More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:49:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 Released  (Read 105752 times)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3 Released
« Reply #150 on: 2009 August 04, 23:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The use of fruit for cooking seems to go in alphabetical order. When my sims' household ran out of apples, they started using grapes, and then limes for stuff like pancakes. As long as you make sure to have plenty of apples in the fridge, then the fruit-using meals should always use apples.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 August 05, 01:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am making apple pancakes just fine post patch.
I should have known that being able to play for entire 3 weeks (since I own the game) without any real borkiness was bound to lead to some sort of punishment... Seems like the whole family is borked. In the meantime one Sim became unable to write his reports on the computer and then jumping bugs occured all over the place.

Any slim chance to resolve this? Is it possible to really reset a family without losing their family ties to sims in other households? (Might be to greedy to hope their job levels and relationships could be kept too.)

The use of fruit for cooking seems to go in alphabetical order. When my sims' household ran out of apples, they started using grapes, and then limes for stuff like pancakes. As long as you make sure to have plenty of apples in the fridge, then the fruit-using meals should always use apples.
I think they're using the ingredients 1st in quality order then in the order they're stocked. I had Sims make melon and grape and yes even life fruit pancakes when plenty of apples were in the fridge. And Sims always prefer ingredients that are in their personal inventory.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 01:20:29 by Buzzler » Logged
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 August 05, 06:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're using the ingredients 1st in quality order then in the order they're stocked. I had Sims make melon and grape and yes even life fruit pancakes when plenty of apples were in the fridge. And Sims always prefer ingredients that are in their personal inventory.

That's how they do it. I've experimented around. This is what I've determined:
- Use inventory over fridge
- Use higher quality over lower quality
- Use first item of that quality in inventory list (since apples are usually the first fruit grown, they are usually the first fruit in the inventory or fridge, unless you move them or clean them out).

Example:
Inventory order:
Great Flame Fruit
Bad Apple
Perfect Life Fruit
Perfect Watermelon
Sim makes Life Fruit pancakes.

In order to keep the flame fruit bonus on all cooking sims, I make sure they have only a lower-quality flame fruit along with higher quality other fruits. That is if I let them make pancakes at all. Usually I just have them "eat" under the supreme commander.
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 August 05, 08:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,  I had time to play for a long time in a new town with the patch. Still a lot of issues, and some new, as usual.
It did not solve at all the player-created families moving out of the game, making it impossible to play multiple families. This is a major issue, when a sim marries and moves temporarily out of the house he can disappear forever, and if you play him immediately then his former family can move.
After about 24h of game, 25% of my created families disappeared, and some sims moved from their own house to merge with another family.

Worse, I discovered the social need drops VERY quickly after patch.
Some "bad mood" ( sorry, my game is not english and I don't know how it is named) are stuck after their normal expiration time.
As eveyone, a lot more route failure now and some weird graphic glitches with the sims icons on mood change. ( they look like zombies until I quit and restart game)

I did not see newborn babies with a single parent, though, but perhaps I am just lucky.

I don't know for you, it probably depends of the way each one plays but the patch brought more problems than solutions for me. Really not worth installing.

Edit : Good news ! After all the patch works for my gamestyle.
Finally the player-made sims don't disappear. They are moved randomly from a house to another. Only built-in sims are removed from game, but not always, some merge to custom made houses too. It's weird and rather hard to track but the game is now less frustrating. And after about a hundred hours still no monoparental babies appearing randomly.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 05, 11:41:29 by cascaneda » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: