More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:16:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Narcissa Vatos: Blank Favorites and Perpetual Obesity
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Narcissa Vatos: Blank Favorites and Perpetual Obesity  (Read 13022 times)
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Narcissa Vatos: Blank Favorites and Perpetual Obesity
« on: 2009 June 12, 01:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick back-drop; I'm playing all famblies with aging and other such turned off.  I want to sit back and let storymode roll for awhile but thought I'd at least give all the existing sims mostly the best traits, reach their LTW and have several skills maxed.  Max logic on all of them so that maybe the game engine will produce tutored and trained offspring by time I get back around to each of the households.  Through other households, I've befriended many of the obese sims, invited them over and trained them.  With moderate success too!

So I've reached the DeMayo house, in no particular order.  What I found was that Narcissa has no favorites, see photo. http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/Nimrod_album/NewBitmapImage3.jpg
I've searched MATY exclusively and there are no answers to the string "blank, no, zero favorites".  So...  what say ye?

Aside, this sim gets fat even if she eats nothing but grapes!  She goes to work, comes back fat.  She's Five Star Chef, so I dunno.  Her roommate has the same career and level, yet she doesn't come home fat.  In the photo, she's gained weight just from sleeping!  She ran many miles the night before and was rail skinny.  This is a recurring problem and I can only guess that "natural cook" or a combination with other traits is producing this effect.  I had noticed that once she was trained elsewhere, a few days later her obesity had returned.  Other sims with the "natural cook" trait haven't exibited this flaw, as of yet at least. I'm curious if anyone has noticed this situation with their sims?
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Narcissa Vatos: Blank Favorites and Perpetual Obesity
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 12, 03:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-favorites thing is weird, but fat sims who lose weight tend to gain it quickly, just as thin sims who gain weight tend to lose it quickly: the game works to keep sims at their "natural" body weight.  It's surprisingly realistic.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 12, 03:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if violating the law of conservation of mass qualifies as realistic. You'd think they'd at least wait until you can't see them to abstract in their tendency to be fatasses. Unfortunately, the game is fighting against two distinct issues: 1. The desire of players to have sims remain as they were made, and 2. The desire for players to have an effect on the system. These issues sort of conflict with each other to produce the situation we have now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 13:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found it a pain to get my Sims slim, and stay slim. And it seems more than just overeating or what have you, because sometimes it will only take one meal to turn them from skinny back to fat.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 13:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-favorites thing is weird, but fat sims who lose weight tend to gain it quickly, just as thin sims who gain weight tend to lose it quickly: the game works to keep sims at their "natural" body weight.  It's surprisingly realistic.

I like how realistic it is. I always hated that my fat sims could become skinny and stay that way after only one session on the bike. If being slim was that easy in real life there would be very few overweight people.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 15:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was watching my Sim play chess in the park and Judy Bunch started to watch. I had cancelled the chess match and Judy all of a sudden got skinny and then proceeded to pop out fat again.  It must be a glitch,but it was really weird.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 12, 16:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I'm having great fun with this game is making truly fat and 'husky' sims. Not just skinny sims with a fat gut. I have made zero attempt to make my fat and husky sims slim down or exercise... I suppose the one conundrum I haven't tried, I should - a husky or fat sim who is also muscular...then they should be able to exercise and stay fat, right?

I am also enjoying making truly mean and evil sims. Can't figure that one out...but, could just be that I got tired of 2 being pretty much all 'nice-nice'...although so far, even my mean and evil sims in this one aren't all that bad...although my evil teen now wants to steal candy from a baby...I think I'll try to fulfill that wish if it's still there when I turn the game on today.

I haven't played the 'townies' at all. not my thing. But, I have had one my CAS made teen sims darn near fail high school. He got a really lousy trait when he grew up, Although, I don't consider that to be that big of a deal - kinda more of a challenge to play a 'loser' sim...

Just thought of something - could the 'favorites' have been added as a late addition to the game? And this sim was created and installed in the town prior to their creation, hence she's not got any?  And does it really matter? I've had my sims eat their favorite food and I don't remember there being anything wonderful that happened from that experience. I don't know about the music thing - I've not let any of them have a stereo/radio yet - I'm such a mean goddess. And I've not noticed anything regarding the color - not people wearing it or things decorated with it.

Domino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 12, 16:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sewinglady, I was under the impression that music/colour favourites have no effect except upon how you interact with other sims (I think if you have similar favourites, the "Get to know" social improves the relationship more? Though I'm not sure.) The only noticable thing I saw with food favourites was that my sim chose to make his favourite food, autumn salad, more, though that may have been coincidence.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 12, 16:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to bet 'coinkydink'... for two reasons - they come into the game already knowing how to make autumn salad and they don't burn the house down while making it.

Really funny thing re that particular simdish is that I have this very good salad recipe - calls for apples/mandarin oranges/etc. over a bed of 'spring mix' greens...We don't call it 'autumn salad'. I'm not sure it ever had a name - in our family it's the ooh, company's coming for dinner salad.

And there you have it, I realized yesterday, that my poor simmies get stuck living the same kind of life I lead - lonely and boring...I've got to get them out to meet other sims more often...

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 12, 16:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'll tell you what their favorite color is in the "get to know" conversation and they will cook and eat their favorite food more if it's available and they know how. There's also a wish to 'cook *soandso's* favorite food. I haven't noticed anything at all with music, but I pay little attention to the stereos and probably not much to the music conversation.

Unsouper
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 12, 16:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When they eat their favorite food, they clap their hands and squeal.  This doesn't appear to affect overall mood, however.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 12, 17:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moodlet for music is worth more if it is the favorite music of the sim (20 instead of 10 if I remember clearly).
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 12, 20:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, and they'll flip to their favourite music station more often when they randomly decide to turn on the radio.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 12, 21:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-favorites thing is weird, but fat sims who lose weight tend to gain it quickly, just as thin sims who gain weight tend to lose it quickly: the game works to keep sims at their "natural" body weight.  It's surprisingly realistic.
I've seen that trend in earlier, getting-to-know-the-game famblies.  Thanks trialware! (no worries, I paid admission fees for the releasable beta and feel I've already had my monies worth in terms of entertainment value).  As per my experience, the sims with metabolism such as you speak were always the ones with the "fast metabolism" reward.  The fat sims would lose the weight rapidly, but then gain it back quickly.  However, the originally thin sims would gain as quickly as they lost as well!  This must be because of the afore mentioned reward, so it seems.  They weren't up and down the weight scale like that before the reward was obtained.  Yet, this isn't the problem here.  It's as if this particular sim is coded somehow to be fat, no matter what.  Once she was loaded and cardioed and strength trained for a few minutes, she earned all athletic benefits becuase of all the trianing she had done elsewhere.  Realistically, if a person who trains that much eats a vine of grapes and they do not get stuffed, or anywhere near full, then that person is not going to suddenly gain weight (regardless of their genetic disposition).  This sim must, literally, just think of food and get fat!  If the sim were over-eating, then I would think nothing of this particular situation.  

I'm not sure if violating the law of conservation of mass qualifies as realistic. You'd think they'd at least wait until you can't see them to abstract in their tendency to be fatasses. Unfortunately, the game is fighting against two distinct issues: 1. The desire of players to have sims remain as they were made, and 2. The desire for players to have an effect on the system. These issues sort of conflict with each other to produce the situation we have now.
Okay, except I have no problem with the sims evolving into who they really are.  heh.  Again, if the sim were over-eating, I'd have no issue, which is why I think the problem could be in mucked up code, hardcoded fatness within the engine or maybe just a random glitch personal to me.  Satisfying inquiries seems to be among rare commodities these days...

The moodlet for music is worth more if it is the favorite music of the sim (20 instead of 10 if I remember clearly).
Exactly, and believe me, that small amount of extra mood points sometimes means the difference between the reward points automatically accumulating, or not.

*Update.  So the stupid twit finally shows her flaw.  A roomie had her second party during which I witnessed this sim eating plate after plate of various foods.  Has anyone witnessed the AI overfeeding their sims in this manner?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 13, 02:32:19 by Nimrod » Logged
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 13, 02:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My once fat (now fit, because she's in the sports career) was eating watermelon from her inventory when her hunger bar was full. The only other time I saw it happen was with birthday cakes, when every sim around at the time decides to eat cake regardless of how full they are.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 13, 03:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cakes.  Noted, thanks. 

So the party is over and it's the next day.  Funny thing is that the sim is the same size on this particular morning, after seven plates full of food on top of max hunger motive.  Also, one of the roomies ate two plates on top of the full hunger motive, so maybe it was just the party.  Or, maybe this sim/lot is corrupt...  Angry 
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 13, 03:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes the cake, they always seem to flock for it hungry or not.  Roll Eyes  I have noticed my insane gardener sim eating stuff from his inventory when he is not hungry and has nothing else to do, he seems to really like garlic which also gives the bad breath moodlet, and he'll eat piece after piece of it, until I stop him. The first time I got a flame fruit was when he was fishing, he ate it before I could have him plant it.  I also noticed that when a sim "calls guests/everyone/house to eat" that even sims who just grabbed a plate will eat what they took and grab another plate.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 15, 16:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just an update.  After reading about public woohoo in the rabbit holes, I had this sim and Christopher Steel running around checking it out.  Eventually, the "let's-move-in-together-'cause-we're-made-one-another" offer pops up.  After accepting, switching households, setting things up and adding an extra "athletic" trait to Narcissa (in hopes that she would at least refrain from becoming Shamu Jr.), the happy couple are keeping themselves in shape without intervention and while away at other households.  The dude was chubby when he made the offer, as was she, so I thought okay, nice happy fat couple, what's the harm?  I swear, it's as if this game has some type of brainwave sensor programming that gives you exactly opposite of what you're willing to settle for.

Edit:  Forgot to mention also, that the move did nothing for the missing favorites.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 17:03:24 by Nimrod » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 15, 17:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that the Sims I actually play do not gain weight like so many townies do.  I'm wondering if it's because townies eat out more, or if it's because they're unfulfilled, or maybe both.

Example: In one version of Sunset Valley, an unplayed Mortimer Goth became quite chunky.  In another version, where I played the Goth family almost exclusively, he stayed quite trim though I did not make him exercise or anything.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: