More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:26:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Household Member Disappeared
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Household Member Disappeared  (Read 3629 times)
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
New Household Member Disappeared
« on: 2009 June 30, 14:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading about someone's playable returning to their old home to put up a book in the bookshelf but this takes the cake.

I just got one of my spares for the legacy challenge married, and because he was a policeman, he had to be moved into their home before I could move them out. Everything with the wedding went fine, they got married and he moved in with his thumbnail being added to the household, making it 8 persons living there. It even said he brought funds to the household. All of a sudden the go home icon for him appears, which I thought was weird but allowed it cause I wanted to see what would happen.

I followed the stupid, clearly confused man all the way to an empty lot by the beach where he proceeded to disappear and his thumbnail was removed from the household. I checked and he's still in her relationship panel as her husband but I thought the game forced all married couples to live together. I paused it but I'm going to go back to see if I can get him to move in another way.

I guess she's a victim of her husband going for smokes and never returning.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: New Household Member Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 30, 14:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's a feature I'd enjoy. Have you tried resetting the sim?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 30, 14:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar happen with my own versions of the Brokes and Newbies. I married Skip to Brandi, moved him into the Newbie household and continued to play the Brokes Senior. When I swapped over to the Newbie household Skip had done a runner to some ether place. I had Brandi call him up, invite him to move in and try for Dustin - chimes. So I go back to the Brokes until close to Brandi's time and, yep - you guessed it, when I went back to the Newbies again Skip had wandered off. I didn't worry much though because an absent Skip Broke is much more what I'd expect than the doting father type. I lost that hood when I got a 12 error on saving and stupidly tried to save again - which (of course) ruined the ingame backup and I had no other.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 30, 14:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that's a feature I'd enjoy. Have you tried resetting the sim?

I tried resetsim and he hasn't shown up anywhere. He's not on the map as one of her friends, she can't call or invite him over. In edit town it still shows him as one of the family members.

I would hate to have to move them out and then back in to see if he reappears. I could go back to my previous save cause its only been a sim half day but that's annoying. He's like those kidnapped babies just he kidnapped himself.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 30, 14:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you move a Sim (any Sim from a different household or from the bin) into the house and then back out, the missing husband should reappear by the mailbox.  At least, this works for fixing babies and toddlers that disappear in this way.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 30, 14:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you move a Sim (any Sim from a different household or from the bin) into the house and then back out, the missing husband should reappear by the mailbox.  At least, this works for fixing babies and toddlers that disappear in this way.

The only problem with that is that it would add money to the household defeating the purpose of a legacy challenge. I sorted it out by moving him and the wife out by edit town and placing them in their own house and he reappeared there. I never got to give them jobs or anything so they'll probably get destroyed by the story progression but whatever, he annoyed me so much I'd kill him myself.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 30, 16:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem with that is that it would add money to the household defeating the purpose of a legacy challenge.
Familyfunds them back to the right level. I do it every time I move out spawn, as only the most expensive homes in my neighborhood are available now and I don't want to keep merging everyone together.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 30, 19:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved in an unemployed bum to one of my lots, only to discover he had a 36,000 car in his inventory. FamilyFunds fixed that. It's still too easy though, I made a teen girl and her sister move in to a bare lot and within a week she had a two-bedroom home. Have to stop rock-hunting.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: