More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:09:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Corrupted hood - can it be fixed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupted hood - can it be fixed?  (Read 5053 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Corrupted hood - can it be fixed?
« on: 2009 June 15, 07:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently had a crash on startup (which I didn't report in the Awesome mod thread because I hadn't changed my awesome mod version) and the next time I loaded up my game my Riverview looks like I'm running the first corrupted version install of it. I'm getting the funny lot names (although my Sim names seem to be fine) and the hospital seems to have dissapeared.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this hood or do I throw it out the window and start again - oh, hood is one that has had all npc's, sims, etc killed before I started playing but is otherwise set up with default settings.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
Re: Corrupted hood - can it be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 07:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried restoring from the .bak file? 
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 07:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-If your save game is corrupt, go to Documents\Electronic Arts\TS3\Saves, find your save.
-There should be two files, "save.sims3" and "save.sims3.backup"
-Move, rename or delete "save.sims3" I personally rename mine to "saveORIGINAL.sims3" but that's an old habit.
-Rename "save.sims3.backup" to "save.sims3" - ie, just remove the .backup extension.
-Load your game, and try to load the previous save. Crossing your fingers helps.

Tis all I know to do, but it's better than starting over. Can say it has worked for me, and I wasn't able to load up my game at all after a bad crash.

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 07:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou. I will give that a go. It'll take me several Sim days play back, but (like you said) that's much better than loosing the whole hood. I will report back.

edit - interesting. Backup was corrupted too so I went to ditch the hood and start afresh - my Riverview is corrupted. It is once again showing the number soup description rather than the proper blurb. I will un/re-install Riverview and report back.

edit edit  - reinstalling has made Riverview 'normal' once more, but I've deleted the hood that started all these questions just in case.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 08:27:08 by Madame Mim » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 15, 10:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anything was actually wrong with your save files, but that you deleted some critical file that was part of Riverview's datafiles, and you need to reinstall your crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 16, 01:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well, they're all just testing hoods at this stage.

I wonder how I deleted important files. I'm very deliberately leaving Sims3 files alone atm.

Whatever - I say that whatever I did isn't a problem unless I do it again, and if it was something stupid at my end then that's a good thing because it means it's not going to be replicating itself all over Simdom.

Maia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 17, 09:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had this problem a few days ago, Riverview got corrupted and all the other downloaded store items disappeared. In the end I reinstalled my game as nothing else seemed to work. I assumed I'd managed to do it somehow but I've no idea how as I saved and quit my game and shut down the laptop and when I booted it up the next day it was borked, I didn't even use the laptop in the meantime, let alone touch any of the files.

I'm now using Delphy's installer and playing in SV to try to prevent it happening again but might go back to Riverview, as if it is going to keep happening then I'd like to know.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 17, 09:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had some corruption problems. For me, I eventually realised that I had inadvertantly installed Riverview with one of the installers along with everything else, so then there were two conflicting Riverviews causing corruption in both hoods. Removing the package files fixed that, as I had used the evil launcher to install that one previously.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 17, 16:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download a program called Undelete to retreive files that went even further than the recycle bin.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 17, 22:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God, Riverview is one borked piece of shit.  Downloaded the bastard, tried to play it, watched it CTD continuously, noticed that it was nowhere to be found on the main screen after a few CTDs, but the (BLARGH POS) Launcher insisted that it was installed...how wonderfully made of fail.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: