More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:43:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Tipping question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tipping question  (Read 5754 times)
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Tipping question
« on: 2009 June 15, 23:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't *have* the game yet, so I can't test this myself - but I'm trying to figure out ways and means to make it work the way I want to once I have it. So, question:

When Sim A performs guitar, and Sim B tips Sim A a certain amount, is that amount actually taken from B's funds?

And if it isn't (which is kind of what I expect, given EA's history of breaking these things), is there a way to get rid of the tipping by way of tuning an XML file? Or would that require more involved surgery?

If somebody already knows this, I'd be grateful for any info. Thanks!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Tipping question
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 16, 11:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen townies or guests busking.  It seems to be an action that's restricted to your active Sims.  Since other households are very approximate in their simulations, I think it would be difficult to tell if a trivial amount of money vanished when they tipped.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 16, 13:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen townies or guests busking.  It seems to be an action that's restricted to your active Sims.

I'm asking specifically about playable sims, sorry if that wasn't clear. I don't plan to have any townies in my game.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 16, 16:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen townies or guests busking.  It seems to be an action that's restricted to your active Sims. 

Heh. If this only were the case. I had a sim eat at the bistro, and not only one, but two townies decided to play for tips in front of the building. In combination with the bistro music, the acoustic result was interesting, but hardly enjoyable.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 16, 20:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't plan to have any townies in my game.

Hate to burst your bubble as I had hoped I could have minimal townies or none as well. It's not possible as far as I can tell to play without townies in this game. The only good thing is that so far none of them are as annoying as good ol' Marsha Bruenig.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 16, 20:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't plan to have any townies in my game.

Hate to burst your bubble as I had hoped I could have minimal townies or none as well. It's not possible as far as I can tell to play without townies in this game. The only good thing is that so far none of them are as annoying as good ol' Marsha Bruenig.

...or as UTTERLY fugly as Sandy Bruty.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 16, 20:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...or as UTTERLY fugly as Sandy Bruty.

And thanks god, Carmen Patch was an NPC and not a townie.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 16, 21:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate to burst your bubble as I had hoped I could have minimal townies or none as well. It's not possible as far as I can tell to play without townies in this game.

Ouch. I was hoping destroyallhumans/townies/npcs would take care of them? Do they just randomly regenerate after that? Thanks for the warning, in any case ..

Anyhow, as long as townies are tipping townies I wouldn't care -- what would matter to me is whether or not my on sims would lose/gain money through Eaxian wormholes.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 16, 22:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only *townies* in my game are the Bosses/Taxi Driver/Newspaper kid/A few co-workers. It has messed up a few opportunities because the sim it asked to continue a event with did not exist, but for the most part the Job latter works okay without many townies. I think because the bin families can not be deleted they're roaming somewhere in my hood, but I have not come into contact with them. I used the empty sunset valley by crazetex and destroyallhumans before making 10 families. All sims ARE townies now, so if you only want to play with your custom made sims, I'd suggest doing that and then setting story progression off. I haven't tried with awesome mod's TS2 aging, because right now aging in my hood is off until I want them to age.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 20, 22:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only *townies* in my game are the Bosses/Taxi Driver/Newspaper kid/A few co-workers. It has messed up a few opportunities because the sim it asked to continue a event with did not exist, but for the most part the Job latter works okay without many townies. I think because the bin families can not be deleted they're roaming somewhere in my hood, but I have not come into contact with them. I used the empty sunset valley by crazetex and destroyallhumans before making 10 families.

Did you bulldoze all the houses as well?  The one time I experimented with destroyallhumans, the game filled my empty houses over time.  After a few sessions I had a flood of townies, so I killed that 'hood.  I wasn't thrilled with the prospect of a completely undecorated 'hood, so I put that experiment back on the shelf.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 21, 14:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess if you had a sim perform for tips in the park and alt+click to another sim-fambly, you could check to see if they actually lose funds.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 21, 14:57:20 by Erry » Logged

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: