More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:05:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3: Updated - August 22, 2009
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3: Updated - August 22, 2009  (Read 28204 times)
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3: Updated - August 22, 2009
« on: 2009 June 19, 23:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basic Description:

The mod enables Sims to write novels faster on their computers.

NOTE:

A Sim without the BookWorm/Artistic or similar traits will spend around 8 to 12 hours writing a novel (depending on the genre) from start to finish.

A Sim with the BookWorm/Artistic or similar traits will spend slightly less time writing a novel (depending on the genre) from start to finish, meaning that if a Sim (without the BookWorm/Artistic or similar traits) spent 8 hours, then the other Sim (with the BookWorm/Artistic or similar traits) will spend around 4 to 6 hours depending on what type of genre is used for the novel.

Each genre is unlocked for the traits the Sim have regardless of what skill level the Sim has for writing novels. Only Painting level 6 is required I believe to write a children's book.

NEW:

The new alternate version does not allow Sims with no skills to write a novel ranging from Children's to Vaudeville, meaning that they have to gain the appropriate skills and levels to unlock the genres later on.

This version retains the original features for faster writing and no bigger royalty payouts.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Install the mod into the following location if you have XP:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Do NOT put the mod anywhere else but that location. Vista shouldn't be any different.

You must have Pescado's framework mod to be installed in order for the mod to work with Sims 3. You can find the framework mod at two locations:

For Advance Users installing manually:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15184.0.html

For Beginner Users installing the easy way:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

Copy and paste the website addresses into your favorite browser and visit either site to get the framework mod for Sims 3. Must have it or you won't be able to use the mods!

Side Note:

This mod has a different take from other similar mods as it will not increase royalties, number of royalties payouts (by week or month) or grant instant skill points.

Updated - July 11, 2009 - Updated

Re-download the new version to replace the old mod. Same features.

* FasterNovelWriting-Sims3.rar (4.48 KB - downloaded 1737 times.)
* FasterNovelWriting-Sims3-NoUnlockedGenres.rar (4.51 KB - downloaded 911 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 August 22, 21:27:39 by Chaavik » Logged

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
breanan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 14:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for creating this. The only problem is I cant seem to get it to work. My sims still take longer than 6 hours to write a book and he is a bookworm and artistic. I know i have the resource file installed properly becuase my other mods are working fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 16:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you not read the part where it said "depending on the genre"? Autobiographies, Epics, Masters and whatnot take longer to finish because they have more pages to complete than the other genres.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Simness
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 17:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I tested this... and it does not seem to work as well as maybe intended, used same Sim to write the same novel pre-hack, it took 8 sim hrs, then without saving my game sent the same sim to write the same novel again with the hack. This time it took 7hrs and 50mins diff being 10mins. If this is the intended gain then great, but I would prefer one that took less time.

Thanks for doing this hack tho, maybe its relative as you say but Im not sure how concidering I used exactly the same sim and tried it a number of times.

Smiley
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 27, 11:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you patch your game to the newest patch that fixed the game speed? It would make sense if you didn't patch the game, you would be experiencing some randomness with time while you watch your Sim write a book each time you order the Sim to do so on the computer without saving on quitting the game.

haris_gala
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 16:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did not work for me even though I have the new patch...
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 29, 01:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works great for me! Thanks!

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
jello
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 02, 06:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you not read the part where it said "depending on the genre"? Autobiographies, Epics, Masters and whatnot take longer to finish because they have more pages to complete than the other genres.

There's an epic genre? How does one unlock this?

And I've tried modifying NumBooksWrittenForMasterpiece to a lower value, like 1 or 2, and for some reason the game refuses to take it. Any idea why?
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3: Updated - July 11, 2009
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 11, 17:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-download the new version to replace the old mod.

Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
Re: Faster Novel Writing - Sims 3: Updated - August 22, 2009
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 22, 21:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy aside.. The thread is updated with an addition of a new alternate mod to allow players to enjoy watching their Sims work to gain the appropriate skills and levels in order to unlock the genres.

This was a request made by someone at MTS last week.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: