More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:37:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Wishes that don't fulfill
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wishes that don't fulfill  (Read 13680 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Wishes that don't fulfill
« on: 2009 June 14, 20:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I've noticed that "paint portrait" doesn't get marked as completed, though I may be Doing It Wrong.  Learn New Composition doesn't seem to trigger when you read sheet music, either.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Wishes that don't fulfill
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 00:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't read the compositions - that completely fucks it up.  Keep them in your Sim's inventory, and when they're at the proper level to learn it, click it and choose Learn Song.  And now that you've read it, I don't believe there's any way to go back and learn the song properly.  I learned the hard way, obviously.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 02:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, it shouldn't even be possible to read them.  Stupid EAxis fail.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 05:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very strange.  Thanks for pointing that out - and yeah, that's definitely Phail on the part of EAxis.

- Gus

Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 15, 11:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFF appears to be broken -- if BFF is retardese for 'best friend'. I have several Sims which are mutually at 100% relationship and the wish still cannot be fulfilled.

BFF is a "best friend forever". I don't know how to get it though, the wish description says "find something in common" or something like that. I've had two teens, one of them (the one that had the wish of being a BFF with the other) discovered the other is also a snob, just like him. No BFF. Haven't tested this fully yet.

The Prima Guide (I know, I know, lies and propaganda...) says "Use the BFF social and stay above 60 in the relationship. This is a teen-only LTR." I have no idea what's a BFF social, never seen it.

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 15, 11:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your relationship is at its maximum with whoever you get an option in the friendly tree to ask to be bff. If the person accepts then the wish is fulfilled.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 15, 12:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFF appears to be broken -- if BFF is retardese for 'best friend'. I have several Sims which are mutually at 100% relationship and the wish still cannot be fulfilled.

There appears to be some magical relationship level called BFF in an xml in gameplaydata.package. It appears alongside things like Old Friend, Ex-husband/Ex-wife, Enemy, Husband/Wife, etc.
Code:
<LTR>
  <Name>Best Friends Forever</Name>
  <MaleName>MaleBFF</MaleName>
  <FemaleName>FemaleBFF</FemaleName>
  <IntendedCommodity1>Friendly</IntendedCommodity1>
  <Group>3</Group>
  <IsPositive>1</IsPositive>
  <IsFriendly>1</IsFriendly>
  <IsRomantic>0</IsRomantic>
  <IsEx>0</IsEx>
  <RelationshipClass>High</RelationshipClass>
  <VisitorPriveleges>3</VisitorPriveleges>
  <VisitLength>6</VisitLength>
  <HowWellWeKnowEachOther>6</HowWellWeKnowEachOther>
  <CareerRating>100</CareerRating>
  <Score>50</Score>
  <Liking>60</Liking>
  <InteractionBits>BFF</InteractionBits>
  <StoryProgressionEntry>60</StoryProgressionEntry>
  <StoryProgressionExit>50</StoryProgressionExit>
  <AutonomyMultiplier>1.3</AutonomyMultiplier>
  <MoodThresholdForAcceptRequest>-20</MoodThresholdForAcceptRequest>
  <MinDefaultLikingFromCAS>80</MinDefaultLikingFromCAS>
  <MaxDefaultLikingFromCAS>90</MaxDefaultLikingFromCAS>
  <Effect>smileyplusfx</Effect>
 </LTR>

I have no idea how to achieve it though.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 15, 12:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your relationship is at its maximum with whoever you get an option in the friendly tree to ask to be bff. If the person accepts then the wish is fulfilled.

What if they happened to become romantic interests before the relationship hit the maximum?

Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 15, 12:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if they happened to become romantic interests before the relationship hit the maximum?

I'm not sure if it will work that way. I think you'd have to ask to be just friends which takes away the romantic interest status. Usually when I see that I just reject that wish as I think its ridiculous to be going backward in relationship status and wonder why the game doesn't recognize that. I usually only see it in teens and if you ask someone else after to be bff then you get some pop-up about betrayal or something which I guess means  you can only have one.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 15, 12:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, apparently a teen will be jealous if its BFF becomes BFF with another sim. Oh god.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 15, 13:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Does this exist for siblings and half-siblings? I have yet to see the option, but all my Sims were related.

I believe it works for siblings because I had two brothers become bff before and for sure I have two cousins who currently are. Its annoying though they keep rolling wishes for it after they already have one like bff hogs.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 16, 15:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish to Paint 5 Masterpieces is broken.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 16, 16:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike most of the similar Wishes, it appears that "Paint X masterpieces" counts from the point where you roll the wish, not the current total.  I've fulfilled it successfully, but I had to paint 5 more masterpieces, not 5 total.

- Gus

EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 16, 16:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, the 'get more muscular' wish never fulfills. Though I think my sims only ever get it when they reach the max their bodies can handle so...
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 16, 16:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a problem in Riverview, but when my sims get a wish to go to a park, there is only ONE park that will fulfull the wish. It's the one in the center. If you go to any park, they will not be happy.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 16, 17:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience, the 'get more muscular' wish never fulfills. Though I think my sims only ever get it when they reach the max their bodies can handle so...

One of my sims fulfilled that when I was first playing the game. But I don't remember how... But I remember it was fulfilled for sure.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 29, 21:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish to read 30 books total is broken. I've tested it on four sims that had the Bookwork trait. Reading 20 books fulfills that wish, and reading 50 books fulfills that wish, but reading 30 books never fulfills the wish to do so. My sims will have read 30 books, and this shows in the Skills Journal, but the wish never gets fulfilled.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 29, 21:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't get Gold Digger LTW to fulfill.  My sim married a rich man.  I killed him.  She sees his ghost every night.  No wish fulfillment has ever occurred.  So far as the game tells me, I've met every requirement of the LTW.  It is...aggravating.

I didn't know there were so many apparently broken wishes though.  Way to beta-test, EAxis.
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 29, 21:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish to Paint 5 Masterpieces is broken.

My elder sim had a wish to paint 15 masterpieces, so I chained her to the easel for the sake of selling paintings after her death. A billion paintings later, I wondered why the wish hadn't been fulfilled. I checked, and she'd painted 31.

The wish to paint any number of masterpieces or brilliant paintings is broken, as far as I can tell.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 29, 21:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wish to paint a brilliant painting has been fulfilled in my game, but not the wish to paint X number of masterpieces.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 29, 22:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only managed to fulfill this wish through using the body sculptor. Which seems far too easy.

As for the painting masterpieces/read 30 books, I've had the same issue, and I'm glad it's not just me.
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 30, 00:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa, same problem with both the daily wishes and lifetime wishes.  Another screw up by EA...Sad  Glad it's not just me being a dumbass...wel it's not ONLY me being a dumbass.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 30, 00:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think BFF is when you know all the person's traits?  I believe I recall getting this fulfilled when my sim learned all the other sim's traits.  I find it hard sometimes to learn them all.  That is one wish I just do not fulfill.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 30, 02:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to actually ask the other sim to be BFF, too. I've only done it once. Stupid 12ness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 30, 22:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike most of the similar Wishes, it appears that "Paint X masterpieces" counts from the point where you roll the wish, not the current total.  I've fulfilled it successfully, but I had to paint 5 more masterpieces, not 5 total.

- Gus

In this instance, my sims started with less than 15 paintings, and ended up with 31, so she definitely painted 15 more. Seems to be an inconsistent bork. Something else may be affecting it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: