More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 08:18:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Launcher doesn't work....Halp?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Launcher doesn't work....Halp?  (Read 7227 times)
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

Getting teens pregnent since Seasons.

View Profile
Launcher doesn't work....Halp?
« on: 2009 June 17, 04:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought the limited edition pack for the flashdrive although I had pirated it before hand. The launcher didn't work with the Arred copy (Not sure if it was supposed to) or with the official one...and I want my free bullshit I get for actually buying it. I didn't see any post so far about this here so far and ea help section is no help at all, not that it's surprising.

So, has anyone had this problem and has fixed it?

Give it here or I'll throw you in a vat of boiling sharks.
This may be why I love this place....

I-89 N-12 T-100 J-33. Electronic Engineering feild. Go figure.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: Launcher doesn't work....Halp?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 17, 04:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want to use the launcher? Also, if you want help it might be useful to describe what you mean by "doesn't work". Does it crash? Does it simply never open? Do you get an error message? Are you trying to run it from the shortcut or from the open launcher button inside of the game?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 04:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that. When I try to open it windows says it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I was trying to run it from the shortcut the game makes when installed, it does the same with the launcher icon in the program files.

Razamataz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 17, 16:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem is noted at The Sims 3 Help. They are working on it and hope to have a fix in the first patch. Untill then they say to make a shortcut for the File TS3.exe.
It is normaly located at C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Hope this helps
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 21:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I can play the game just fine, just wanted the launcher to work so i can get the new crap hair they put out that i haven't Arred yet.(Can't use those either w/o the launcher)  But thank you for trying to help me. I'll just have to wait for the fuckers to fix it. -sigh-

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 17, 21:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look in the Puddings section, you will note that there are other programs that will allow you to download and install store stuff.  You don't NEED the launcher.

Tribulatio proxima est
dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 17, 21:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes....true. Its just the thing that I bought it, so it better work kinda thinking my mom instilled in me. Also being stubborn.... But I will look into that. Thanks.

dnilecosplayer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 17, 22:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched around a bit and found the 3viewer and the compressorizer...but I'm not sure If I should be using this instead of the launcher since it gave me an error when i tried to install the limited edition car thing.

Can someone direct me to the right thread to help me?

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 18, 01:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm having the same problem here (except I didn't waste my money on the game), but I don't know what program to use either. I tried opening it with the 3viewer, but it didn't really do anything...
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 18, 01:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm having the same problem here (except I didn't waste my money on the game), but I don't know what program to use either. I tried opening it with the 3viewer, but it didn't really do anything...

You have to open the program first, then open the file you want to install from inside the program. The big button with a 3 on it is the install button. The first time you open it, you have to configure it to your installation, but it'll choose the default installation first.

I use it because it's the only program I've found so far that works on macs, and because the launcher recently started having problems installing things (after weeks of working fine). I'm wondering if installing Riverview screwed it up, though, since that was the only new addition to the game prior to the screwiness.

I sing along with elevator music.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 18, 14:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to open the program first, then open the file you want to install from inside the program. The big button with a 3 on it is the install button. The first time you open it, you have to configure it to your installation, but it'll choose the default installation first.

I use it because it's the only program I've found so far that works on macs, and because the launcher recently started having problems installing things (after weeks of working fine). I'm wondering if installing Riverview screwed it up, though, since that was the only new addition to the game prior to the screwiness.

Thanks. I appparently had an old version of the 3viewer and I didn't know it, so that's why my installs weren't working. Good luck with your Riverview problems though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: