More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:37:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  [MAC TOOLS] TS3 Framework Installer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [MAC TOOLS] TS3 Framework Installer  (Read 39374 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
[MAC TOOLS] TS3 Framework Installer
« on: 2009 June 20, 21:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 Framework Installer

Not as cool as Delphy's Monkey thingy, but it can spare some hassle to us poor Mac users.

What it does
  • Creates the subfolders' framework in the correct place.
  • Installs a copy of Resource.cfg, ready for up to 5 subfoldering levels.
  • Installs the custom d3dx9_31.dll, necessary for script mods, like Pes' awesomemod.
  • Creates an alias of the new Mods subfolder on your Desktop.

Use this installer and you will not have to do the rightclick > ShowPackageContent > manually browse inside the guts of The Sims™ 3.app every fucking time you have to update Resource.cfg or manage your cc/mods packages.

WARNING
If you have already manually installed Resource.cfg file, folders, mods and CC, MOVE THEM OUT in a safe place before running this installer; you can put them back in their Mods/Package subfolder later.
If the installer will found subfolders and Resource.cfg already in place, it will show you the panel with those options unchecked, but if you check them again they will be overwritten by fresh and EMPTY copies, therefore it's better safe than sorry: you have been warned.

Details

Resource.cfg content:
Code:
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

Folders and files created:
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/d3dx9_31.dll
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Files/
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Files/DDFMap.txt
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/

/Users/<your username here>/Desktop/The Sims 3  <--- alias
corresponding to
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/

Like any other Mac alias, it can be moved elsewhere, and renamed at your will.

After this installation, that alias will correspond to the root installation directory for TS3 on Mac, and referred to accordingly.

Known Issues
If you run the installer multiple times, it will create a new alias on your desktop every time. They're completely harmless and can be safely deleted with no issues.

Terms Of Use
Brush your teeth regularly before going to bed.
Do whatever you want.

Version 0.1 - 20 Jun 2009

Download attachment or from here (if the attachment goes MIA).

* TS3ModsFramework.zip (74.1 KB - downloaded 3261 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 22, 21:12:53 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Agret
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: [MAC TOOLS] TS3 Framework Installer
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 21, 07:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool share man, great to see some Mac support here  Grin
Djcz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 21, 09:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice, I personally spent hours trying to figure it out because there weren't any comprehensive guides for Mac installation. I made a guide, but sadly it isn't nearly to par with this. It just shows you how to manually install (obviously a program like yours is better lol) and you have to do the right click searching crap everytime you want to update something -_-
nightwand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 01, 06:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thanks for building the Mac installer... it's a big help.

However, it's got one big problem... it doesn't sniff around for the app or allow me to specify where it is.  In order to keep my Applications folder under control, I group my apps in subfolders.  In this case, the game is actually installed in Applications/Games instead of just Applications.  Your installer created a folder named Applications/The Sims 3, put a busted "app" in there, and then installed the package contents normally under that.

It wasn't all that hard to open the real package in parallel with yours and copy the structure across.  It would be cool, though, if you could enhance it to autofind or at least permit manual picking of the root directory.

Thanks again!
blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 10, 17:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, thanks for building the Mac installer... it's a big help.

However, it's got one big problem... it doesn't sniff around for the app or allow me to specify where it is.  In order to keep my Applications folder under control, I group my apps in subfolders.  In this case, the game is actually installed in Applications/Games instead of just Applications.  Your installer created a folder named Applications/The Sims 3, put a busted "app" in there, and then installed the package contents normally under that.

It wasn't all that hard to open the real package in parallel with yours and copy the structure across.  It would be cool, though, if you could enhance it to autofind or at least permit manual picking of the root directory.

Thanks again!

I second this b'cause I use too some folders to group some apps ... But anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH Marhis to support and create Mac tools Smiley

zen ...
nemesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 13, 04:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you!  I was so worried about having to seem like the stupid n00b I am, requesting help figuring out where in God's name those files went... big thumbs up for creating Mac support! :]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: