More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:08:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Installing "anything" has gotten weird
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Installing "anything" has gotten weird  (Read 6620 times)
jpinard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Installing "anything" has gotten weird
« on: 2009 June 28, 21:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what I did, but I hope someone can help me fix it.  I have the purchased version of Sims 3 and everything legal.  I installed a few programs to help make the game better.  Awesome mod (no patch from EA yet), InstallMonkey, and S3PE.

Now when I go to install an object, I double click the file (or download it and it's in the EA launcher), and then it installs.  After it's installed however, I get a second "installing" window that never goes anywhere - stays at 0%.  I manually close that and all is fine.  But it's a terrible pain because I have to install items etc one at a time.  Any idea what might be causing this?  Thanks!
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
Re: Installing "anything" has gotten weird
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 22:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I've gotten the same thing since the patch installed.  I occasionally got it before the patch, as well.  My advice is to use a third-party program to install with, such as Jfade's 3Viewer or Delphy's Sims3Pack Multi Installer.  Installing via the EADM/Launcher is fucking borked in many ways, and it is highly recommended that you do not use it.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 22:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually got this prior to installing the patch, and astonishingly enough it went away after the patch. I have no idea what caused it or what fixed it. (I'm skeptical that EA actually managed to fix very much.) JFade's 3Viewer is a nice little tool, though, I'd recommend just switching to that.

I sing along with elevator music.
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 22:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently had exactly the same problem you described when I tried to install content using the official Launcher, not sure how long that has been the case though as I normally use the 3 viewer.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
jpinard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 23:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the patch yet.  Do you recommend it?
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 29, 01:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher has been acting weird for me, too. Before the patch, once in awhile, I'd go to install something, and the green bar would move a little, then disappear and the item would still be in the launcher, but not installed. I'd try it again, and it would install. But since the patch, it does that way more often and I usually have to try 20 times to successfully install anything. The other thing that happens, is it installs, then the second box that says it's installing gets stuck at 0%, but if I close it, it says it was installed. Either way, it's really annoying. I'm going to give one of the Sims3Pack installers a try.
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 29, 02:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same issues. Oddly enough, they resolved themselves today when I updated Awesomemod. If you're using Delphy's monkey to install Awesomemod, doublecheck the date on your .package file. Even though I was getting the prompt to replace the old version, it wasn't actually working so my Awesomemod was way out of date.
Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 29, 03:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happens to me as well. Every once in a while it resolves itself and starts working.

Sometimes I get a problem where the green bar moves but about half-way through the box disappears and the item was not installed. The second problem is the same as yours: The green bar moves all the way to the end but it always stays at 0%. I have no idea why either.
Roxxy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 29, 03:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it as well. I reinstall the game (purchased one) and now I can't make my hacks/mods to work....oh dear....

I noticed that my non awesome mods no long work either, I guess I expect that the patch would break more than it fixed.

A high post count, proves nothing... your behaviour and actions speak much louder.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 29, 22:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that I have to delete old files before replacing them using the monkeytool. The new files won't overwrite the outdated ones, but I think this is due more to Vista being retarded than it is to anything else.

Edit for clarity and an extra space that didn't need to be there.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 29, 23:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went into my Sims 3 folder in My Docs to delete my cache files and I found a bunch of .MDMP and text files in there. Apparently they have to do with the launcher messing up when installing files. Because I just tried and failed twice to install two patterns before they installed successfully and there are two sets of those files that match the time that I tried to install them. I opened one of the text files and I don't understand what's inside, but it has my system info, build info and exception info.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 30, 07:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have the same problem. I'm using the Sims3Pack Multi installer now...

I saw a relevant thread on the main forums, maybe it may likely not help:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48573.page

More Awesome Sig
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 30, 11:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes you have to try more than once. And sometimes more than twice. Eventually, they will install. I've been doing files 4 at a time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: