More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:46:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I would like a Smoking Mod - Can it be done?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I would like a Smoking Mod - Can it be done?  (Read 70724 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: I would like a Smoking Mod - Can it be done?
« Reply #75 on: 2009 July 01, 01:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Doc Doofus on June 25, 2009, 21:26:36
I suggest that smoking Sim-cigarettes should make your Sims have gay lusty thoughts.  It should give them wants to flirt/kiss/woohoo with any nearby sims of the same sex, regardless of their relationship level.  (Maybe it makes gay sims have straight thoughts?)

I believe that you are referring to MDMA.

Ah, you would mention the ONE drug I have never tried.  Excoosay mwa.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
MeanCaffeineMachine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009 July 02, 19:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen a Sim choke on food, but that would be perfect for a smoking mod. I wonder if certain Sims could be made to have an autonomous action to Lecture Smoking Sim? That would be pretty funny. Maybe it could lead to fights sometimes?

I see this stupid choking animation ALL the time - like simsdesperado mentioned, no matter what the quality of the food is. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when cannabis was brought up. It's the perfect animation for that post-drag cough, hahaha.

As far as smoke animations - how difficult is it to take the little trail of smoke from a broken computer/oven/etc and reposition it or add it to a new animation?
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009 July 08, 15:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i heard cannabis mentioned, so i figured i'd make a suggestion: MOAR HUNGER. not nessicarily a depletion of hunger, but an increase in appetite--is that possible to do already, or is there more work that has to be done before an appetite mod can happen like that? i imagine it would have to do with the AI and being complicated.

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009 July 08, 16:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps an interaction (Maybe for Good, Genius and/or Family-Oriented Sims) that lets you smack cigarettes out of people's hands if you have a high enough relationship score with them. Sim apathy is boring.

Although, personally, I wouldn't put cigarettes in my game for the same reason I don't need fundies going around lynching my gay sims. I'm perfectly content leaving behind some realism for the sake of enjoyment.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Mehra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009 July 09, 05:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is certainly ages away from being possible. I don't think a smoking mod for Sims 2 came out until at least after OFB. The one from 2 was a modified food (actually a glass) item. But I think there were only cigarettes and joints - I never found any usable pipe or cigars.

It would be great to have custom moodlet if smoking is made for the Sims 3. Soar Throat, and maybe some sort of Cigarette Addiction (like a negative moodlet that only goes away after a cigarette - and then comes back after a few hours. Smoking a cigarette would probably raise energy slightly and make the Sim a little less hungry. But maybe a (recolored gray) "stink" would stick around for a while - so that other Sims would think a smoker or recent smoker smelled bad. Also, it would be very cool if smoking shortened a Sim's lifespan! Maybe, if teens smoke on a public lot, the police would pick them up - like with curfews.

Personally, since I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, I'd rather see a pipe or joint - with negative and positive moodlets. Moodlets like the Munchies (a renamed clone of the hungry or really hungry moodlet), perhaps a High moodlet, which would give like an hour + to mood. Smoking a joint would cause a Sim to become very hungry. Maybe Sims could have a slight boost to gaining friendship and a faster social gain with other Sims that are High? And it would have to frequently trigger the Contemplate Surroundings and the Think Hard actions, while also having the random queue drop giving by the Absentminded trait temporarily.

But yeah, cracking into the animations of the game isn't going to be possible for some time. Perhaps also, someday, a grow-able tobacco plant and cannabis plant could be made. After someone figures out how the Sims 3 plants work at all stages. I wish I were helpful into such matters, but I really can't do much without a tutorial to tell me. I am not awesome.

When this does comes... I will be a happy camper.  I loved letting my sims in the Sims 2 smoke a joint.  Cool

The chairs, the tables, all confused
We hear the words and must speak them
We take them and arrange them
But still... they will not be quiet
Jace
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009 July 17, 05:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think sims should have to go to the warehouse to buy weed.
that would be neat

but buy reg smokes from the grocery store

and there should be menthols
lol

love them menthols.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009 July 17, 06:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think sims should have to go to the warehouse to buy weed.
that would be neat

but buy reg smokes from the grocery store

and there should be menthols
lol

love them menthols.

What the fuck is up with the goddamn line breaks everyone is using these days?
IT'S CALLED A PERIOD. USE IT MORE. Also step the hell away from your enter key.

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009 July 17, 11:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think sims should have to go to the warehouse to buy weed. That would be neat. They could also buy regular smokes from the grocery store, and there should be menthols!
I love those menthols.

This is how we type. See how much more legible and less space consuming your drug loving post can be?

Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009 July 22, 20:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't even need a mod to simulate smoking in Sims 3.  Just do what I do.

Pick a smoker. 

This sim must spend a fixed amount of money per day on useless crap and then delete it.
This sim is only allowed to bathe every 3rd day.
This sim is completely restricted from having the Genius or Great Kisser traits and MUST take the Loser trait.
This sim must be killed off before they turn into an Elder.

There you go.  An accurate simulation of smoking in Sims 3 without even having to make a mod!

Wink
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009 July 22, 20:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite being an occasional smoker myself this made me laugh  Cheesy

PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009 July 23, 18:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pick a smoker. 

This sim must spend a fixed amount of money per day on useless crap and then delete it.
This sim is completely restricted from having the Genius or Great Kisser traits and MUST take the Loser trait.

There you go.  An accurate simulation of smoking in Sims 3 without even having to make a mod!

Wink

Ahahah, that made me lol. Just a few suggestions, though:

Realistically, only 1/3 of them would need to be killed off before becoming an Elder.
Deleting items returns your money; it'd be better to have some sort of repository so that when you buy something, you can then delete the items you bought 4 days ago, to actually lose the money properly.
After WooHoo, roll a 20-sided die. If they get a 1, set their bed on fire.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009 July 23, 18:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'm loving the after-woohoo feature. That would be hilarious to watch!

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2009 July 23, 19:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pick a smoker. 

Wink

Realistically, only 1/3 of them would need to be killed off before becoming an Elder.
Deleting items returns your money; it'd be better to have some sort of repository so that when you buy something, you can then delete the items you bought 4 days ago, to actually lose the money properly.
Or just shove it in the inventory, where it can clog everything up much like in real life.
Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009 July 23, 20:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pick a smoker. 

Wink

After WooHoo, roll a 20-sided die. If they get a 1, set their bed on fire.

I love the WooHoo fire risk!

Actually, I would love to have a well done smoking mod for Sims3. There are a lot of possibilities.

It could be done like this:

You can buy cigarettes or cigars or whatever from the store or find them or whatever.

The first few times a Sim tries smoking they get a short-term negative moodlet. Maybe an hour or so.

Once they've tried it a few times, the negative moodlet goes away, and they start getting a POSITIVE moodlet that lasts a few hours. Also, Smoking will help get rid of the "Stressed Out" type negative moodlets you get from working too hard (maybe even a little bit of Fun gain).

Once they've smoked enough times (make it random per Sim or something, if that's possible), they get a new hidden trait called "Smoker".  This trait will do the following:

- Smokers still get a positive moodlet each time they smoke, and smoking still helps remove "Stressed Out" type moodlets.
- Smokers will use Energy slightly faster and maybe get Fatigued (the hidden motive) a little faster than non-smoking Sims.
- Every day a Sim has the "Smoker" trait, they accumulate increasing risk of getting sick.  Maybe 1% per day or something.  A Sim that has the Smoker trait for 15 days has a 15% chance per day of getting sick. Something like that, subject to game balance.
- Smokers will get a NEGATIVE moodlet if they go too long between smokes.
- The mood penalty of this negative moodlet gets increasingly larger the more time they go between smokes
- After a certain amount of time, the negative moodlet starts to decrease, and eventually goes away.  This simulates the rejection period experienced when quitting smoking.

Once a Sim "quits smoking", they lose the Smoker trait and all the penalties and benefits involved (but NOT the percentage sickness chance they earned while smoking. This stays, but no longer increases).  The Smoker trait is replace by an "Ex-Smoker" trait.

A Sim with the Ex-Smoker trait is basically the same as a Sim that never smoked, except they still have the percentage chance of sickness they accumulated while being a Smoker, AND if they even try smoking one time, they "earn" the Smoker trait back again.

You can make it so that Sims that have the Smoker or Ex-Smoker traits in common get a relationship boost, and maybe Smoker Sims get a relationship penalty with Ex-Smoker Sims.

Hmmm.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009 July 23, 20:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bad suggestion, Falin.

This mod really would be fun, it's a shame Pescado isn't interested.

Falin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009 July 23, 21:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bad suggestion, Falin.

This mod really would be fun, it's a shame Pescado isn't interested.

If I was as good at modding as Pescado, I'd take this on myself.

I think I'm gonna poke around with it anyway.  Wink
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009 July 24, 00:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That cigarette after woohoo idea is the ONLY one in this whole thread (only realistic one) that I actually like.  That's a wonderful idea.  I have little interest in a complicated mod with a grim public service message, but a little change to an animation like that would be fantastic.

(Might I also suggest, it would also be nice if, after really good woohoo, they would sometimes come out from under the covers wearing the electrocution hair.)

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009 July 24, 16:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? How? No psychodelic moodlet suggestions for the joint? I would also love to see pink elephants appearing or flying piglets. Only the stoned sim would be able to see them ala social bunny in TS2.

I really like the skill idea. We could be able to unlock a stoner, smoker and "juice-aholic" skill? Doesn't drinking and smoking go hand in hand usually?

For the stonerr I'd suggest a way to unlock the abillity to rampage the fridge depleting it of every single food item. If the sim has at least 1 point in cooking skill they will be able to make space cake Smiley and serve it to others to get them join their bad habit yay!

I'm sure the hunger thing that someone suggested is possible since watching the cooking channel depletes it at a much faster rate.

I really wish that as we get more resources to mod TS3 to our wishes we could make this a realistic goal. A gigantic TS3 project just to show those Eaxis lazytards what we can pull off even with our limited tools. TS3 is to me a huge flaming bag of poo dumped on my porch and I really wish to see this game hacked and modefified to the point that even EA will wonder if it's still their game or not!

Yes I know this is the "I want a pony" way of thinking but still... I really hate EA and what they did and are doing still to the Sims.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: