More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:40:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Broken Opportunity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken Opportunity  (Read 3481 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
Broken Opportunity
« on: 2009 June 17, 04:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember the exact name of the Opportunity, but it's the one for cooking from the school. It tells you to prepare two group meals of cookies then bring them to the school for the bake sale. Every time I tried to put the cookies in my sims' inventory, they'd vanish.. After making 3 or 4 plates of cookies I gave up and decided it was completely borked.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Broken Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 17, 04:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with that opportunity, I thought it must have been my sim that was glitched.

I discovered that if I kept the sim's inventory on screen the cookies didn't vanish, but as soon as I clicked away from her inventory the cookies vanished.  In my case the sim lived across the road from the school, so I was able to finish the opportunity without having to click on the map screen.  You could try sending the sim to stand outside the school before dragging the cookie platters to their inventory, so that you don't need to click away from the inventory screen once the cookies are in inventory.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 04:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well.. first, I dragged the plates onto her icon on the side, which is a quick way to drop things into the inventory.. I didn't navigate into her inventory at all until I clicked on the school and realized that the deliver cookies option was greyed out. If you hover over it a moment, it tells you why it's greyed out. It said that I didn't have the meals in my inventory. I looked, and sure enough, it was empty. So, I made another plate and dragged it directly into her inventory window, and it vanished before my eyes within a couple seconds. At that point, I said "fuck this" and canceled the opportunity.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 17, 04:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this may be the Robotic Hand of God being overzealous. Try turning it off using setconfig and see if the problem continues. THis will probably be fixed in the next version, I rewrote parts of it in the present testbuild.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 17, 06:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay.. I generated a new config with the robotic hand disabled. I used the same sim, and same food. I dropped it into her inventory and left it for a few game hours.. It's safe and sound, so it would appear that the overzealous hand is the cause.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 17, 17:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaa for this.  I had the same problem with delivering a platter of grilled salmon - twice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: