More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:06:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 199578 times)
SJane
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #250 on: 2009 June 15, 13:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or not (and I'm too lazy to look), but I've been having an issue with traits.  When the sim doesn't "grow up well", and the game auto-assigns them, about 75% of the time they don't show up.  It will give the whole dialog like "Little Tommy X didn't grow up so well, so he now has the Insane trait".  But the trait will never show up in their list.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2009 June 15, 14:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that if I delete scriptCache.package, start up the game and let it crash at the loading screen once (generating a new file) it works fine on every subsequent start.
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009 June 15, 15:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that if I delete scriptCache.package, start up the game and let it crash at the loading screen once (generating a new file) it works fine on every subsequent start.

That is my experience as well. Every time I delete the caches it crashes on the next start, but runs fine when I try to start it again, and doesn't crash in game.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 17:29:04 by mandapotpie » Logged

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009 June 15, 17:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Freezing on the loading screen, as opposed to simply crashing, is failure to install the Framework correctly.

If that were the case, why would Hysterical Paradoxism's skins work for me, since they require the framework as well?

I'm not going to be so high and mighty as to rule out any possibility of error on my part, but seriously, what could I have done wrong in the framework installation? The Mods/Packages folders are there, in the root directory... The resource file is there, it's the very one you have posted on this forum... And all it says is this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

So... How have I installed it wrong? Because I would love nothing more than to admit being an idiot, repent the error of my ways, and be able to run the mod in my game.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2009 June 15, 18:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Mods/Packages folders are there, in the root directory... The resource file is there, it's the very one you have posted on this forum... And all it says is this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate

So... How have I installed it wrong? Because I would love nothing more than to admit being an idiot, repent the error of my ways, and be able to run the mod in my game.

Okay, apologies up front if I'm not understanding you.  But when I use the term "root directory," it means C:\

If that's what it means for you as well, then your framework is in the wrong place.

It needs to be in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

This is all assuming that C is your hard/game drive designation and that you are not using a Mac, since I know the file structure for Macs is a bit different.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2009 June 15, 18:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, apologies up front if I'm not understanding you.  But when I use the term "root directory," it means C:\

If that's what it means for you as well, then your framework is in the wrong place.

It needs to be in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

No apology necessary, and I sincerely wish I were dumb enough to put them in the wrong folder, so that this would solve my problem, and I'd be playing the awesomemod right now... Unfortunately, that's not the case, and by "root" I did in fact mean the Sims 3 folder. (the program files one, not my documents, just for even more needless clarification)

Thanks anyway, though.

Could there be a problem with my resource file? Am I missing some other file everyone collectively neglected to tell me about?
Cocomama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009 June 15, 22:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baila, maybe installing 3.5Net from Microsoft can help. That is needed to get  Delphy's monkey installer working, so probibly Framework needs it too?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2009 June 15, 23:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baila, maybe installing 3.5Net from Microsoft can help. That is needed to get  Delphy's monkey installer working, so probibly Framework needs it too?

The framework doesn't need 3.5 NET.  I refused to install that shit (even though I won't be able to make custom patterns without it), and I have installed both the framework and Awesomemod, which works in my game.

Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 June 16, 00:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I don't want to question the great Pescado, but... Unless I've somehow installed the framework wrong, which I would still just love to be true, then the loading screen freeze issue is not tied to that, as he clearly stated, above?

Freezing on the loading screen, as opposed to simply crashing, is failure to install the Framework correctly.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 June 16, 05:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two Resource.cfg files wanting to go in the root of the Sims3 folder. So I made sure that all the entries showed up in one and left it at that. I have:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Test/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

I have had about 4-6 crashes in total since I installed the game.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2009 June 16, 16:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Latest build gives me CTD during loading screen for the very first time ever - deleting cache files & adding the enablescripterror.package to the Mod folder allows run but looks like I'll have to do it everytime as subsequent starts CTD.

Whatever you changed this time(last build Jun15 6:54am) doesn't like my computer.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 June 17, 17:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick nugget of feedback

It crashes about 1 time in 30, perhaps better, and very early on too, so all is well.

There have been a couple of in-game crashes (a sound glitch gives away the crash before it happens) but that could easily be non mod-related, and its rare. Anyone else had that?
Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009 June 17, 17:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I don't mean to be a pest at all, but I still haven't gotten an answer about my problem with the awesome mod... Pescado told me my framework wasn't installed correctly, but as it turns out, it is, and other hacks using the very same framework work just fine (I am, of course, removing them when I try to run the awesomemod... even though they wouldn't conflict, I've been trying to eliminate every possibility...)

The question is... Why am I still getting a frozen loading screen? Every time, without fail, whether I delete the caches, use the newly generated ones, or leave them alone entirely... Is there any possible explanation for this? Or is the awesome mod just incompatible with ME?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 June 17, 17:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which "other hacks" are you using that work?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Amerz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 June 17, 18:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashed for the first (and second) time today.
I was running one of the oldest versions of Awesome mod, but coming back here to download all the EA store stuff I decided to download the new version.
All I did was delete the old and put the new version in it's place, and now it just... exits the game when it's loading.
I know the framework is installed correctly, as the old version worked perfectly. I also know it's not the custom content, as when I deleted the new Awesome mod, it worked.
Redwoolfe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 June 17, 18:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem as Baila. I use other hacks, and take them out for awesome mod. Hang at loading screen every time. I've tried all the "magic" tricks in this thread, nothing has worked. If I use the mod, it hangs. If I don't, and put in the others, all is well.

The other mods I'm using are:
Delphy's Body Slider Hack
Nointro
NoMosaic
CyberOps No Dead Fish Mod

Just out of curiousity, what operating system was it written for?  I am still using XP, and wondered if that could be the prob? I tend to ignore window upgrades until I absolutely have to switch. I hate guinea pig debugging..heh.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 June 17, 19:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiousity, what operating system was it written for? 

It shouldn't depend on the system, as I'm using it on Mac OS X with apparently no issue at all. I wonder if this voodoo crash somehow includes the launcher; so far, it seems to be the only thing that really differentiates the launch of TS3 between Mac and Windows users. On Mac we can't bypass the launcher, therefore it loads every time.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 June 17, 22:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, the other hacks I have been using are Hysterical Paradoxyism's default replacement bodies, the more detailed natural ones... And the no censor hack.

If you want me to test my framework installation with any other non-awesome mod I'll do so, I'd be glad to find out that my framework is all wrong so I can get it fixed, but somehow I doubt that's the case.
Redwoolfe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009 June 18, 01:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this voodoo crash somehow includes the launcher;

Not sure what you mean, but if it's any help, I use the launcher also...never cared enough about it to bypass it.
klovesjmrf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 June 18, 02:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the awesome mod crashes my game, when its loading the game closes before complete loadiing and i tested without the the mod it was working, just when i let the mod there it crashes.. i use windows vista wihtout other mods, please fix this problem pescado, without it the game is abit boring... thanks for all  your efforts on making a mod for us.
HunterRyu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009 June 18, 04:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delurking to bawwww about crashes like everyone else.

My crashes usually happen a few human minutes into a new family if I play a household for a couple real hours and then switch to another household.

I delete cache.package files every time, it load-up crashes once then plays fine for awhile until the switch family crash.  I also had it crash on me one time when I went to buy a rug.  Again it was after playing a household for at least an hour my time.

Only other hack I have is censor removal, and it crashed before I put that in the same way it is now.

Not whining for you to solve my problems specifically, just adding to the information pool.

Unlike Sims2 crashes where it borked and dinged and then there was an error pop-up, Sims 3 just closes itself out.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009 June 18, 06:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also getting the error posted a few pages ago dealing with athletic tone.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ScriptError Version="6" Type="MiniScriptError" MaxRecursionDepth="0">
  <ExceptionData>simulating object is null
unable to obtain an interaction object

A null value was found where an object instance was required.
#0: 0x00014 ldfld.r4   in Sims3.Gameplay.Skills.Athletic+QuickBurstTone:OnSelectionBegin (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance) (1555B500 [15D2AC30] )
#1: 0x0006f callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:SetCurrentTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Tone) (15D2AC30 [1555B500] )
#2: 0x00024 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:set_CurrentTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Tone) (15D2AC30 [1555B500] )
#3: 0x0014a callvirt   in Awesome.Awesome.Athletics:AutoSetTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Interaction`2) ([366128176/0x15d2ac30] )
#4: 0x0001b call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.AthleticGameObject+WorkOut:ConfigureInteraction () ()
#5: 0x0000b callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition`3:Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition.CreateInstanceFromParameters (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&amp;) (05011310 [vt:0F4789C4] )
#6: 0x00010 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.InteractionCandidate:CreateInstance (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&amp;) (187B3960 [vt:0F4789C4] )
#7: 0x00032 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:AssignProbabilitiesAndChooseInteraction () ()
#8: 0x000c3 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.CommodityKind,bool) (18B1B460
  • [1] )
#9: 0x0001b ret        in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (bool) (18B1B460 [1] )
#10: 0x00004 pop        in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:TryFindBestAction () ()
#11: 0x0002a leave.s    in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.AutonomyManager:Simulate () ()
#12: 0x00022 ldc.i4.0   in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()

Once it starts, it keeps happening every couple of seconds when I have the enablescripterror package loaded.  It sometimes also crashes from it.  I'm not sure, but it may only be crashing when I don't have enablescripterror loaded.  (If you're wondering why sometimes I don't have it loaded, it's because I have to either take it out or re-add that package every time I launch Sims to get past the loading crash.  One of the two gets it to start back up normally.)

In case it's somehow related, my sims are level 10 athletic, so they have the full set of different exercize types.   I also have the full HystericalParoxysm more realistic skin textures installed.

Hope that helps!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009 June 18, 10:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue should be fixed in the next version if it hasn't already been.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Redwoolfe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009 June 18, 15:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added a few more mods to my list, all of which worked like a charm, with one interesting exception. Wintermute's Purity Mod crashed my game in exactly the same way. Purity is supposed to be a mod that contains only the story mode controls. I guess I'm fated to not have story mode. Must find larger goats to sacrifice to the Game Gods.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009 June 19, 06:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread is being closed because it has become overly large, confusing, and offtopic, plus the system has been reorganized.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: