More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:54:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Riverview up and Vanished / Telephone sometimes doesn't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Riverview up and Vanished / Telephone sometimes doesn't work  (Read 2770 times)
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Riverview up and Vanished / Telephone sometimes doesn't work
« on: 2009 June 22, 23:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked around, but didn't see these exact problems.  My game recently became corrupted and I had to reinstall. Ever since my reinstallation, I've been having random borkedness here and there, but there are two that are really driving me  up the wall.  Many apologies if someone else posted these problems and I missed them.

#1. I  can no longer select Riverview as a starter town. I have all of the objects from Riverview, but the town doesn't exist as an option. When i try to install it, I get an error and it says I've already got the town installed.

#2. I have a sim or two that are unable to communicate via telephone. They can't use any house telephones or the phone in their backpack. When I click on the phone, they have no bubbles that pop up at all.   I've tried reinstalling the offender, logging out and back in, quitting -- but their phones won't work.  This pretty much makes the game unplayable, so I nuke any family with a phoneless sim.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Riverview up and Vanished / Telephone sometimes doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 00:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RiverView is kept in your user files in My documents. The Downloads are kept in DCcache, DCbackup. RiverView installed to InstalledWorlds. I assume that you would have to delete Riverview from installed worlds before you tried installing it again. If that doesn't work then I assume you would probably have to take out the DCcache and DCbackup files. The backup files are useless and extra, they take up space. The real downloads from the exchange (like objects and such), when installed via the launcher are seemingly compiled into one file that is in DCcache.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Riverview up and Vanished / Telephone sometimes doesn't work
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 04:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I'll give that a go next time I feel like playing. With the stupid unusable phones, I don't want to do anything.

But thank you for the info about getting Riverview back.

Odd update: No idea why, but once I installed the awesomemod before the newest one, the phone problem SEEMS to have fixed itself. It may have been coincidence, but everyone has phones again.   Now my sim with 3 toddlers/ 2 babies can FINALLY call a babysitter and leave the freaking house. I was starting to think a 'suicidal' moodlet was about to pop up for her.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 06:29:52 by kewpie » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: