More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:17:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Inexplicably foreign launcher
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inexplicably foreign launcher  (Read 6688 times)
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Inexplicably foreign launcher
« on: 2009 June 17, 12:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this issue has been posted anywhere else, but do forgive me if I'm being hideously inappropriate by posting.

My launcher has randomly decided to turn German. When I installed the game I made it clear I was in the United Kingdom, thus speak English, and it's been fine the last 2 days I've had TS3, but now everything is foreign.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? I only speak English and French so this is pretty confusing for me to try and read!

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Inexplicably foreign launcher
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 17, 13:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known issue. The launcher detects your location on IP address, which is often not correct, and sets the language accordingly.

Fortunately you do not need the launcher. The game can be launched by directly launcing TS3.exe, and items can be installed with alternate tools like Jfade's 3Viewer.

Ah, cheers  Grin

I've heard the launcher is evil anyway so I'll try and avoid it  Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 13:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not allow the launcher to actually connect to the Internets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 17, 13:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I should turn off my AirPort when I start TS3?

Unrelated, but I just tried to start up and it said it cannot verify that my disk is a valid one  Huh

Oh god, now it's Italian.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 14:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't Use The Launcher.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 17, 17:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unrelated, but I just tried to start up and it said it cannot verify that my disk is a valid one  Huh

Get the no-cd/no-DVD crack or use the feature in the awesomemod that bypasses disk-check on startup.

L'uso dei Launcher non è una buona idea.  Brauchen Sie nicht das Launcher.
(Babel Fish Italian FTW!  Apologies to Marhis.)

Tribulatio proxima est
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 17, 18:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your italian translation is perfect Smiley.

I assume you're using a Mac (AirPort), therefore you actually can't disable the launcher and start from TS3.exe directly. Therefore, you have two options:

1) turn off AirPort, like you already suggested, or
2) Use Little Snitch and deny any outgoing connection from The Sims 3.app, Sims3-Launcher, cider, etc. (anything that tries to connect to something.ea.com and stuff like that).

Both methods require a noDVD crack, or the awesomemod with the option "no CD" enabled. I would suggest the latter anyway; apparently, also, those who are playing TS3 on Mac are quite less prone to crashes and CTDs.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 17, 20:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your italian translation is perfect Smiley.

I assume you're using a Mac (AirPort), therefore you actually can't disable the launcher and start from TS3.exe directly. Therefore, you have two options:

1) turn off AirPort, like you already suggested, or
2) Use Little Snitch and deny any outgoing connection from The Sims 3.app, Sims3-Launcher, cider, etc. (anything that tries to connect to something.ea.com and stuff like that).

Both methods require a noDVD crack, or the awesomemod with the option "no CD" enabled. I would suggest the latter anyway; apparently, also, those who are playing TS3 on Mac are quite less prone to crashes and CTDs.

Thanks =) I'll use Little Snitch

Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 18, 15:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Brauchen Sie nicht das Launcher.

A little German Hint Wink
Wer brauchen ohne zu gebraucht, braucht brauchen gar nicht zu gebrauchen   (meaning: "brauchen" has a "zu" in infinitive form  and therefor doesn't belong here) Grin

In short: online Translators are evil and never really get it right. Especially since the English (and also the Dutch) Language in this  context doesn't distinguish between 3rd and 4th case (Dative and Accusative)
In your example it should be: Gebrauchen Sie nicht den Launcher
oder besser:
Benutzen Sie nicht den Launcher!

-le
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 18, 16:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Brauchen Sie nicht das Launcher.

A little German Hint Wink
Wer brauchen ohne zu gebraucht, braucht brauchen gar nicht zu gebrauchen   (meaning: "brauchen" has a "zu" in infinitive form  and therefor doesn't belong here) Grin

In short: online Translators are evil and never really get it right. Especially since the English (and also the Dutch) Language in this  context doesn't distinguish between 3rd and 4th case (Dative and Accusative)
In your example it should be: Gebrauchen Sie nicht den Launcher
oder besser:
Benutzen Sie nicht den Launcher!

Danke.  I actually did not use a translator for the German, but it would seem that my German is in need of practice.

I also did not follow my own advice.  I had a problem with 3viewer yesterday and finally caved in and used the launcher to install some store content.

Tribulatio proxima est
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 18, 17:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it Cheesy Those things are extremely hard to get right, if you're not a native speaker...in fact a lot of native Germans don't get it right (and it seems to me that it's getting worse with every generation).
Anyways cheers to you for trying  Smiley

-le
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 20, 14:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Delphy's tool and 3Viewer fail at installing several Sims3packs I've tried, even after running them through s3rc.

I block the Launcher from phoning home as well.  I think Jfade suggested at one point that 3viewer does not work well with sims3packs that have multiple .package files in them or something to that effect (or was I dreaming?).

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: