More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:35:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  How to trigger gardening opportunity? Is there a mod to improve the chance?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to trigger gardening opportunity? Is there a mod to improve the chance?  (Read 7343 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
How to trigger gardening opportunity? Is there a mod to improve the chance?
« on: 2009 June 19, 09:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im going insane waiting for the gardening opportunities to come, is there a mod to improve the chance so a sim can actually get it before he have to eat his 100th meal of ambrosia to stay alive?
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: How to trigger gardening opportunity? Is there a mod to improve the chance?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 20, 12:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow 143 reads and no one has the answer? Sad
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 20, 12:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

im going insane waiting for the gardening opportunities to come, is there a mod to improve the chance so a sim can actually get it before he have to eat his 100th meal of ambrosia to stay alive?

Join the culinary career.  That seems to trigger it, I've found.  Otherwise, just make sure your Sim is getting out in the neighbourhood and interacting with his neighbours.  Meeting people in the neighbourhood is vital to having opportunities come your way.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 20, 17:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have done following:
have over 50 friends in the neighborhood.
joined culinary career twice and reached five-star chef (now still 5 star chef)
invited the boss come to my home every other day, discuss work/gardening/cooking etc etc (starting with Emma, then after she died of old age, another 2 generations of "boss" of the Bisto restaurant)
interacting with other co-workers in the restaurant.
constantly gardening (have harvest 1500 life fruit, over 300 of eggs and cheese)
constantly waiting for phone call to ring and pick up whenever possible to make sure i wont miss any opportunity call
i got some random opportunity but never never the second gardening challenge (for steak plant etc).
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 20, 18:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the AwesomeMod, CTRL-SHIFT click your sim, More.../Opportunities/Trigger opportunity now, or something like that.  If you don't want to "cheat", keep gardening, labourer.

I would recommend strongly against going under ../Opportunities/Skills/Gardening and picking one of the SpecialFood (or whatever they were) ones, as those reset your gardening skill to the minimum required.  I thought I'd be real clever-like and speed up a sim's getting of the omniplant opportunity and wound up needing to bring in perfect steaks with no way to plant steaks.  Top shelf.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 21, 12:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nevermind, i see you have to enable debug interaction... hehe
« Last Edit: 2009 June 21, 12:46:33 by LordHellscream » Logged
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 22, 12:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got the initial "plant eggs and cheese" opportunity after bringing my 3rd Sim up to 10 Gardening.  It's not clear what triggers it beyond luck.  It's certainly not career, because this Sim was my go at farming, he was unemployed and did nothing for money but raise crops.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 22, 13:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running a fambly of 3 sims, all with 10 gardening for ages, all having about 3k harvests each. As of now after 10+ weeks of ingame time, only 2 of them have completed the 3 opportunities, and the last one is still waiting for the omniplant one.
Rough chronology:
Created original fambly with 2 sims
Sim 1 got 10 gardening, planted perfect garden, Sim 2 came in, harvested everything for 3 days and got 10 gardening.
After about 3 weeks of ingame time, both sims got the cheeseplant opportunity within 1 day of each other
Added CAS Sim 3 into the fambly for procreation as premade townies are fuggly, reached 10 gardening using same method as Sim 2. Obtained the cheeseplant opportunity almost immediately (i.e. within 3 days of addition)
Nothing for about 2 weeks, then all 3 sims got the steakplant opportunity within 2 days of each other, in order sim 1,2,3.
Another lull of about 1 week, Sim 1 obtained the Omni Plant opportunity. One week later, Sim 3 obtained Omni Plant as well.
It appears to be completely random, though there may be certain "times" when gardening opportunities are given out.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 22, 14:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the three gardening opportunities have the second highest chance of happening.  Their 'ChanceToGetOnPhone' is 70, ReviveGhost is 75, next highest is only 20, while most are 5 or 10.  Opportunities seem to come every 2 to 4 days, and it randomly selects one out of all opportunities you qualify for with probability based on 'ChanceToGetOnPhone'.  If that's all correct, the quickest way to get the opportunity would be to not have a job or any other skill, therefor massively reducing the possible opportunities you could get.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 01, 17:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I barely get any gardening opportunities at all. I played both a regular sim ans oone cheattest type sim... The regular one keeps on getting cooking career opportunities but very, very few gardening opportunites and overal skill opportunities. This sim is a level 10 in the cooking carrer and has maxed, gardening, fishing and cooking.

The cheatsim has no job and had no friends untill I tried to socialize with people in the hopes that it would trigger the opportunity.... nothing happened. I'm triying to let her be friends with all the people required for the regular cooking skill especially Emma Hatch but it doesn't seem to be doing any good.

I had another sim however with the atheletic trait and she would constantly get athletic skill opportunities. I'll keep the mod thing in mind. I wish there would be a seperate mod to trigger the skill opportunites though since JM's seems to have so many features I'm not really interested in using at this point in time.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 01, 20:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow 143 reads and no one has the answer? Sad

Here is a link to a "More Frequent Opportunities" mod by Rothschild over at Mod The Sims.  I installed it last night and it works with AwesomeMod for me.

http://linna.modthesims.info/d/351390

I have two Sims who had everything but the ability to plant Omni plants and they now both have that as well.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 20:44:31 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 02, 05:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. Well as long as you don't need awesome mod for it to work, I'm ok with it.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: