More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:06:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Objects I miss
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Objects I miss  (Read 96261 times)
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
Re: Objects I miss
« Reply #175 on: 2009 August 22, 04:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the sim pregnant?  Editsim won't work if the sim is pregnant, and neither will any other cheats or mods that send the sim back to CAS (such as the tweak option in ISM).
Yes, she is. That explains it thanks, glad I mentioned it or else I'd be trying to load cas over and over  Undecided.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 August 22, 04:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the sim pregnant?  Editsim won't work if the sim is pregnant, and neither will any other cheats or mods that send the sim back to CAS (such as the tweak option in ISM).
Yes, she is. That explains it thanks, glad I mentioned it or else I'd be trying to load cas over and over  Undecided.

I honestly thought this was common knowledge.  It's been mentioned so many times here now I don't know how you could have missed it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 August 22, 05:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of AM and nannies, is there a way to get the sims 3 babysitter to act on a schedule, like it was in sims 2. As snowbawl said, it's really annoying to have the babysitter only stay for a while after you call her. When I had twins, then triplets directly after, I had five cribs with little babies in them. I had to constantly call the babysitter back again after she left. And in sims 2 you could even have two nannies at once, by having your scheduled nanny there and your "just for now" nanny.

Flashback to my baby farm. Not all the babies were in the crib at the time, and actually this was after the twins had grown into toddlers (one located at the direct bottom).

It was a babysitter's nightmare.
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 August 23, 17:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesss, Monique's hack was just the one I meant, should've attached the thread link from MTS2. I would SO love that for TS3! I wouldn't want to cheat on the aging process, and I actually like my families getting new babies and going through that teach-to-talk-teach-to-walk-process all over again. Just playing a family where the father's dream is to raise 5 children from baby to teen. Three of them are teens now, but there are still two toddlers to go and the parents are getting old. Let's see what happens.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
susannahmia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 August 30, 00:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really really miss the mansard roofs and spiral staircases from mansion and gardens. Also I hate that there is no longer a way to lock roofs and to adjust the height of just one without making the rest of the roofs look weird.  Embarrassed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 August 30, 02:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really really miss the mansard roofs and spiral staircases from mansion and gardens. Also I hate that there is no longer a way to lock roofs and to adjust the height of just one without making the rest of the roofs look weird.  Embarrassed
AwesomeMod adds a "roofslopeangle" code that can adjust all roofs with a number instead of a slider, or roofslopeangle X new that lets you adjust the next roof built without changing the others.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimmyNik
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 September 15, 03:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want:

Changing Tables
Shelves
Recessed Lighting
Categories I pick
Stages
Half Walls
Aquarium
underwear and pajamas, I don't wear the same damn thing>>>
I want to see in the "Rabbit Holes" we used to be able to design that crap.  Now i can't even see it

and most important

WEATHER I need seasons, have to have, want it sooooo bad, no absolutely NEED IT!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 September 15, 03:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing Tables
Eh, waste of space if it isn't necessary. But I wouldn't mind seeing it back for reasons totally unrelated to changing, because a return of the changing table is a return of the BABBY ROASTER.

underwear and pajamas, I don't wear the same damn thing>>>
They're combined in one category now: There was no point in having them seperately anyway, sims never used their underwear as underwear and so the category was only really used  for woohoo, anyway!

I want to see in the "Rabbit Holes" we used to be able to design that crap.  Now i can't even see it
No you didn't. In the old days, the rabbitholes were offscreen and you COULDN'T SEE THEM. Now you can SEE them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 September 15, 12:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss being able to change the height of wallhangings. One of the beds has a headboard that covers up the bottom of almost all paintings. Definitely miss weather. IRL, I'm really anal about always being dressed appropiately for the current weather conditions, so my sims do the same. Since it's always sunny in Sunset Valley, I get no use out of the sweaters and jackets. The thing I miss most, though, is owning and running a business. I never realized how heavily my playstyle depends on that one EP. All of my sims were involved in some form of entreprenuership in some way or another. Most families had one sim with a regular career and one sim who sold something out of the home. At least all of these things were added in EPs so there's a good chance they'll be back.

Also, I agree with SimmyNik, I definitely miss designing restaraunts and such for sims to visit. The rabbit holes and existing gathering spots just don't compare to the all-in-one comm lots we used to have.
By the way, I was also opposed to bringing back the changing table until Pes mentioned the babby roaster. That is a great big WANT! My "Cletus & Gang" sims really miss this convenient method for disposing of unwanted belly-fruit.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
R. L. Yatch
Asinine Airhead

You are hearing me talk...

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 September 25, 04:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly didn't read through all of that which came before my reply, but I must say that many of the things mentioned seem, to me, at least, to be mods that the Awesome Sims Community (here-to-for known as "ASC") came up with and not standard "vanilla" Sims and/or expansion pack objects/interactions and, while yes, they were great, they were never in the game except for those with said kick-@$$ modifications installed (to draw a parallel see: the aptly named "AwesomeMod"; i.e, awesome stuff that isn't in the standard version of the game, yet makes the game so much better). Thus, I believe that one could rest assured that, given time, the excellent modding community which surrounds this game will, by and by, not only solve the issues herein discussed, but likely also improve on things that we have yet to realize as problems.

P.S, I miss the "apartment" features of "Apartment Life" or "Get a Life" or whatever the frag it was called.

That was my $0.02

Clever anecdotal quote and/or amusing catch-phrase here...

Also, gigantic, obtrusive anime jpgs = doubleplus ungood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 September 25, 04:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, I was also opposed to bringing back the changing table until Pes mentioned the babby roaster. That is a great big WANT! My "Cletus & Gang" sims really miss this convenient method for disposing of unwanted belly-fruit.
That's why they took away the changing table, you know. We'd make babby-roasters out of them.

Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 September 25, 06:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why they took away the changing table, you know. We'd make babby-roasters out of them.

I didn't realize that no changing table = no roasting babbies! Babby BBQ? DO WANT! Idiotic butthurt EAxis.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 September 27, 03:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why wouldn't the crib work for that? I mean, you put a baby in either one and leave it there.
Papercut
Corpulent Cretin

More anger than a thousand suns

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 September 27, 09:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the DJ booth. And dance contests. And owned community lots with BRU. I want my sleazy clubs back!

I also miss all the urban stuff that came with AL. At long last I made the perfect ghetto town, but now I'm back to gentrified suburbia. It will probably be another 3 years before an urban themed EP is released for TS3.

I miss the wide variety of death to be found in TS2.

And I miss attraction and dates. Actually, I'm missing TS2 romance generally. Even the base game had a better variety of romance socials - a whole bunch of kisses, hugs and flirts to choose from - TS3 romance seems so sparse in comparison. And having to build up to the higher level socials EVERY TIME makes the whole thing a chore. And the animations are so ... chaste.

It's like they took out all the oblique smut and replaced it with more wholesome pursuits like bug and gem collecting.
scandalicious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009 September 28, 19:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss a few things, such as the different life-states, but no object sticks out in my mind nearly as much as that junker car you could restore.  Maybe it's hidden somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.  What's the point of making redneck, genius, handy sims if I'm not going to have at least one trashed car on the lot for him/her to tinker with?

Sims 3 needs moar engine grease on my sims' hands.
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 September 28, 22:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the collection folders it takes ages to find matching sets I used to make up my own sets and catagories .
I also miss shelving and half walls   
An Aquarium should have been put in instead of bowls
I also agree that familey relationships have to be forced or they do not happen
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 October 16, 04:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone remember the matchmaker? That crazy lady that you could call and buy love potions from. Love potions that made flowers sprout up behind you when you used it. And the matchmaker so you don't have to drag your sim all the way to the middle of town and scower for a mate. Even though you had to pay, it was a little more efficient than now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 October 16, 05:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The matchmaker doesn't exist because there are no real standard compatibility guidelines, only those generated by third-parties. Thus, there is no point in a matchmaker because all sims are equally matched, or mismatched.

PhantomNeko
Furry
Retardo Lander

PAILN '07

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 October 16, 06:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the hookah the most.

"Please tell me 13 underage El Salvadorian sex slaves is 'the line.'" - Jon Stewart
"Everything becomes absolute truth when shouted." - kiki
"When the only one making sense is the ghost of Peter Tosh, either you're really high, or the whole world is fucked" - Wyatt Cenac
INTJ
TheUnicorn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 November 04, 07:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spiral stairs and half walls...
They should have thought about that!!! Huh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: