More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:37:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Pudding Plots
| | | |-+  Whale Mart -- Swallow the rabbit holes whole!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Whale Mart -- Swallow the rabbit holes whole!  (Read 16498 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Whale Mart -- Swallow the rabbit holes whole!
« on: 2009 June 11, 07:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm one of those people who believe that if the square peg does not fit into the round hole, you simply aren't using enough force. Consider a better, heavier hammer! So, after accidentally reinventing the wheel, I finally managed to build something that can hide both the grocery store and the bookstore, while still having the entrance doors visible with walls up as when the sims first reach the lot. Everything but the entrances are covered by the outer shell, made up of a raised foundation plus a SINGLE STORY on top. While I chose to turn this lot into a big box store, it could also be used as a template for builders who want to give the default buildings a different look with an outer shell. Size: 60x60.

ELLATRUE SMASH!

The view with walls down:

This lot requires Riverview. I have no idea whether it will work without Riverview, so let me know what happens if you decide to try it.

Get it here:
http://ellatorture.moreawesomethanyou.com:8080/other/Whalemart/Whale%20Mart.Sims3Pack

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Whale Mart -- Swallow the rabbit holes whole!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 08:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said as soon as I saw Riverview I said that theres NO WAY I am going to have buildings in there that are identical to Sunset Valley. Absolutely no way. I'll probably try this later on tonight.
Until we get new rabbit-hole meshes, this type of thing will have to do, otherwise we are faced with the spectre of having to re-use the buildings from Sunset Valley! This cannot be allowed to happen! And will not happen!

I downloaded the "stadio" stadium from the exchange, but alas it wasn't tall enough to hide the rabbit-hole building, so it has merely gone next to it.  Sad
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 11, 09:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why the best rabbit hole meshes would be the smallest possible cubes with doors, so we're able to fit them inside our own buildings.
mibsywibsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 11, 10:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ella: Thanks, this is great! Cheesy Seriously awesome work.

In re: modded rabbitholes themselves, as far as I can tell, both the terrains (.SC4 equivalents) and rabbithole buildings themselves are straightup ripoffs from Sim City Societies. Riverview adds new skins for some of them, so it may yet be possible to have custom ones? I know they talked up a huge deal about SCS being moddable through C#/XML, and they were supposed to add building modding tools at some point. Hopefully they'll actually follow through on it, once the relationship between SCS files and TS3 files is figured out (or whatever EAxian voodoo the former is pickled in to turn them into the latter).

Of course knowing EA, once we do finally get rabbitholes they'll use it as an excuse to not give us non-rabbithole restaurants and shops in the OFB expansion, just more "missions" and boring crap to stare at for hours while our Sims "run their own businesses".

AVAST YE NERDS
johnboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 21:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why. when I try to download this, this is what I get?

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://ellatorture.moreawesomethanyou.com:8080/other/W...

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 23:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your browser probably doesn't recognize the MIME type as a binary (and automatically download binary files). Try right-click -> Save as or something like that.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
johnboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 13, 13:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your browser probably doesn't recognize the MIME type as a binary (and automatically download binary files). Try right-click -> Save as or something like that.

Thank you, that did the trick.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 October 13, 13:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated the Whale Mart to include the spa as well. Download here:

http://ellatorture.moreawesomethanyou.com:8080/other/HatchetFalls/Whale%20Mart%7B1%7D.rar

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: