More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 22:45:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Adoption/Social Service
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adoption/Social Service  (Read 8130 times)
zachcole
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Adoption/Social Service
« on: 2009 June 12, 17:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So in the sims 2 if a child was taken by the social worker than it couild be adopted later on by a different family.  Is this true with the sims 3?  I want to insert a Sim into a current family and adotion seems to be the way.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Adoption/Social Service
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 12, 17:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried it myself but in another thread someone reported that it does not seem to work in Sims 3 - the child taken was not available through the adoption pool.

If you have Awesomemod installed, however, you can split the baby out of the household and merge them into the new one.  If you don't have awesome mod, you can still do this, but you have to have an adult move with them (but you can then move that adult back out). 

However, this will not reassign the family relationships.  The child will still have the same parents, just living in a different household.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 12, 23:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to recreate some Pleasantview families.  I made Mary-Sue and then got her taken by the social worker.  I then had the Oldie's adopt her....well it was some horrid ugly fat child!!  I did not test it enough to see if Mary-Sue got stuck in behind these other kids like a queue.  But I would not count on adopting a specific child.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 23:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I have seen, kids that are taken get put into other households. I had twins taken by the social worker and found one living with a neighbor just down the street, I found the other one living in a house near the beach. 
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 23:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I have seen, kids that are taken get put into other households. I had twins taken by the social worker and found one living with a neighbor just down the street, I found the other one living in a house near the beach. 

Does this happen with Story Progression off as well?

I sing along with elevator music.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 13, 00:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure. I had it "off" but that was before I had the awesomemod, so it was technically still "on".  I'll try again tonight, now that we can really turn it off.

edit:

OK just tried it with story progression off.  I made 2 toddlers and had them taken away, I was not able to find them. I had another family adopt and they got a new toddler. I tried with kids next and had them taken away.  I called one of them and invited him over then followed him home, he apparently lives in an empty lot, the other kid lives on another empty lot. I guess the toddlers live on an empty lot too. They don't seem to age, I have had it on speed 3 and fast aging and none of the kids that have been taken have grown older yet. They are all still in the relationships panel. I watched the school for a bit and did not see either kid go to school.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 13, 03:40:00 by Trinity » Logged
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 13, 04:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure. I had it "off" but that was before I had the awesomemod, so it was technically still "on".  I'll try again tonight, now that we can really turn it off.

edit:

OK just tried it with story progression off.  I made 2 toddlers and had them taken away, I was not able to find them. I had another family adopt and they got a new toddler. I tried with kids next and had them taken away.  I called one of them and invited him over then followed him home, he apparently lives in an empty lot, the other kid lives on another empty lot. I guess the toddlers live on an empty lot too. They don't seem to age, I have had it on speed 3 and fast aging and none of the kids that have been taken have grown older yet. They are all still in the relationships panel. I watched the school for a bit and did not see either kid go to school.

If you weren't talking about the Sims, all this stalking of children to schools and following them home could really be taken out of context horribly LOL. Tongue

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 13, 08:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you weren't talking about the Sims, all this stalking of children to schools and following them home could really be taken out of context horribly LOL. Tongue

I was thinking the same thing during this "experiment", and when typing my "results". I had my sim going house to house looking into windows, staking out central park and the school ... he really shoulda been arrested!  Tongue

Update: The children have aged and are now adults, they still have no proper home, they can be called and invited over etc. I have still not found the toddlers, they are around, and every now and then they jump to the front of the relationship panel, but I have never seen them. My town is quickly dying with story progression off, aging on fast, and awesomeware installed ... only authorized babies are being born, and I have not authorized any more. No babehz for you!
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 18, 16:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you (or anybody else) already find a way to "beat the system" and get your kids back ?

-le
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 18, 16:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you (or anybody else) already find a way to "beat the system" and get your kids back ?

-le
If they don't lose their family tree than you can just remove them from their current home and put them back in their parent's home.  If you have Awesomeware.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 18, 17:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course I have Awesomware  Grin Grin
And yes...the family tree is still intact.
It seems, I just have to abandon my own standards and RTFM.

Thanks for pointing me int the right direction.

-le
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 18, 17:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who hasn't had a child taken by the social worker? I've had the babies be completely RED and not even a warning.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 18, 18:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who hasn't had a child taken by the social worker? I've had the babies be completely RED and not even a warning.

Nope, I've never had a social worker come for my screaming larvae, either. Or for toddlers left to stew in their cribs while everyone else is too busy to release and feed them.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 18, 19:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only way I was able to get my sims to neglect the baby so badly it got taken away is by walling it in.
Gwennero
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 18, 20:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played a family with seven spawn and I literally ignored them.  I let the older siblings take care of the younger ones.  All the children were constantly in red and I expected them to be taken away by the social worker but they never were.  It has to be seriously difficult to have them removed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: