More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:51:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Missing gravestones, anyone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing gravestones, anyone?  (Read 5165 times)
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Missing gravestones, anyone?
« on: 2009 July 02, 16:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twice now, I've had Sims die and can not find their gravestones in the mausoleum.  I've used multiple family members and friends look but to no avail.  My findings searching on the net suggests that it's a glitch.  Might anyone have a work around?

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
Re: Missing gravestones, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 02, 22:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like expected EA behavior with Story Progression enabled.  Unless you have the AwesomeMod and have configured it correctly, the game will arbitrarily remove your sims.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 02, 23:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like expected EA behavior with Story Progression enabled.  Unless you have the AwesomeMod and have configured it correctly, the game will arbitrarily remove your sims.

Yeah, I have Awesomemod and have all the "No Bus" stuff enabled, so I'm not sure what's up.  I hate not having Cornelia Goth's gravestone in the little Goth cemetery.  I'm debating making another Cornelia Goth and killing her but I'm not sure if that will mess stuff up.

Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 05:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about Sims in your active family, or Sims on other lots?

Coz if you're talking about on other lots, I think that's just normal game behavior.. Sorry. I had Kaylyn (sp?) Langerak die and was horrified when her gravestone was nowhere to be seen when I loaded the lot again. I've read in tons of other places about similar stories. But I'm just talking about pre-Awesomemod Random Bus of Dooooom.

The game just tends to do away with gravestones most of the time, apparently...
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 03, 06:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My self sims first husband died whilst I had another family selected and I can't find his tombstone in the mausoleum either - it does always go there doesn't it? It's not possible he left his stone where-ever it was in the hood that he died?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 03, 17:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guessing his tombstone is where he died. My first sim died while fishing on a community lot and her gravestone sat there until her daughter came by and grabbed it.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 03, 18:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they weren't the active family at the time of death.  It was the Goths (in both instances).  First time it was Gunther who died and I couldn't find the gravestone.  Most recent time, it was Cornelia.  Here's the kicker, though--both times I had Awesomemod, with all No BUS stuff enabled.  This second time, Cornelia died like seconds after Gunther.  I remember looking once and seeing that Gunther at the start of the game was much closer to being elderly than Cornelia, although both are adults.  I can't be sure if the same is true in the most recent instance--if it is however, that would suggest that Cornelia suffered a BUS death which she shouldn't have, given the configurations I set for the mod. 

I also haven't searched the Community Lots.  I assumed (incorrectly I guess) that upon death, gravestones are placed within a few seconds directly into the Mausoleum.  It's been a while so we'll see.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: