More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:58:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Singing in the shower
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Singing in the shower  (Read 8431 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Singing in the shower
« on: 2009 June 13, 23:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed today that even with ALL sound options turned off (muted), the sound of Sims singing in the shower still comes through.  This happened in my game with both male and female Sims.  Don't know if anything can be done about this or not, but it's annoying.

Karen
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Singing in the shower
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 14, 01:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um. Why don't you just mute your speakers?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 14, 01:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And stop signing your posts.  That might help your sound issues too.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 14, 04:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um. Why don't you just mute your speakers?

I'm sure some people like to listen to things that are not Simnoises when they are playing with their puddings.  Muting speakers would totally throw away the point of listening to death metal during pudding hour, or whatever it is Karen Karen is doing.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 14, 05:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just turn the Sims 3 sound off in the sound mixer on the control panel. This is an interesting bug though. I didn't even know the sims sang in the shower.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 14, 05:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just turn the Sims 3 sound off in the sound mixer on the control panel. This is an interesting bug though. I didn't even know the sims sang in the shower.

"Control Panel" as in TS3 or "control panel" as in MSwhatever?  Cos I'm content to just have low-volumed puddings with my music, but there's really not an option to mute certain programmes in my sound options via the control panel on WinXP, at least not anywhere in the everywhere I've looked.

This isn't even my problem anyway, but it is an interesting bug!  Just like the fact that the shitty music still plays in CAS and Build/Buy even if you mute music!  Woo!  Party-party!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 14, 05:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only noise I take issue with is a random doorbell sound that occurs when your Sim is at home busily skilling or bustling about. It sounds just like the neighbors' default doorbells. I've scrolled to look at the front porch several times.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 14, 05:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's happened to me too, but honestly the music playing when I've muted the gott verdammt music and clashing with what I have on which I actually want to listen to is a bit of a pisser for me.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 14, 06:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only noise I take issue with is a random doorbell sound that occurs when your Sim is at home busily skilling or bustling about. It sounds just like the neighbors' default doorbells. I've scrolled to look at the front porch several times.
I have my pre-set camera angles so that I can always see the front door. I swear, some invisible kid is playing Ding Dong Ditch. It's too loud to be for any neighbors.

I watch tv while I play. The tv is a little louder than the game. I can track both at the same time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 14, 07:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bluesoup - Sorry!  Old habits die hard, and I haven't been around this place in six months or so, so it's taking me a while to re-acclimate myself.

And to everybody else - yes, the reason I bring it up is that I often listen to other things while playing, and it's distracting to have random Sim-noises playing suddenly over the sound of whatever else I've got playing, when I deliberately muted all in-game sounds from the Options panel to prevent it.
McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 14, 13:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

This is completely low level, but it works for me.  It is still only slightly tested, and most interestingly I don't know why it wouldn't work within the game options.  Please use all disclaimers.  It may turn out that changing any setting within the game will overwrite these settings.  It would be nice to have this in a script.  There's probably an easier way, such as console command or command line parameter.

That said:

Change the following settings in your H:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Options.ini

Code:
musiclevel = 0
voicemute = 1
soundfxlevel = 0
musicmute = 1
soundfxmute = 1
voicelevel = 0
ambientmute = 1
ambientlevel = 0

Edit:  Hmm, I haven't been able to recreated the original bug yet.  Maybe this is worthless.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 13:18:50 by McCrea » Logged
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 14, 20:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with guitar playing. All in-game sounds were muted, but my speakers were on so I could listen to iTunes, and sometimes--but not always--the guitar would be audible anyhow. Weird.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 14, 22:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with guitar playing. All in-game sounds were muted, but my speakers were on so I could listen to iTunes, and sometimes--but not always--the guitar would be audible anyhow. Weird.

This and the fact that some guitar songs are really loud compared to the brunt of the rest of them.  Way to go, EAxis, volume balance: you fail it.  Even when I had the sound on (albiet low) the stupid thing was still cranking out notes like it was cranked to 11 every other song or so.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 14, 22:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the car/bus horns, the sound when money is exchanged with the family funds, and every sound effect in Build Mode.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: