More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:50:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambrosia
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambrosia  (Read 7953 times)
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Ambrosia
« on: 2009 June 15, 18:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I searched for this topic and it does not seem that any of the threads cover this but if I missed one I'm sorry.

I had a Sim I made in CAS but made as an adult.  He married a Sim that had the ability to prepare Ambrosia.  When he was just a day from turning into an elder she prepared the Ambrosia and he ate it.  It reset his bar back to the beginning of the adult stage and I was happy.  Then a day later the game announced it was his birthday and he aged to an elder! 

Has anyone else experienced this and is this a bug?
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Ambrosia
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 18:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious, did the game add extra days to the age bar?  I'm playing with aging and everything turned off for now, but I have the lifespan set to long.  When my sims consume ambrosia, they get an extra nine days, as the bar reports 54 days to aging, rather than 45.

To answer your question, I haven't seen anything of the sort and am left wandering if you accidentally shift-clicked on the sim, causing the transition.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 19:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't do any sort of clicking on him as the pop up appeared while I was controlling another Sim and I actually quit the game without saving and tried it again and the same exact thing happened again.

I didn't notice if it added more days to his age, I just noticed that the age bar emptied and it said he had like 54 days till elder but I did notice when he did transition that its now saying he is very old, like 156 days which cannot possibly be.  He started as an adult and aged properly.  He did eat several life fruits before the day he ate the ambrosia.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 19:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel for you, there seem to be so many quirks with this game that it is mind numbing.  I'd like to see our Presidente weigh in on the matter.  But for now, I would suggest you reload the game, edit 'hood, choose evict on the fambly tab, select the fambly again from the upper left corner, and place them back into the home.  This seems painless enough, I was recently forced to do the same.  Hopefully, that will fix the problem and if it doesn't, perhaps you could post the lot file, or the sim itself, so the great minds can rummage through it for answers.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 16, 01:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can transition him back to adult (or YA) using shift-click "Edit in CAS" in awesomemod.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 16, 02:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can transition him back to adult (or YA) using shift-click "Edit in CAS" in awesomemod.

In my experience the only downside to this is that if you have more than the normal amount of traits, you'll have to add them all back again since it won't accept anything above the typical age cap.  I've abused it to turn old people young again several times to no ill effect.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 16, 12:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes this is what I did last night.  It did remove all his traits but one though.  But I simply added them back with the addtrait function.  It was just a pain though because I didn't realize that you could do this so I had retired him from his job so I had to do the Shift-Click on the mailbox and put him back into his position.  Also to update his thumbnail pic I had to do "Change Appearance".  But lesson learned!
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 16, 14:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add to this weird aging thing, I just had a sim age from YA to elder. He was younger than his wife who had transitioned to adult about 6 sim days before. I got the popup that it was his birthday and all was normal. He aged, I watched and he had wrinkles and gray hair. I looked at his info and it showed the man with the cane silhouette. 
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 16, 19:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes this is what I did last night.  It did remove all his traits but one though.  But I simply added them back with the addtrait function.  It was just a pain though because I didn't realize that you could do this so I had retired him from his job so I had to do the Shift-Click on the mailbox and put him back into his position.  Also to update his thumbnail pic I had to do "Change Appearance".  But lesson learned!

I edited a sim from an adult to a YA using the mirror <firstname> <lastname> cheat.  It ditched a couple of her traits (taking her down to the number of traits a child would have, weirdly) but it was easy to add them back since I was in CAS.  More interestingly, it replaced all of the perks she'd bought with null markers.
hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 17, 09:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had you already gotten the announcement it was his birthday that day?
The same thing happened to me so I exited the game and had my Sim eat a Life Fruit before eating the Ambrosia so she still had a day left.
After her days were reset to the beginning of Adult she continued to age as normal.

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 17, 13:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had you already gotten the announcement it was his birthday that day?
The same thing happened to me so I exited the game and had my Sim eat a Life Fruit before eating the Ambrosia so she still had a day left.
After her days were reset to the beginning of Adult she continued to age as normal.

No, it hadn't announced it but what you say makes very good sense.  I've since moved way on beyond that point but if it is the day of their birthday i think eating the life fruit first then eating the ambrosia would have worked.  It was obviously the day of his birthday but the system had not announced it.  I've noticed that the game usually announces that their birthday is approaching but it doesn't tell you on the day, unless I am just missing it or I forgot it.

Edit:  Grammar Error
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 18, 02:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I searched for this topic and it does not seem that any of the threads cover this but if I missed one I'm sorry.

I had a Sim I made in CAS but made as an adult.  He married a Sim that had the ability to prepare Ambrosia.  When he was just a day from turning into an elder she prepared the Ambrosia and he ate it.  It reset his bar back to the beginning of the adult stage and I was happy.  Then a day later the game announced it was his birthday and he aged to an elder! 

Has anyone else experienced this and is this a bug?

Yes, the same happened to me.  I had a sim that was getting ready to die.  I had her eat the ambrosia, it reset her to the beginning of her elder days, but Grim came for her that same afternoon while she was at work.  I tried it three times, and he came each time, even though it showed her life-bar at the beginning of the elder stage.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
Ames
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 18, 21:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happen, and found this thread.

I downloaded the awesomemod so I could do the shift+click and edit in cas action to fix, but it seems this option doesn't come up for me. How do I get this option to come with the mod so I can tale my sim back to their age group?

edit:

I did do the configuration to enable the console commands and interactions, and still all I am getting is modify traits and trigger age transition.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 18, 21:08:04 by Ames » Logged
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 18, 21:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did do the configuration to enable the console commands and interactions, and still all I am getting is modify traits and trigger age transition.

For those, you need to ctrl-shift-click.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ames
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 18, 21:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those, you need to ctrl-shift-click.

wow, *facepalm* I was trying shift click, and ctrl click, and even alt click, but never thought to try and COMBINE ctrl and shift, thanks much for that. I feel quite like an idiot for not thinking of that, lol.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: