More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:58:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is anyone else having issues with the in-game Voices?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is anyone else having issues with the in-game Voices?  (Read 2793 times)
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Is anyone else having issues with the in-game Voices?
« on: 2009 June 15, 05:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

Just thought I would post this to see if it's everyone and not just me.  I dig the ability to choose the voice and pitch of our sim's voices (although I wish they had some better choices) but I have a problem that occurs with the deeper pitches of the voices. 

In CAS, the audio translates perfectly, but when I choose a deeper voice for my sim the result is a mushy, gravelly, drugged out voice in-game.  It sounds like the killer's altered voice from the movieScream. This seems to occur whenever I have the pitch any lower than about a 3rd of the slider.

So, am I alone here and need to seek out some audio drivers? Or is this a frequent issue amongst the horde?

Thank you for replying.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having issues with the in-game Voices?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 07:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to replicate that problem with no success under normal play conditions.  I also added a bunch-o-crap to the lot, enough to tax my system to where it slowed the game clock a bit as I moved the camera around.  At this point I noticed a bit of distortion in the voice, but still nothing as you describe.  Almost sounds like DSP effect settings on the sound board.  In addition to updated drivers, if you have DSP capablilties, you should check the software settings and maybe disable DSP altogether.  Could be that TS3 doesn't play nice with your particular brand. 
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having issues with the in-game Voices?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 08:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know - Thank you very much - I'll be looking into it!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: