More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 02:23:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  what to do with these tombstones?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what to do with these tombstones?  (Read 11052 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
what to do with these tombstones?
« on: 2009 June 11, 04:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm on my 8th generation in a family. At night my sims house is a ghost rave party. I could throw them all into a sims inventory but they'll just get in the way.

Is it possible to drop them off at the cemetary, or will I have to bring them back to life at the science facility and move them all out?

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: what to do with these tombstones?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 05:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can drop all the tombstones in the graveyard and get rid of the buggers once and for all. If you want ghosts, you'll go to there and enjoy the show.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 11, 11:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At night my sims house is a ghost rave party.

*Snickers*

All I can think of is Michael Jackson dancing with zombies.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 22:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The household inventory seems a great alternative to cramming graveyards full of tombstones.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 22:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also dump tombstones in the mausoleum at the graveyard, which is like a storage shed for them.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 23:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also dump tombstones in the mausoleum at the graveyard, which is like a storage shed for them.
Wow, I missed that option.  Can you confirm if those dumped into the mausoleum are retrievable?  I kind of deduct this as true from your qualifier "storage shed" but still, just askin'.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 12, 23:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you revive them at the science lab?  I've gone there with the urn in inventory (and I tried it with the urn at home) but I don't get the option to revive at the science lab.  Do you take the tour?  I tried that.  Do I have to join the science career?  That's difficult to do, considering how high up the career ladder my Sim is elsewhere.  Is a high relationship level required?  I have best friends status with the ghost.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 12, 23:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you revive them at the science lab?

It's an Opportunity that pops up when you have someone dead with the tombstone around (I never tried with the tombstone in inventory, though). If you accept the opportunity, then the option is unlocked.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 13, 00:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you revive them at the science lab?  I've gone there with the urn in inventory (and I tried it with the urn at home) but I don't get the option to revive at the science lab.  Do you take the tour?  I tried that.  Do I have to join the science career?  That's difficult to do, considering how high up the career ladder my Sim is elsewhere.  Is a high relationship level required?  I have best friends status with the ghost.

Adding to Marhis' answer, in my experience, any sim from the household must first see a ghost, any ghost.  Upon seeing said ghost, the opportunity will usually present itself.  Also, the urn/stone can be in both sim and household inventories.  Not yet sure about the graveyard.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 13, 02:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm getting frustrated with it.  The family I was playing (Roomies) ran out of room after they had enough children to bring it up to a family of eight.  I figured that would prevent the family from ever getting the option.  So I moved it to the cemetary, and switched families to that of his girlfriend.  I moved the tombstone back to her place and have been playing her, trying to get him revived.  After that, I was planning on going back to the Roomies.  Unfortunately, I've been playing her for about ten sim days without an opportunity arising.  In that time, she had her first kiss with him, her first romance.  (She's a Hopeless Romantic.)  She has been on tours of the science lab, the mausoleum, and to the catacombs twice, mauled by bears both times.  Now she is just days from turning elder, and the kids in the Roomies family have all transitioned up at least once.  So my plan doesn't seem to have worked.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 13, 02:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may, however, try another option in the graveyard, just for fun; I have just found out that you can woohoo inside the Mausoleum. For an Hopeless Romantic it would be priceless  Grin.

------
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 13, 04:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may, however, try another option in the graveyard, just for fun; I have just found out that you can woohoo inside the Mausoleum. For an Hopeless Romantic it would be priceless  Grin.

I couldn't wait to see this for myself!  I only had the option to makeout, but there were hearts falling all around the mausoleum.  The sim didn't get rewarded for wanting woohoo either, so was there an actual woohoo option for you?   In anycase check this pic, dude walks out nekkid!

DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 13, 04:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add some more info about ghosts; they'll never be actually "revived" by the Science Lab (it always "fails"), just made into playable ghosts. So far the only way to completely resurrect someone is to make them eat Ambrosia.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 13, 04:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was understood that "reviving" was just turning the ghost to playable, forgot the actual game terming for it though.  Had no idea that they could be resurrected either and certainly appreciate the tidbit.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 13, 05:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add some more info about ghosts; they'll never be actually "revived" by the Science Lab (it always "fails"), just made into playable ghosts. So far the only way to completely resurrect someone is to make them eat Ambrosia.
And ambrosia does not work on natural-born ghosts. Meaning, if your sim does the nasty with a ghost as a last resort and has a ghost baby, and then you have that ghost baby max out cooking, gardening, plant every freaking seed they can find until they get the life fruit, meanwhile having the original sim work up to being able to catch death fish, then have the ghost baby learn to cook ambrosia, you have wasted your time.

Still pissed about that. Luckily, her two kids turned out fleshy (we're not counting the one I had a crash on before saving).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElyZap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 11, 22:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be slightly off-track but I've been building a little graveyard of NPC ghosts of those that died in the family, and while I love having 6 (so far) ghosts wandering around the lot at night, I hate that they wake up my sleeping sims with the tv.

Has anyone heard of a mod or some interface option to (not really a serious question, since it would conflict with the rights of invited guests I guess, as that's what the ghosts seem to share the status with, but didn't want to be crying out for a quick fix without at least prodding at other solutions) to stop the ghosts disrupting my sims with the tv. I don't mind it when they scare the sims as that's what ghosts are supposed to do, but I fear my poor astronaut won't handle another night after work where he has to get up and switch the tv off.
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 11, 22:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be slightly off-track but I've been building a little graveyard of NPC ghosts of those that died in the family, and while I love having 6 (so far) ghosts wandering around the lot at night, I hate that they wake up my sleeping sims with the tv.

Has anyone heard of a mod or some interface option to (not really a serious question, since it would conflict with the rights of invited guests I guess, as that's what the ghosts seem to share the status with, but didn't want to be crying out for a quick fix without at least prodding at other solutions) to stop the ghosts disrupting my sims with the tv. I don't mind it when they scare the sims as that's what ghosts are supposed to do, but I fear my poor astronaut won't handle another night after work where he has to get up and switch the tv off.

Don't put the TV in the same room as the bed. There, problem solved.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 11, 22:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a ghost pen.  It's fenced in, and I put computers, a bookshelf, and benches in it.  The ghosts whine about not being able to do stuff inside, but I just ignore it.  They hang out, and scare each other.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 11, 22:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sure fire way is to make the ghost playable via the science lab so that you can control them and make them eat the ambrosia, however they sometimes will eat it autonomously on their own even if the ghost isn't in your control. You just can't tell or control when they will be in the mood and eat it, but you can leave plates of it out for a ghost, just make sure no one else grabs it first. I revived my one kid who died in a fire this way when I wasn't getting the science opportunity.

One of these days I'm going to make a bunch of plates of ambrosia and go to the cemetary and hang out all night and watch what happens. Wink

I believe you can retreive tombstones/urns drop off in the masoluem by selecting the 'manage the dead' option. Also dead sims out in non player controlled houses should have their tombstones end up in there.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 11, 22:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as your playable sim knew the dead sim when s/he was alive, your sim can click the mausoleum and do the "manage the dead" interaction. AFAIK, you don't have to have the urn in inventory or on your playable lot.

The ghost pen is genius! I'll have to try that.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
ElyZap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 11, 22:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha, yeah, the ghost pen does seem like a good idea, I think I'll try that until a mod is released.

As for having the tv in a different room, I've made a bachelor pad for the older son and the tv kind of makes sense there, I'd hate to have to get rid of it because of this.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 12, 01:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And ambrosia does not work on natural-born ghosts. Meaning, if your sim does the nasty with a ghost as a last resort and has a ghost baby, and then you have that ghost baby max out cooking, gardening, plant every freaking seed they can find until they get the life fruit, meanwhile having the original sim work up to being able to catch death fish, then have the ghost baby learn to cook ambrosia, you have wasted your time.

Still pissed about that. Luckily, her two kids turned out fleshy (we're not counting the one I had a crash on before saving).

Actually, ambrosia does work on natural-born ghosts. I have revived several of my ghostborns and given them a chance at life this way. Maybe your ambrosia wasn't prepared properly?
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 12, 02:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My family museum and graveyard is working out well.  The only playable ghost in my game owns that lot, giving it a permanent caretaker.  Family members visit to get to know their ancestors by visiting the regular ghosts there, and once in a while I temporarily move in a YA to drop off grave markers and portraits on their way to their new house.  The last one, being insane, was oddly at home in great-grandmother's creepy haunted house, so she now lives in a tiny closet in the attic.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 12, 18:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had the woohoo option with the mausoleum, either - only Makeout. This was with a husband and wife. I was hoping they'd conceive a child in the Mausoleum. The husband works there - is there any higher level than Epitaph Writer? I was hoping for a few more levels.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: