More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:54:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Boss at Science Lab is MIA. Is my sim the boss now?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Boss at Science Lab is MIA. Is my sim the boss now?  (Read 6506 times)
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Boss at Science Lab is MIA. Is my sim the boss now?
« on: 2009 June 15, 01:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim had Judy Bunch for a boss and power leveled with ambitious and workaholic to Mad Scientist in 20 days by asking her for raises and promotions. Right after that she retired, and now my sim has no boss to get early raises from. Does this happen in certain careers when you hit the top? If so, which ones?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Boss at Science Lab is MIA. Is my sim the boss now?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 01:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're at the top of the career track, there is often no character assigned as "boss" because it's you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 01:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like a neat little mirror hack is in order for these cases.  "Give Self Raise."
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 03:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim is at the top of the Political career (Leader of the Free World) and still has a boss. He still gets raises every 2-3 days, but I have to keep throwing fundraising parties to get bigger raises. On average, I get between $40-$85 per hour for a raise each time. Is it typical for you to reach the top of your career and still have a boss? Or is this unique to certain careers?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 15, 03:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some careers still have a boss at the top level, others do not. Define "Has a boss", though. Do you actually have a "Boss" performance metric?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 15, 04:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some careers still have a boss at the top level, others do not. Define "Has a boss", though. Do you actually have a "Boss" performance metric?

No, but Tamara Donner is still listed as my boss. Huh
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 15, 07:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My astronaut no longer has a boss showing in his relationships, but the boss face on his work tab is really red and grumpy. If he's the top dog now, surely the face should be a happy one?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 15, 16:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens when your current boss retires and you get a new boss. You don't meet the new boss until you go to work, so the face goes red and grumpy. You should meet the new boss immediately the next time you go to work, if not, then the next time. Which is pretty harsh for an astronaut. I found I didn't enjoy that career track at all. You don't even go into space. :[ I expected work tones like "Goof off in zero G" and stuff.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 15, 17:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a situation where my sim and his wife were each others bosses. Unfortunately they couldn't ask each other for raises/promotions.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 16, 05:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a situation where my sim and his wife were each others bosses. Unfortunately they couldn't ask each other for raises/promotions.

My sim married her boss, and was able to keep asking for raises until he retired.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 16, 05:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to talk, discuss, joke about work and get the topic started to get the options to ask for raises and promotions. The sims 3 socials are very contextual. Smiley

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 19, 12:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim is at the top of the Political career (Leader of the Free World) and still has a boss. He still gets raises every 2-3 days, but I have to keep throwing fundraising parties to get bigger raises. On average, I get between $40-$85 per hour for a raise each time. Is it typical for you to reach the top of your career and still have a boss? Or is this unique to certain careers?

it is true, it is true! the "company" exists!!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: