More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 20:24:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Maids and bed-making
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maids and bed-making  (Read 5221 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Maids and bed-making
« on: 2009 June 14, 10:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that if a Sim is sleeping in a bed when the maid wants to make the bed, the maid will stand there next to the bed forever, rather than giving up because the bed is in use.  The moment the Sim wakes up and gets out of bed, the maid continues his/her housecleaning routine.  Can anything be done about this?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Maids and bed-making
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 14, 17:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least your maids do something to earn their pay. My Sims seem to have four rotating maids, two female and two male, and because one of the Sims is neat, they often just satnd on the porch, throw out a paper (if I am lucky), and then say they're all done, charge the family $125, and leave. I fired the service, and the family spammed up wants to get maids again. Hire, fire. Spam. Hire, fire.  Cheesy

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 14, 18:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that too. Sometimes they will actually get to do something, but then get stuck and just stand there for hours.

And I thought the butlers in TS2 AL were useless...

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 14, 19:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the objects in House #1 that can be are self-cleaning, but since Nicole moved out no one makes the bed or does the dishes, and they leave books on every available surface. So they have the maid service. One of them will be there until 4 pm, just dicking around and eating cans of soup, which he tends to drop on the floor when he's done cleaning. He does the same thing over at House #2, where nothing is self-cleaning.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 14, 22:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So they have the maid service. One of them will be there until 4 pm, just dicking around and eating cans of soup, which he tends to drop on the floor when he's done cleaning. He does the same thing over at House #2, where nothing is self-cleaning.

Yeah, this new feature of "sometimes the people you hire to do a job will just not fucking bother" is so great.  I could understand missing some things, or not "cleaning until pristine".  That would be modestly realistic.  I've encountered a couple cleaners at other peoples' homes before, and they tended to do the jobs they were hired to do.

An option to cancel the newspaper subscription and get news online would be lovely, at the very least, the first would be.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 14, 22:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this new feature of "sometimes the people you hire to do a job will just not fucking bother" is so great.  I could understand missing some things, or not "cleaning until pristine".  That would be modestly realistic.  I've encountered a couple cleaners at other peoples' homes before, and they tended to do the jobs they were hired to do.

Can we boz all the maids in, kill them off, and see if we get new maids that do their job?? I'm willing to experiment with this.

An option to cancel the newspaper subscription and get news online would be lovely, at the very least, the first would be.

Oh god yes. I'm sick of cleaning up the piles of dead papers. I can do everything else online, why then, do I need a damn paper rotting on my front stoop?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 14, 23:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god yes. I'm sick of cleaning up the piles of dead papers. I can do everything else online, why then, do I need a damn paper rotting on my front stoop?
Robotic Hand of God FTW. Does it for you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 14, 23:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robotic Hand of God FTW. Does it for you.

Thank you so much!! Grin *finally bothers to upgrade to retail and install mods*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: