More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 00:10:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Securom string found in Process Explorer dump of TheSims3.exe
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Securom string found in Process Explorer dump of TheSims3.exe  (Read 15679 times)
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
Re: Securom string found in Process Explorer dump of TheSims3.exe
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 18, 04:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We know that SecuRom is used in the downloadable version of the program, EA told us so. It is likely that all or most of of the code needed to do perform such a feat is in the executable, it would be unlike any software developer to have multiple versions of a program source, but rather they would do two compilations on the same source with a changed preprocessor variable.

I see no evidence that anything other than a disk check is being done on the retail package. No phone homes, except the expected launcher connections, using an external firewall log to verify that. So far, in memory editing of the program has not been disabled, and the best mods to date depend on subverting a windows function call by using an imposter .dll file.

So while the code is in there (Ragu?), I don't see any evidence that it is actually being called by any functions.
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 18, 12:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Securom on the download version or The disk DRM has any direct hardware access?

Does Direct Hardware Access means RING0 communication?
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 18, 19:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Securom on the download version or The disk DRM has any direct hardware access?

A question; Why are you so obsessed with the SucUrom issue now? That show is not playing currently on the "Horror". You have been told by the best that the disc version of Sims 3 contains an inept version of the so called DRM. Did you have so much fun at the last SucUrom Fight that you want to start another one?

It is time to move onto other issues contained in this not ready for "Prime Time" game.
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 18, 20:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question; Why are you so obsessed with the SucUrom issue now? That show is not playing currently on the "Horror". You have been told by the best that the disc version of Sims 3 contains an inept version of the so called DRM. Did you have so much fun at the last SucUrom Fight that you want to start another one?

It is time to move onto other issues contained in this not ready for "Prime Time" game.

It is still on the Download version of "the Horror", muffinhead.
Mendota
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 18, 22:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is still on the Download version of "the Horror", muffinhead.

Now lets not get into name calling. I know from reading the thread you started and from other sources that SecUrom is on the downloaded version as well as having been on the pre released versions in various forms or another. What are you going to do about SucUrom, no matter where it is? You either take steps to avoid it such as a no CD crack, or you live with it. In the Sims 2, I took steps to avoid it. In the Sims 3 the research indicated that it was a non issue. Pescado himself has said it, what more do you want?
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 19, 01:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If TS3 really does include SecuROM (I have the EA downloader version), it is a really benign version compared to the crap that comes with Spore.

It doesn't even mind me having Process Explorer running, which real versions of SecuROM (the ones that use a Ring0 driver) refuse to work with.

Thanks Jordi.

IT seems we have a decaffeinated Securom here. Moving along. Jordi you have my mail by PM. I will appreciate if you can attach me a Process Explorer dump (both memory and image) Thanks.

Thread is over. At least for me
Rhayden
Retarded Reprobate

WaffleCat's ambassador to the Artichoke Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 19, 04:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost amused by watching you try to be smarter than Pescado. Almost.

What, are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the goddamn Rhayden.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 19, 04:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm incredibly amused by it. And now that Nightmare/SBlade has nothing to take back to the BBS and be their hero for, he's crawled back into his corner.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Nightmare
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 19, 09:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm incredibly amused by it. And now that Nightmare/SBlade has nothing to take back to the BBS and be their hero for, he's crawled back into his corner.

You are a wanker with a very limited scope of view if you think my goal is to surf the BBS and be "a hero", unlike some senator who apparently has no life and spent his time here because every time he goes to the street they make fun of him.

DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 19, 09:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that was mature.

Good job trying to come off as someone of a reasonably intelligent IQ.

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: