More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:55:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Marriage jump bug?, also, Captain Hero carpool errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Marriage jump bug?, also, Captain Hero carpool errors  (Read 9053 times)
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Marriage jump bug?, also, Captain Hero carpool errors
« on: 2005 November 19, 17:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed that I (again) can't get sims to marry - they'll jump out of the interaction.

This is a newly-installed game, with a recreated neighborhood. I extracted all families with the SimSurgery plug-in in SimPE and recreated them in a new neighborhood. The only fiddling around I've done is to recreate sibling and/or parent-child relationships across different lots.

I first thought I had some conflicting hacks (I have most of what is available here and from SimLogical, and a small selection from MTS2, as well as the newest version of the InSimenator). But then I found out that I only have the marriage error in some families - in others, I have no problem getting sims married. It makes no difference whether I have them Propose-Marriage or use the arc, also, throwing a party or not doesn't seem to make a difference. If I do it via the arc, they go through half the interaction, but when they get to the point where they'd start to exchange rings, everyone on the lot that's attending the wedding jumps out of their sitting positions and resets to stand next to their chairs, and the couple just stops, stands there, and eventually wanders off.

So I turned debug mode on to create an error log, and got this message:

I'm also attaching the error log.

My current generation has just finished uni, or just reached adulthood for those that didn't get to go, and now they're starting to pair off, and it's quite a hassle to throw a wedding party and then have them jump out of the interaction.

Also when I turned debug mode on, I also realized that I do have an error with the Captain Hero carpool. I had noticed that the sim in question never got the "go to work" icon, and I had to send him there manually with the car, otherwise he'd just miss work. It's something I can live with, but I'm curious why the problem exists: all other carpools works fine, as do neighbor walk-bys, etc. I manually set someone on another lot to Captain Hero, and they also didn't get a carpool, so it doesn't seem to be related to the lot. I'm also attaching an error log of this, in case someone wants to take a look at it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 10:24:06 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Marriage jump bug?, also, Captain Hero carpool errors
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 19:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has a hack that fixes the Captain Hero carpool issue. It's somewhere in the hack directory.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 19:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a different issue. It's not that (s)he can't get them to go to work after cancelling the action it's that the action never pops up and (s)he gets an error message.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 19:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is a different issue. It's not that (s)he can't get them to go to work after cancelling the action it's that the action never pops up and (s)he gets an error message.

Ahhh. I never really knew what the problem with Captain Hero's carpool was in the first place, so I didn't realize that was a different problem. Captain Hero's carpool sure seems glitchy!

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 19:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that (s)he can't get them to go to work after cancelling the action it's that the action never pops up and (s)he gets an error message.

*nod*

I've even tried that fix, but it didn't change anything.

*is female*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 23:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THis could be the mystery event resolved either by Crammyboy's "Clothing Event Fixer" or the Hygiene Bug Fix, possibly induced by Captain Hero trying to change to his uniform.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 01:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THis could be the mystery event resolved either by Crammyboy's "Clothing Event Fixer" or the Hygiene Bug Fix, possibly induced by Captain Hero trying to change to his uniform.

Ok, having both of these in game seems to have fixed the Captain Hero carpool (I hadn't gone back to the lot where I have the Cpt.Hero since installing these).

However, all attempts at marriage still make some sim-pairings jump. While I tested the carpool right now, I also moved one of the affected couples out and into a new lot, but the jump out of the interaction still occurs. It looks like it's the sim that initiates the get-married interaction who jumps out of it first.

I can't find anything that the couples that can't get married have in common. Graduating uni doesn't make a difference, as far as I can tell: of two couples where one partner is a uni graduate and the other is not, one could get married, but the other couldn't.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 02:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try it under debug mode and attach the resulting error log it generates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 20, 14:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, here you go. He is a Uni graduate, she isn't. Both were created in CAS as teens, had their personality adjusted in SimPE to what they were born as before I recreated them. But I did personality adjustments for all the families I recreated, and as I said, some of them marry without a problem. Didn't use any other hacks on them. I had moved her into his household with Inge's teleport shurb.

I put both sims on a new and completely empty lot (except for the mailbox and trashcan). Didn't let them interact at all before I started the tests. I exited without saving inbetween.

1. I had him propose to her. Same error as in screenshot I posted. No memory, they keep the engagement rings, it's as if nothing has happened.

2. I had her propose to him (never tried that before, I wanted her to have his last name). Again, the game tells me that the error is with *her*. Again, no memory and they keep the engagement rings, but this time, their relationship statues changes to 'Married'. No change of last names, tho.

Then I first bought them a wedding arc and tried with that.

3. He proposed with arc. They stood around a bit, then went though the animations you get before the ring-exchange, but I'm petty sure they were out of sync with each other. Then they jumped, with him ending up under the middle of the arc, and her standing in front of the left side of the arc. After a few seconds, both got the spinning rings over their head, *and* got a memory. However, they kept their last names, and their relationship panel didn't update, and the arc remained clickable for them both. They also only wore engagement rings.

4. She proposed with arc. Same as above, but the animation seemed to get a bit farther, although still not to the part where they exchange rings. I did hear the sound of kissing, tho, and got maybe half a second of falling petals.

*kicks game*
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 10:23:22 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 20, 16:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is someone in the neighborhood with Neighbor ID 321 that has a corrupt (or leftover from the old neighborhood) memory that is causing the error. I would guess it's left over since the NID that is being checked is 1327 which would only exist in a very large neighborhood.

If you look in the nieghborhood folder for the Userxxxxxx file that ends in 321 that will tell you which sim it is. Check what memories that sim has in Simpe and delete any that show an unknown subject or owner.
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 20, 21:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, I tracked down the sim in question. She can't have a left-over memory - she was recreated in CAS. She did have a weird age: days left in age were somewhere over 65000.

I went through her memories, but they all look legit. Still, I first tried to delete all invisible ones, and then, when that didn't help, I deleted all her memories.

Neither helped - the same error is still occurring.

At this point, I'm contemplating exporting everyone with SimSurgery again and restarting over. Are you sure the marriage error is linked to a memory problem? I'm willing to go through the hassle of re-creating everything if I'm pretty sure it'll fix whatever is wrong, but I don't want to spend all that time just to have the error show up again later (I had it in my old game, it was one of the reasons I did a fresh install for NL).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 20, 22:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ari: How many sims do you have in that neighborhood? Not just playable sims, I mean total.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 20, 22:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's 442 files in the \Characters folder.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 20, 22:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, doesn't sound like an extraordinarily high number or anything. Certainly not BFBVFS territory yet so it can't be that.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 21, 05:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible to stop that error with a hack. Maxi's is not verifying the validity of the data passed into the function that keeps erroring. I thought about just doing that, but that would be putting the band-aid on the wrong place. The real question is how did NID 1327 get referenced in the sim's memories in the first place?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 21, 05:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea. It could simply be garbage....

Try this experimental fix: marriagebugfix.zip

Note: I have no idea how that garbage value gets there. This isn't really a "fix" per-se, it just adds a validation check to make sure the game isn't spewing twaddle, and it will simply fail quietly...in theory. Basically, we're mashing the "ignore" button and hoping for the best. This will either fix your problem on the "ignore and it will go away" principle, or make your game explode in a big fiery ball that is visible from space. I'm not sure what'll happen. Do you feel lucky?

ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 21, 10:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither happened - instead, the error is still there, just as before putting the file in. *sigh*

I'm attaching another error log, this time with the fix installed.

Oh - in the \logs directory, there's also a file named OETreeDelete.xls, which gets updated whenever a new error log gets created. Let me know if you need that one as well.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 21, 10:23:10 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 21, 10:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated fix. Try it again.

ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 21, 11:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*YES*. This one worked.

I'd smooch you, but that'd probably be not so good for my health. *g*

I'll keep using this for now, and if my game ever goes *boom*, I'll re-create everything then. A few months down the road I'll probably not mind going through the whole SimSurgery-and-then-import thing again.

*bounces happily*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: