More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:57:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Shut Up the DJ Hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Shut Up the DJ Hack?  (Read 4097 times)
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
Shut Up the DJ Hack?
« on: 2009 June 15, 20:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question here (found nothing using Search):

Has anyone made a hack to shut up the DJ? Is it even possible to do this??

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Shut Up the DJ Hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 19, 22:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to have this hack too. You can shut him up only by turning off voices, but then you can't hear your sims talk.

The DJ's verbage not only doesn't match different types of music, but if you're listening to your own music while playing and it's mellow, his/her obnoxious noise doesn't match the ambiance in the game.

I've seen this request quite a few times in different sites over the years, but either it can't be done or the few who can do it haven't yet had the time or inclination. Maybe we'll get lucky and someone will now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 19, 23:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure it's part of a canned loop animation and can't really be stopped.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 22, 21:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a DJ unexpectedly met a death by flies, would the game simply generate a new one??    Tongue

Presumably there's a WAV file (or several) somewhere with the DJ voices. What if one were to locate this file and replace with an empty WAV file, similar to the silent startup files? Or, to be more exact, where might one find these files?

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
OverCoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 23, 07:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably there's a WAV file (or several) somewhere with the DJ voices. What if one were to locate this file and replace with an empty WAV file, similar to the silent startup files? Or, to be more exact, where might one find these files?

I PM'd Treeag with this question over at MTS2 yesterday since she's an excellent modder and has done one with sounds. She doesn't have time to do this mod, but she said:

Quote from: Treeag
Yes there's a sound file for that DJ of course, maybe somewhere in sfx.package or misc.package. The thing is, those packages are pretty much a big mess. There's no label whatsoever so to find it you might have to extract all of them and listen to each of them to determine which is which. Once you find it though, you'll just have to take note of the instance number and then make a new blank mp3 file and import it into a package. Hope that helps.

Perhaps it will; thanks again Treeag if you visit here.

I found the sfx files under Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2/TSData/Sounds, and randomly extracted one and tried to listen to it. My Windows Media, however, said it didn't support that type of MP3 file and it might have been compressed.  If anyone has an EA friend or an old programmer tech handbook that an EA/Maxis would have, it should have the instance number.  From that point making a Shut Up The DJ hack would be a breeze for a sound person (unfortuately I'm not).

Whydoeye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 16, 01:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean you don't appreciate his lovely, drunken cries.

Delete the DJ booth from the lot is things get drastic.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: