More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:07:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Objects I miss
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Objects I miss  (Read 96994 times)
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Objects I miss
« Reply #150 on: 2009 August 18, 19:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The magic in the sims 2 was a huge let down. I adored Sims 1 Makin' Magic, it was my favourite expansion pack. I loved the little things like being able to make golden thread and having properly magic gnomes that came alive at night...none of these "changes pose occasionally" crap.

Brand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 August 18, 19:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the end what I miss most is the mountain of custom content I had downloaded. Being able to repaint is truly awesome and well overdue IMHO, but nothing compares to the flood of actually different styles and endless decorative objects made by users so that every house can be different. Being greedy and trying to gouge with the store instead of being smart and having the CC makers keep people addicted for them so they can sell massive piles of expansion packs shows just how short sighted and stupid EA is.

Beyond that I really miss stores and worthwhile community lots. I liked taking sims to go dancing or to buy new clothes, not to mention making new commercial lots...I loved doing that ever since Hot Date. Seamless neighborhoods are great, but what's the point if the town is boring as a result?
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 August 18, 20:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, aww golden thread. REAL magic items, yah know?
I remember the toad stools the best because almost every spell needed them and I never had enough, ha. I do hope they make a Sims 3 version, even though it probably won't compare, I still want just a little bit.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 August 18, 20:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt very much there will be a sims 3 version of makin magic, nor will there be one of Superstar. I can't see World Adventures being particularly interesting either. *sigh* How I do miss the sims 1.

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 August 18, 20:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, your going to jinx it! At least World Adventures will be something different. Even if it will be something different to try and figure out why its not working, ha ha.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 August 18, 21:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the zombie and vampire action hacks as well. A sims without zombie hoards and dangerous vampires isn't the same. Cheery household ghosts aren't my kind of supernatural buddies.

Now that folks have brought it up, I'd forgotten all about Makin' Magic. That was by far one of my favourite expansion packs, TS1 or 2. In fact, I felt let down repeatedly by the expansions available for TS2. They simply didn't live up to the possibilities I expected. For instance, with the popularity of downloadable, statue-like and semi-animated horses, I half expected ridable horses in Pets, which would have fit perfectly with the rural feel of the game (not to mention make pre-car towns easier to create). Again, with Bon Voyage, I hoped for a return of the snowboards and carnival games from Vacation, but no. I expect I'll be waiting forever for EA-made sim skateboards, boats, motorbikes and toddler trikes. Yes, I know such things were available from the cc community but smooth animations for interactive items hasn't exactly been a community strong point. It's so much easier for the game developers to add this type of item.

While I'm on about items I'd like - which, I know, is sort the opposite from the thread topic - a built-in, no hacks or mods required way to create and populate different types of neighbourhoods  would be great. I mean, something along the lines of an expansion that added, let's say, a true medieval setting, a futuristic  city or a fairy tale landscape where NPCs generated in appropriate clothes and with appropriate names and careers. They give us the building items, a bit of furnishing and the odd outfit but no good way to use these extras. There's nothing more annoying, to me anyway, then having added some EA (or cc) knight's outfit and then having NPCs show up around an ordinary town wearing the damn thing as a winter coat! Keeping themed content requires outside editing to remove 'available to all' flags unless everyday is Halloween in simland. I'd like a way to flag items and outfits as "for neighbourhood X only". Something like that I'd consider worth paying for as an extra, whereas the Sims Store concept, which is no more than an in-house pay site, is a rip off.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 August 18, 22:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, gosh I'd forgotten all about carnival games! I used to love saving up for the cute stuffed guinea pig thingies and coconut monkeys. Bring back carnival games, Eaxis!

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 August 18, 22:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the time when I played sims 1 I didn't have a fast enough computer to handle all the expansions, so I only played pets and magic.

I find that it's weird that in sims 1 there was a lot more creativity and actual "expansion" with the expansion until sims 2 and now. I can't really believe they gave sims in sims 1 snowboards and then all we got in Bon Voyage was hotels and tourist attractions. And now that you say it, that sounds like a brilliant idea. Boats, skateboards, trikes, all that jazz. We got bikes in this one, whoo, but I was kinda hoping since there was an ocean, you could swim in it, or maybe they'd introduce boats, or jet skis... nah, it just looks pretty, ha. And what about added town community interactive features. Such as a simple ice cream stand. There was tiki food stands in Bon Voyage. How about a hot dog stand, or maybe live concerts for the rock star sims in the park? There's so much EA could've really wowed us with, and they didn't. Undecided
Makin' Magic had that awesomely cute magic act. Where the magician would ask for an assistant out of the little group of sim onlookers and he put her in a box and such.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 August 18, 22:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I expect - hope - that swimming, sandcastles and (please) watersports are planned for some expansion or other; I sense a Beach Party Pack somewhere in the future.

The ability to have sims perform concerts, or even get together in a semi-realistic way to play on a community lot stage, was sorely missing in TS2 and I hope it is planned for TS3. The old Superstar expansion gave fashion shows, recording studios and other goodies - and yes, the magic shows from Makin' Magic were fun - so there's not much excuse for holding back now. The creative spark behind the original seems to be missing and TS3 is shaping up to be increasingly mini-game centred with everything too linear for my tastes.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
Brand
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 August 19, 05:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

zomg carnival games! I had forgotten about those too! Then when MM came out I retrofitted my boardwalks with rollercoasters. I miss Maxis. Sad
Sorina
Asinine Airhead

YOU! Off my planet!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 August 19, 11:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reading this topic from the start and yes - I miss the stages, weather, cheap furniture, more build mode stuff and options for customizing them...

And I really wish that some talented modder would create the individual aging mod for Sims 3, it would be so handy!

One thing I'm also looking forward to is that modders and creators would modify some clothes, furniture and hair from Sims 2 to 3. I've seen a couple of hairs, but that's about it.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 August 19, 13:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I really wish that some talented modder would create the individual aging mod for Sims 3, it would be so handy!
Doesn't this already exist as "TS2Aging" in AwesomeMod?

One thing I'm also looking forward to is that modders and creators would modify some clothes, furniture and hair from Sims 2 to 3. I've seen a couple of hairs, but that's about it.
We've had a number of conversions already. You just need to pick out which ones you actually WANT. Otherwise I imagine modders will convert the stuff they CARE about, which given the clothing-mill nature of many makers, is probably none of them, given that even free creators tend to create as a throwaway process and not because it's something they intend to use in-game, thus accounting for the relatively craptastic quality of most things.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 August 20, 02:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't this already exist as "TS2Aging" in AwesomeMod?

No, it doesn't. Sorina's talking about Monique's old mod for TS2, where you could turn aging on or off for each individual sim.

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 August 20, 17:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The separate on/off aging would be a big help for me. Sometimes you have toddlers and adults in a family, and I always want the toddler to grow up but then you get closer to the adult aging up too.
I didn't have it in sims 2, but I'd love it for sims 3.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 August 20, 18:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The separate on/off aging would be a big help for me. Sometimes you have toddlers and adults in a family, and I always want the toddler to grow up but then you get closer to the adult aging up too.

In TS3 you don't have to wait until the birthday to age up your sims.  You can age them up any time using the birthday cake (or by using the cheat on the shift-click menu).  Your toddlers can grow up without the adult aging a single day.

I know this isn't the same as separate aging, but it does deal with the situation you mentioned.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 August 20, 18:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I do know about the birthday cake. But after having multiple kids I like playing along with their aging time schedule and teaching them to walk and talk before they have to grow up.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 August 20, 18:38:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I do know about the birthday cake. But after having multiple kids I like playing along with their aging time schedule and teaching them to walk and talk before they have to grow up.

OK, I'm confused.

You said you wanted individual aging so you could grow toddlers up early.  Then 20 minutes later you said that "after having multiple kids" you now play along with their aging schedule to get all the training in.

You must have a very fast computer to have had "multiple kids" in that 20 minutes.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 August 20, 20:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, you have point. But I don't want toddlers to grow up early I meant I wanted them to go along being toddlers for their 6 days (on normal life span), then children, then teens like normal aging, whilst the rest of the family that are adults and young adults wouldn't age a day, that way I can play them for longer, and because I hate to see them get old.
Catangi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 August 20, 22:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like to toggle aging for individual sims. I put a sim in Riverview that is luring townies to her house for parties and then locking them into basements to die, but I can't make her into an inter-generational horror if she ages with everyone else. (Unless I decide she should have kids to carry on her legacy, but I don't like the kids much.)

A rabbithole object that's just an archway or a door is a genius idea and would make redesigning the towns, which is so limited now, a lot easier.
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 August 20, 22:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like to toggle aging for individual sims. I put a sim in Riverview that is luring townies to her house for parties and then locking them into basements to die, but I can't make her into an inter-generational horror if she ages with everyone else. (Unless I decide she should have kids to carry on her legacy, but I don't like the kids much.)

A rabbithole object that's just an archway or a door is a genius idea and would make redesigning the towns, which is so limited now, a lot easier.

ambrosia?
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 August 20, 23:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ambrosia is a major pain in the butt. Full cooking skill, full fishing skill, and full gardening skill (or you can steal life fruit from a neighbor). By that time, along with trying to achieve a high job or other skills, you'd already be an elder, or you'd have to turn aging off, which defeats the purpose.
Tanatha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 August 22, 02:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ambrosia is a major pain in the butt. Full cooking skill, full fishing skill, and full gardening skill (or you can steal life fruit from a neighbor). By that time, along with trying to achieve a high job or other skills, you'd already be an elder, or you'd have to turn aging off, which defeats the purpose.

Eh, my sim has mastered gardening, but she's only at level 3 in cooking, 5 in fishing.  I just had her start eating a life fruit every morning, and I've noticed that once the life fruit is at excellent or better, she gets a random amount of days back, instead of just one day for each fruit. Heck of a lot better than going through that ambrosia rigamarole.

So that could be an option for you to explore.  I just had a thought, how about turning aging off, keeping track of the days on your sim children and sending them to the cake and/or using the grow up cheat?
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 August 22, 04:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the life fruit a day thing once. But it was stoled life fruit from my old house that still had it growing in the garden, ha. It did it's job, but there was only two bushes of it so I had to wait a while for new to grow back. Funny thing is, in that same house, once I got tired of waiting for new to grow back, I ended up turning aging off. Then like you said; waiting a couple days and either using the birthday cake or just triggering age transition for my young 'uns.
I'd do the life fruit a day thing again, but I've lost interest in gardening since then. Currently I was using the editsim and just changing the age back, but now Create-A-Sim won't load after I enter the cheat. The load screen comes up but, after that it just spins around. I'd report it, but the manual says it's still experimental and unsupported. I was going to uninstall AM and then reinstall it ot see if that would fix it.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 August 22, 04:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently I was using the editsim and just changing the age back, but now Create-A-Sim won't load after I enter the cheat. The load screen comes up but, after that it just spins around. I'd report it, but the manual says it's still experimental and unsupported. I was going to uninstall AM and then reinstall it ot see if that would fix it.

Is the sim pregnant?  Editsim won't work if the sim is pregnant, and neither will any other cheats or mods that send the sim back to CAS (such as the tweak option in ISM).

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 August 22, 04:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the Nannies.  What the hell is this babysitter crap?  I need sitters during the day, which is when the little truants should be in SCHOOL.  I want a reliable sitter that shows up at a certain time and leaves at a certain time.  The same one, every day, who is not going to steal all my houseplants.  And I should not have to call them.  I want my nannies back.  NAO!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: