More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Experiment: Spanish Revival home for download
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Experiment: Spanish Revival home for download  (Read 11845 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Experiment: Spanish Revival home for download
« on: 2009 June 10, 17:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm putting this up for download specifically for those of you who did not rip the Sims3Store objects. This house uses almost all of them. Please let me know if you were able to install, place, and play this house and if furniture shows in the livingroom, kitchen, and master bedroom on the second floor. The house is partially furnished by default. Pics were posted previously. See below.

Original lot next to new lot. I kept the footprint the same, but filled in the foundation gaps. The fenced in portion was expanded a bit to accomodate a pool and gardening space. One sim is athletic and loves the outdoors, so outdoor work-out space was a must. The other has a green thumb.

Finished bedroom and kitchen. There are actually three bedrooms (with room for a fourth) and three bathrooms, but I don't decorate rooms that aren't in use yet. Kitchen painting is a work by the resident's dad.

Downstairs hallway, plus pics of the living room. A bedroom and two bathrooms are off the hallway, and the kitchen and living rooms are on either end.

The couple's colors are grey and spiceberry, which make for an odd combination.

Cost: $64,080 furnished (please test as such). $48,150 unfurnished.
Lot Size: 20x30
Download here: Mediafire
« Last Edit: 2009 June 10, 18:55:44 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Experiment: Spanish Revival home for download
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 10, 18:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, this appears to just be the Layton household, and not the actual house itself.

ETA: I've found it useful to just identify the lot file in the library and rename the file to something useful. I've been doing that to transfer lots I've built between my desktop and laptop, and it seems to keep everything intact while bypassing the launcher.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 10, 18:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's dumb, considering that I specifically chose the option to share the house without the household. Okay. Reuploaded. Evicted sims first. Now on Mediafire, with a file size that makes more sense.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 10, 20:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No issues installing. Furnished price comes out to $67,363. The Laytons even got to do a challenge upon move-in (ghost attack).

All furniture placement is intact, replaced by base-game objects, many of which are (clearly) more expensive. None of the CASt patterns you made are automatically applied to the stand-ins. The double-bed, for instance, has a cow-print comforter. Everything else seems to keep its design.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 10, 20:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there were no options, when installing the pack, to get the textures? That's disappointing. It seems that to share objects with cc, we'll have to separately package the cc or link to it. I expected as much with the objects.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 10, 21:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's a shame that the patterns aren't auto-applied to the new furniture, but I imagine it has to do with different objects having different style regions, so the game just takes the path of least resistance and gives them different patterns. The upside is that it appears that the dummy patterns aren't just randomized. Your pink and white cc sofa may turn into a brown and blue base sofa, but it looks like it will always turn into a brown-and-blue sofa, so at least there would be consistency in the inconsistency.

And hey, at least the furniture doesn't just disappear or go all flashing blue.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 10, 23:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this! I saw the screen shot you posted in one of these threads and loved the way the front was designed so I was going to attempt to recreate it in my game but now I can just download it. I have all the store crap installed so I wonder if it will apply your set patterns since it doesn't have to switch out objects. I'll test in a bit.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 10, 23:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it will apply your set patterns since it doesn't have to switch out objects.

It will.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 11, 22:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it did. House looks great in game! One thing I noticed is it came with two graves and I'm not sure that's a good thing. There has to be some massive clogging of data going on in those .sims3 files that hasn't been found yet but I have a feeling when it is found it's not going to be pretty. Another annoyance is I had to move the original lot and put it right where you made it because if I put it on a larger lot, it was offset from the front and looked silly. Why couldn't they put the offset in the back? I had an awful time finding lots of the same size to put the houses I downloaded, especially 25x30 as there is only about 3 of those that I could find. What a massive step backwards.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 12, 00:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's ridiculous. I hate how static the neighborhoods are.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: