More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:33:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Story Mode: A Random @Toading: Congratulations to Draklixa!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Mode: A Random @Toading: Congratulations to Draklixa!  (Read 46139 times)
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Story Mode: A Random @Toading: Congratulations to Draklixa!
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 20, 13:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should have put a nuclear power plant right there in town. Then no one would question the mutation rate. In fact, in the future, I could do this, setting the mutation rate to be higher when your sims are living next to the nuclear power plant.

This is a fun idea, except that, being the pedant that I am, I have to point out that living in the same town with a nuclear power plant does not mean you're exposed to abnormal amounts of radiation. Only if the plant were to blow up would that be a concern.

So, I'm not sure if that's the solution I want to explain the high amount of mutations in the game.  Tongue

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 20, 16:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ThrowHouseParty
A SelectRandomHousehold consisting of at least one YA or older throws a party. This is the only event that isn't harmful!
This is the only event that really makes much sense to me. Why couldn't random actions happen in a nicer way, rather than a killing-all-my-Sims-then-spawning-a-ton-of-babies retarded EAxis way? Oh yes, because they suck and they hate us.

It would be nice if GetJob would trigger more often, or if jobs were just automatically assigned when YA-hood is reached.  I hate that most of my town seems to be unemployed.
I would like to see something like that, but saner. In Sims 2 the Awesomeware would pick random townies for coworker for the player's Sims. Something like that, but picking random non-player residents of Sims 3 to fill in coworkers would be nice. Of course, I prefer Sims getting random jobs over Sims dying or adopting 20 toddlers or being deleted or randomly moved. But I don't think I would like the game gives Sims jobs randomly, if I had an alternative option.

Strictly speaking, animals can be quite picky. Random mating is one of those simplified assumptions akin to spherical cows.
It isn't too far from the habits of the Bonobo. But for most animals, there is very strict competition for mates.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 20, 16:25:19 by WatersMoon » Logged

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 20, 17:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a fun idea, except that, being the pedant that I am, I have to point out that living in the same town with a nuclear power plant does not mean you're exposed to abnormal amounts of radiation. Only if the plant were to blow up would that be a concern.
Well, yes, we KNOW that, but it's the SIMS. We're talking about the kind of nuclear plant that employs Homer Simpson. You've seen the kind of chance cards we get. It's the kind of nuclear plant that in real life would get shut down for multiple violations of safety regulations.

In unrelated news, the next AwesomeMod will attempt to introduce some more control and sanity to the random event process. Sims that move will be moving not purely as a random process of nonsensicalness, but to upgrade their houses, and will do so as a natural consequence of becoming richer, so they will prefer to vacate crappy houses to move to more upscale places, especially if this will bring them closer to their places of employment. Sims will no longer move in with random strangers, instead preferring to move in with friends/fambly, and will capacity-check houses before spawning endless spawn. All this gives the player somewhat more control over the neighborhood population dynamics through the simple choice of what houses to build. Finally, the thing we've all wanted: The option to set a sim-fambly OFFLIMITS to the vagaries of story mode random event generation with the God's Chosen People mode.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 20, 18:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(GetJob-related banter)

Moar "came with the box" puddings need to have jobs, and I don't want to have to manually attach them.  That is what TS3's shoddy programming was supposed to do.  

I wouldn't care so much if they were randomly assigned automatically (I'm guessing unplayed puddings are too stupid to do things like write novels or paint for a living), as long as care was paid to any puddings with a lifetime wish of Being an Astromat, Massive Corporate Whore, or 5-Stair Chief.

Though, if the option were available, puddings given to writing or painting (Artistic/Bookworm traits?) doing their thing for a living would be nice.

Addendum: oh right, and could promotions actually ever happen?  My sims can get promoted in their sleep.  Why the hell can't puddings do the same?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 20, 19:24:08 by Czezechael » Logged
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 20, 18:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want no more puddings!  Remember "Notowniespawn" from Sims 2?

I carefully created 10 big 8-man famblies of my own genetics and last names to populate my hood, and I've tried 3 times now to fight the story mode to get them to thrive.

Jobs is easy, if the game needs people for jobs, it will take them from the neighborhood (completely randomly, but that's ok).

Births is easy actually also...when they are married!  They seem to have no problem producing 2-parent spawn when they are married.

3 parts that makes my legacy hood difficult at the moment:

1) Mating pairs - Do not happen often enough, the reason was stated by his holiness in another thread somewheres.
2) YA's getting away from mom and dad - The moveouts almost never make sense.
3) Random idiot townies moving in - STOP THEM!

Periodically I have to stop, turn off aging/story-mode, force match up as many singles as I can find, move them out on their own (kick out), and gas the fat-assed jobless retards that worm their way into my gated community like cockroaches.

I'd like a way to just trust the story mode to do this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: