More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 04:56:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No chess match
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No chess match  (Read 18071 times)
McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: No chess match
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 14, 08:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the XML file S3_03B33DDF_00000000_506A9A7E2BB5930C_PlayChessWith_ChessTable%%+UNKN it says:
Which means that Children cannot Challenge <Sim> To A Game of Chess.

I've attached a package file. If anyone is interested, could they test it out to see if it indeed enables Children to Challenge a Sim?

Yes, I'm interested.  I'm rewording, although I concur that "Challenge" is key.  A child was already able to "Play Chess With... / Thad Guy", but a child could not "Challenge Thad Guy to a game of Chess".

Your mod seems to fix it.  Indeed, I have the picture, but I need to reinstall graphic app to fix the bloody gamma.  I want to do more testing.  [Against my previous outline, Jared Frio was already at Central Park.  That's new for me.]

Thank you.  Hopefully I'll be able to soon move onto the "whether it should be fixed" topic.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 14, 08:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay McCrea there is no need to be so irate and rude. If you had a problem then why not pm me? Regarding your post about what you had done, to be honest, I took it with a grain of salt as you are a relatively new member to MATY. Check out the Amoire of Invincibility for examples of substantial amounts of noobs who still can't get the AwesomeMod to install even though they have tried 'everything'.

I was fairly sure that I had managed to get a child to win ranked competitions as I had my sim up high in the rankings while she was still a teenager - something that is fairly arduous given the number of actual matches that have to take place. I had posted quickly and then needed to get home to my pc before I double-checked with another child. As for providing proof, I hardly think that is necessary as if Zucabr states it cannot be done with the current code, then it cannot be done.

Mea maxima culpa for posting without being at home.
McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 14, 09:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay McCrea there is no need to be so irate and rude. If you had a problem then why not pm me? Regarding your post about what you had done, to be honest, I took it with a grain of salt as you are a relatively new member to MATY. Check out the Amoire of Invincibility for examples of substantial amounts of noobs who still can't get the AwesomeMod to install even though they have tried 'everything'.

I am old enough to accept that which I cannot change.  Please accept that I had no choice other than to be irate.  The fact would be that I did not PM you because that IS my idea of anger management:  wait until the fire dies.  Not to mention it was barely anything personal... seems like you were at least the third person to miss the mark.

As you are correct that I am a new poster.  Please recognize that I did take the time to construct my statements.  I am certain that if I was familiar here, my reply probably would have been no more than two much more direct commands.  Likewise, I wanted to respect that you have posted significantly more than I have.  I spent the next day ensuring I was not the one in error.

Yes, the noobs are in great numbers. Nonetheless, I did post here at MATY expecting expertise and excellence.  Sorry to chaff you, vilia.  However, it is sweet that my "tirade" did finally and swiftly bring results.

Peace out.

Above shows "missing" challenge button.

Below shows post-ranked message.

Zucabr's work on this matter continues to pass my tests.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 10:06:28 by McCrea » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 14, 11:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the XML file S3_03B33DDF_00000000_506A9A7E2BB5930C_PlayChessWith_ChessTable%%+UNKN it says:
<code snipped>
So Children can Play Chess... but!
In S3_03B33DDF_00000000_CC9223D663E67120_ChallengeSimToGameOfChess_ChessTable%%+UNKN it says:
<code snipped>
Which means that Children cannot Challenge <Sim> To A Game of Chess.
I've attached a package file. If anyone is interested, could they test it out to see if it indeed enables Children to Challenge a Sim? Possible side effects include the game not recognizing it as a sanctioned ranked chess match, or animation distortions.

Thanks Zucabr for finding the code that confirmed what I was seeing happening.  Also, thanks for the fix.

*Struggles to think of something to keep this post from being moved to the Thanks, This is Great thread.*   Maybe I should take a swipe at all the sanctimonious smug people who claimed they had a non-existent option in their game, and who were posting that anyone who didn't have the option just needed to try doing it the right way.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 14, 12:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or perhaps you could let the matter rest and just be content that there is a work-around? Unless of course that was a veiled reference to my latin.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 14, 22:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For someone who has so many posts vilia, I'm surprised that your skin isn't thick enough to resist McCrea's mild irritation.  You should know by now that it's not all about you.  I'm sure you regret your mistake, but it's frankly hypocritical of you to suspect someone else's account of what happens in his game, while you excuse your own oversight.  It's not as though MATY would have ground to a halt if you didn't post right at that moment, instead of waiting until you were sure.

If McCrea had followed your advice to PM you instead of posting, he might never have gotten the attention of Zucabr.*  Did you forget where you were posting?  His post was almost courtly by MATY standards.  You were out of line suggesting that he should go to PM.  At MATY poking is done out in the open.

Zucabr's work on this matter continues to pass my tests.

Can anyone confirm whether wishes are also fulfilled?

*Thank you for this fix.  And McCrea, thank you for pursuing this to a productive end.
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 15, 01:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Child wishes are fulfilled using Zucabr's mod which my child genius sim is very thankful for. She just rolled the wish and defeated her second opponent. She will likely finish her Chess Legend LTW before she is a YA.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: