More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:57:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that moves?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that moves?  (Read 12378 times)
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that moves?
« on: 2009 June 11, 11:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno why but my sims seem to be over active when it comes to flirting.

Turned the free will to highest (default) and sims always flirt with each other, as long as their relationship is close enough, maybe even a bit lower than becoming "friends".

It's kinda annoying as the couple I am playing keep doing romantic actions (and be flirted as well) to the new friends they meet. And the couple's relationship keep dropping whenever I wasn't watching.

Guess I could go hunt for no jealousy mod. But then I'd prefer them having a more rational behavior - NOT flirting with anything that moves.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that moves?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 13:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my 'hood, either they don't know each other well, they hate each other, or they don't care.  I have seen no extracurricular flirting, and when my sim (single, poor, diner clean up worker) tries to hit on anyone, the message pops up that the other sim is in far too bad a mood to bother right now.

We are not headed for a population explosion.  I can see that.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that moves?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 11, 13:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsurprisingly, Don Lothario in Riverview flirts with anything that moves.  Male or female.  And apparently if you have a "love" with someone and they flirt with someone else, you wind up mad at THE OTHER PERSON.  But only in the "Lose friendship with them until you apologize to them" kind of way. 
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 11, 14:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I guess I hit a new low.
One of my sims even tried to flirt with his enemy, right after he was slapped.

Don't think that even makes sense.
I am getting a no jealousy mod.
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 11, 14:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Insane trait, maybe?

It could be a mod that's having a conflict too, or just bad scripting by EAxis
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 11, 15:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish my sims would do some autonomous flirting.

We are not headed for a population explosion.  I can see that.

Word. I've got a town full of elders because no one's getting it on.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 11, 15:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed my Sims flirting with anyone other than their partner, except for Bella, who is flirty.  Bella flirted with the ghost of Mortimer's grandfather, tsk!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 11, 16:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For my teens, I've never seen two townie teens independently flirting. Once they are boyfriend/girlfriend, though, it's on. Trevor and Cristal will not keep their hands off each other. They remind me of a three-bolt couple on ACR. For adults, my adults spend all of three seconds as boyfriend/girlfriend. Then, perhaps one or two days just engaged. I've never noticed my taken adults initiating any flirtatious actions. I have seen others try to initiate with them. They are always rebuffed, and the initiator has always seemed to be someone with the insane or inappropriate trait.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 11, 16:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of Sims having babies with others that technically don't have a high enough relationship.  Nobody has gotten married on their own.  I went to Mortimer's house to get him together with Bella and saw her boy friend was Malcolm Landgrabb.  I went over to her and she had two children with him but never got married.  She had a way higher relationship with Mortimer but never had any options for romance.  I swear this time around I'm going to get rid of the grumpy trait.  It is death to relationships.  Whenever Gunther socializes at work, his performance goes down, eventhough he has high charisma.  I don't see any inappropriate flirting, though there was a gossip that somebody was cheating.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 11, 17:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame the Inappropriate trait; my selfsim once stood up and smooched her nephew-in-law, then proceeded to wash the dishes like nothing were happened.
It creeped me out massively; I realize they weren't blood-related, but she was an elder and he just transitioned to YA. Gross  Tongue.

I will never give that trait to my selfsim anymore. Ew.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 11, 17:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I blame the Inappropriate trait; my selfsim once stood up and smooched her nephew-in-law, then proceeded to wash the dishes like nothing had happened.

There you go - fixed.  Smiley

It creeped me out massively; I realize they weren't blood-related, but she was an elder and he just transitioned to YA. Gross  Tongue.

I will never give that trait to my selfsim anymore. Ew.

Considering the above statement, I don't think "inappropriate" fits you that well, so likely a good call there.

Also, I think a part of the problem with my game is that story progression is off.  I will try turning it on and see if some sims actually get down and start something.  My playable is, of course, hopeless.  I gave simjolrei the "heavy sleeper" trait, which was probably a mistake.  Neat is also wrong - he keeps insisting on making beds and washing his hands incessantly.  I will have to modify.  There are other aspects of personality that could better be exaggerated by the game.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 02:54:52 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
Alorana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 11, 17:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims just would not flirt with one another when on high free will.  I have a house with six adults, three male and three female, all good friends and/or old friends now, but nothing more.  Two of them are even hopeless romantics.  I had to eventually cave and use the hand of god to get a little flirtation going.  I was beginning to wonder if they actually could autonomously take that next step in their relationships.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 11, 17:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I think a part of the problem with my game is that story progression is off.  I will try turning it on and see if some sims actually get down and start something.  My playable is, of course, hopeless.  I gave simjolrei the "heavy sleeper" trait, which was probably a mistake.  Neat is also wrong - he keeps insisting on making beds and washing his hands incessantly.  I will have to modify.  There are other aspects of personality that could better be exaggerated by the game.

I had turned parthenogenesis off (and story progression on) and discovered that my town was rapidly becoming a senior citizens retreat.  Every now and then a couple would autonomously wed and spawn, but it was rare.  I ended up turning parthenogenesis back on.  If I played the other families and saw to their marriage and spawning, it would be one thing, but since I tend to stick to just one or two families, no-parth doesn't work.  I'd rather have one-parent town-spawn than no spawn at all.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that mo
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 11, 17:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have parthenogenesis off and slowly (possibly because I have lifespan set to epic?) the nonactives are starting to spawn.  I wonder if there isn't some sort of population control going on; I had 3 Sims die in a Sim week, and in the following 2 weeks the paper reported 1 new family, a new marriage and two new babies.  However, the preceding 6 weeks or so had been completely devoid of any Story Progression activity.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 11, 17:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...since I tend to stick to just one or two families, no-parth doesn't work.  I'd rather have one-parent town-spawn than no spawn at all.

Hmmm.  I suppose it might have been expected that we would get a game that allowed parthenogenesis, but did not realistically incorporate 2-parent spawning for townies.  I suppose they'll issue a patch, which will fix this, so that they can break it again in the first EP.  Parthenogenesis could be the new piano.  I think I'll wait to turn on parthenogenesis until my sim has found a mate.  No point in socializing some likely female sim if she's just going to up and spout randomspawn all the time.

Also, I need to get my sim to read the paper more, just to find out what's going on in the social calendar of my hood.

Tribulatio proxima est
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Is it only my sims, or they all actually like to flirt with anything that mo
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 11, 18:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have story progression on and autonomy set high, and I get very few inter-townie marriages. I was getting tons of clone spawn before I turned off parthenogenesis. Now that I've got parthenogenesis off, the partnerless Sims are adopting spawn from nowhere.  Roll Eyes
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 11, 18:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing Riverview for a few days now and noticed that independent relationships are much rarer than they were in Sunset Valley. So far the only changes in relationships I've noticed are the ones I broke up!

Also: as flawed as the jealousy thing may be, when I had my sims break up Yuri and his wife, both the wife and the kids had my sim as nemesis. At least that seems a bit more realistic!
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 11, 18:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see any inappropriate flirting, though there was a gossip that somebody was cheating.

Does gossip actually make it around the neighborhood now?

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 11, 19:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does gossip actually make it around the neighborhood now?

It does! I've noticed very little gossip which I did not create- beyond of course 'X is rich!' or 'Y is broke! Laugh at their pathetic life choices!'. Though I have gotten some incest and cheating ones which I did not cause, though the break-up gossip seems to only reflect my nefarious actions.

Gossip also seems to exclude anything relating to job-action, kleptomania, or other good produced (books, paintings and produce); though I could be mistaken, but I have not noticed any of those topics come up.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 11, 19:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gossip is so weak in TS3.  99% of time, it's "Did you hear so-and-so is rich?  I never would have guessed!"  The biggest problem with that is the game seems to have an extremely low threshhold for who is considered rich - I think just about every Sim's name has come up.

Worse is "Word is that Sim A was flirting with Sim B."  Not very salacious when Sim A is in a committed relationship with Sim B.  Or "Sim Soandso has a dark secret", but when I have Sim Soandso reveal her secret to someone, it apparently has something to do with cooking.  Oh, you deviant, you.

Also, when I was doing genetics testing in an empty hood, my Sims, who had never met any of their neighbors, managed to gossip about how rich Mortimer Goth is, just moments out of CAS.  (I specifically tested this to see if it would be the case).  

To answer the post just above mine - gossip will occasionally mention someone being promoted.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
lzimbu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 11, 19:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is such a thing?!!? where?!!
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 11, 20:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims do not flirt autonomously, and I even when I beat them they seem reluctant.  By the time they're able to marry their loves have turned into elders.

It is actually a bit annoying, trying to find them appropriate mates.

At least the sim with the "flirty" trait gets some actions to use without having to spend months wooing platonically...

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 11, 21:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one sim who was set up like a romance sim.  He was married and I was playing another family and saw someone gossip that Herb Oldie was flirting with this chick.  When I went to Herb Oldie's house he had a love interest of a single mom down the street.

That's the only time I ever saw that.  I will have to double check what his traits were.  I believe they were handy, flirty, schmoozer, I forget the other 2.   I haven't gotten the love interest with Herb to see if they do anything else yet.  I have had sims flirt with my married sims, but they always decline the flirt.

I have played this game since the leaked and I have not had one spontaneous marriage ever.
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 12, 02:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is such a thing?!!? where?!!

Well let's name them Sim A1, Sim A2, and Sim B. and it's a love triangle. LOL

A1 and A2 is a couple, and I only control them.
Then I actively made A1 flirt with B. So A2 became enemy with B.
A1 and A2 got their relationship seriously dropping.

Once 3 of them were on the same spot. I tried to make A2 start insulting B. Then B auto slapped back.
But then A2 auto flirted with B!!
(Of course B didn't accept that. And this action made A1 lose his relationship with B too.)

I was totally like WTF?!
Besides this love triangle, I sometimes switch households, and found some non-flirty, non-commitment issue, non-hopeless romantic sims having multiple romantic interests too...
I created those sims and put them in the neighborhood. So they don't have any preset relationships to start with.

I mean I like seeing sims building up different relationships on their own. But not like this!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: