on her icon to track her. It's just like I'm riding the bike myself through the neighborhood. It's especially awesome at twilight.

I love the mausoleum! The spooky sounds and creepy laughter are hilarious. It bugs me that Sims who are cowardly will still get a fun moodlet from going in, even as they get a horror moodlet from the same experience. They'll also calmly chat with ghosts. They should be scared into peeing themselves.

I like the way elders move in TS3, more realistic. Just like in TS2, though, they get severely shortchanged when it comes to clothing styles. And why no sensible slippers for Grandpa? It's either bare feet or those stupid bunny slippers. Granny gets to wear realistic slippers, why not her mate?

I miss TS2 toddlers and kids, though. They had personality and they were adorable. TS3 kiddies are cardboard. The swaddled slugs that pass for infants are particularly horrid. Too lazy to code for legs and arms, EA?

I like that Sims can jump in the pool from poolside, and climb out without using the ladder. I miss the diving board, though, and the pool slide was fun. I'll bet they'll come in a later EP, though, like pianos, half walls and the other goodies that the community's been bitching about. EA knows how to turn a buck.

kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 02, 21:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the way elders move in TS3, more realistic. Just like in TS2, though, they get severely shortchanged when it comes to clothing styles. And why no sensible slippers for Grandpa? It's either bare feet or those stupid bunny slippers. Granny gets to wear realistic slippers, why not her mate?

I wish elders didn't lose all of their muscle upon aging.  I'd made Don Lothario into a swarthy Hulk, and when he aged up, he was suddenly a stick-armed little old man.  (Also, I wish the facial meshes for oldies were less puffy.  Don L is barely recognizable now.)
Markylane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 03, 02:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will prepare for Sims because i trace it so far no problem i incurred.

« previous next »
Jump to: