More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:49:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Help with no townies/sims appearing on community lots please
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help with no townies/sims appearing on community lots please  (Read 5580 times)
motherofseventy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Help with no townies/sims appearing on community lots please
« on: 2009 June 14, 00:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

Part one of my saga can be read here, http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,105361.0.html
Yes, I know I'm an idiot.
I am unable to post today's error log at the moment as I'm away from my own computer but the problem seems to be the same, when visiting a community lot with a sim the only people who are there are servers, no visitors appear and I can't get the thing off triple speed (except when I've used testingcheats).  I had thought that my problem was to do with me using deleteallcharacters but after my attempts to fix that hood failed I deleted it and started another one.  Now I've just reclothed every bloody pre made sim, there's loads of them (thank the gods I didn't have townies and tourists to do) and I don't want to have to do it all again.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I can post the latest error log in the morning, it's 1 am for me just now.  Thanks to all who answer.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Help with no townies/sims appearing on community lots please
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 14, 03:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This problem seems familiar.  Are you fully patched?  Even if you installed several EPs at once, you need to patch them separately, not just the latest one.

Does the problem still occur when you pull your Downloads folder, including hacks?  There might be a conflict there that's leading to the borkedness.  Since it sounds like you've got a "theme" neighborhood, you might have conflicting CC.

Have you tried doing a Search here for community lot borkedness?  You might find something new to try to fix it, or the same borkedness and its solution.

The clean neighborhood templates aren't that hard to install.  I did it myself a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not exactly a programming whiz.  Just download the clean templates, follow the filepaths, backup the old files, and insert the new ones.  If you don't want to do that, a couple of my counterparts with themed neighborhoods have used the Townie Gun to re-clothe the townies into theme-appropriate garb.  Making your own would be just as easy.

motherofseventy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 14, 10:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you DrNerd for your suggestions. 

I only have AL patched, I thought (well, we all know what thought did) that each EP updated any previously needed patches so I will go now and get them all.  I assume this is  a conflict so haven't bothered to take everything out my DL folder but I'd try anything before I'll do the 50/50 - for the millionth time.  I spend most of my time trying to resolve one problem or another.  I'll check the townie gun too, I've never heard of that.

I am including the latest log in case that's of any benefit, if I should have edited the first post instead then I apologise.  I assume that this issue is the reason that no group cache file is generated during the game if I visit a community lot, I only have an accessories cache to  delete.

Thanks again

* ObjectError_N004_t2862.txt (50.62 KB - downloaded 230 times.)
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 14, 21:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, for whatever reason, they stopped making later EPs patch previous EPs.  Lazy EA.

You can subfolder your downloads, if you didn't already know that.  To make finding bad CC a little easier, a lot of us segregate new CC for a few sessions of playing, then move it to the appropriate subfolder once we're sure it's not going to make things go boom.  That way, if the game works Monday, we download on Tuesday, and the game doesn't work on Wednesday, we have a lot less to sort through.  You can even subfolder your subfolders, at least down to three or four layers.  So, I have filepaths like Downloads/Makeup/bruno/Eyeliner, and the content shows up perfectly.

Make sure whatever hacks you have are up-to-date for AL, too.  An outdated hack is an easy fix, and it only takes one for things to go horribly wrong.  Also, I don't know if you have InTeen, aka the Kitten Killer, but if you do, that's the first place to look for problems.  It's notorious for playing very, very badly with other hacks.  Oh, and some TSR content is known to cause terribleness.  I know some stuff from BlackGarden for sure, and possibly some of AnoeskaB's.

I'm not enough of a techie to make sense of the error logs, but someone else might wander by and take a look and have something more useful to say than "Yup, that's an error log, all right."

motherofseventy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 14, 22:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again for the suggestions.  I do sub folder stuff in an effort to keep things under control, I'm sure all my hacks are up to date and I do check their compatabilities, most are from here.  Anyway, it is a hack conflict of some sort because I took some out and I took my sim to a community lot and home again without a hitch (except for her new accessories turning blue when she returned home).  I'm in the process of narrowing it down one by one but if anyone could fathom my problem from the log that would be great.
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 14, 23:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of Pescado's, jfade's, and TwoJeff's hacks play nicely with each other, aside from the Kitten Killer.  If you've got hacks from creators at Mod, or Squinge at InSim, or anyone at TSR, pull those first.  And if you've downloaded any lots from the Exchange without using the Clean Installer, you may have gotten a stealth hack along with it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: