More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:25:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Objects I miss
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Objects I miss  (Read 96252 times)
Gimfalisette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Objects I miss
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 11, 16:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the pregnancy book issue with other Sims as well, who were not bookworms and had other books available to them. Maybe the pregnancy books are extra-attractive?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 11, 16:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine can't seem to keep away from Adventures of Raymundo. They have around 50 books, between the many that Sara wrote and Nicole's two. But nope, it's all about AoR.

The sprinklers annoy me, too. I've been thinking of just making all parties swimwear, because with four sprinklers out in the Huge Garden of Perfection, that's all guests do.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 11, 17:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang. My kids too, always read pregnancy books; I wonder if it's done on purpose. Adventures of Raymundo is a bestseller in my hood too, among the adults, nip and tuck with Speshul Snowflake.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 11, 19:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I won't bother reiterating the objects missed by others (musical instruments); but I personally miss the selection of medium to large indoor plants; right now there is one (a tree) and two medium sized potted plants. I adore greenery and find it makes fantastic décor, but at the moment I am struggling to make rooms look unique given the lack of superfluous plant- and other- décor.

Also, not an object, but I really miss the male pregnancy mod… because I don't play females.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 11, 19:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang. My kids too, always read pregnancy books; I wonder if it's done on purpose.

Perhaps they're not just pregnancy books but also educational on where babbies come from.  Which means pictures of nekkid people.

Most of what's been said, I miss.  Also, alien hybrids.  Yeah, I can make a green guy in CAS and he won't have crappy genetics, but the whole alien abduction thing was fun.
Gimfalisette
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 11, 19:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also really miss NL-style chemistry and dating. Right now it feels like there's no reason to have a Sim choose any other Sim in particular for a match-up, other than "My biological clock is ticking, I need a mate NOW, and you're standing in front of me." Sims are not turned on or turned off by other personality traits, they don't care about hair color; I haven't played a Snob Sim or one with a LTW related to money, but I somewhat doubt those Sims will really care much about the financial status of romantic possibilities, either. Love is simply a vending machine in TS3.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 11, 23:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smart milk.  It takes wa-a-a-ay too long to teach toddlers to walk, talk and potty train.  Actually, I miss a few of the aspiration rewards.  And I'm not crazy about the lifetime aspiration rewards offered, either.

I liked the career rewards they had in TS2.  Most of them were essential in every sim home.

Playing multiple households was one of the things that kept me interested in the sims.  Having to play one household in a neighborhood is boring as hell.  I've already gone back to playing TS2 because of it.

The piano was usually the only musical instrument my sims had because children could play it.

Toddlers and children getting skills instead of the promise of getting to "start" at a certain skill level as a teen.  WTF?

The toddler wabbit for charisma.  That's how my toddlers spent their time in TS2 until they became children.

An actual ultra speed.  The ultra speeds in TS3 are the equivalent of speed 2 in TS2.  I can clean my whole house while my sims are sleeping.

One thing I do find amusing:  When a sim dies, if you leave the urn in the house (don't know about tombstones) the ghost of the sim comes out and does things around the house like read and work out.  My husband ghost would then sleep in bed with wifey until he got sucked back into the urn.  I then found out that wifey could talk to her ghost hubbie.  Cute.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 12, 03:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss alot of the things mentioned above. Piano, why EA can't the kids learn music? WTF!!

I am a builder and I miss the simple things. Curved staircases, straight stairs, half-walls. Although the fences are nice, like the wire fencing, but I miss my CC fences. I hate the columns, the arches suck.

I would love to use the "constrainfloorelevation false" on my walls and not have that awful shadow that can't be removed. If it can, please let me know. When I use CFE to make 'stealth stairs', I would like them to stay that way with out them flying up in the air after a sim uses them.  I definitely miss individual roof elevations.

Shoot, just will go play TS2.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Ezura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 12, 08:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ezura
Why EAxis thought that baby/toddlers only could fall asleep at near fainting when other Sims falls asleep anytime puzzles me.
Clearly, you've never experienced a real toddler. Wink They go until they drop, literally.

Well, I do know that toddlers go until they drop, but on the other hand, real toddlers aren't "perfect" like Sims 3 toddlers, real toddlers become overtired at times. And if you put an overtired toddler into the crib, they won't just quietly sit there for a second, then fall over and fall asleep.  Tongue
So they made toddlers falling asleep right away at near fainting a convenience, but yet they made it impossible for them to even take naps, making it a mayor inconvenience when playing the game.
That doesn't make sense to me at all, that is what annoys me with the cribs, that I can't even nap the toddlers for a while to get some energy back.
Why make one part realistic and the other unrealistic?
And realistically, a real toddler that is left alone in the crib for 5 hours while awake, won't pass the time by simply giggling, they would quickly become upset by the loneliness. (long before 5 hours!)

They removed the inconvenience that other Sims had to wait until a certain energy level to fall asleep, now Sims can go to bed at any time during the day and sleep. (which is a lifesaver when children wake up too early and wait for the schoolbus)
That isn't realistic, yet they changed it so it would be easier to take care of Sims.
So the baby/toddler sleeping issue is just a mayor inconvenience to gameplay and a half-arsed attempt at making toddlers more realistic.

And what's the point of potty training toddlers if you still "change their diapers" after they are trained instead of bathing them?

Obviously they are not aiming for realistic toddlers, so why add some realistic features that are limiting gameplay?
It dosen't make sense.

I have high-functioning autism.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 12, 11:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely miss individual roof elevations.

Those are possible in TS3, with an old trick revived -- see this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=344816

Have fun! =)
daisywenham
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 12, 12:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss alot of the things mentioned above. Piano, why EA can't the kids learn music? WTF!!

I am a builder and I miss the simple things. Curved staircases, straight stairs, half-walls. Although the fences are nice, like the wire fencing, but I miss my CC fences. I hate the columns, the arches suck.

I would love to use the "constrainfloorelevation false" on my walls and not have that awful shadow that can't be removed. If it can, please let me know. When I use CFE to make 'stealth stairs', I would like them to stay that way with out them flying up in the air after a sim uses them.  I definitely miss individual roof elevations.

Shoot, just will go play TS2.

I was pretty freakin' disappointed by build mode.  Some of the promo vids were very "ZOMG LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN BUILD NAO" as if there were things you couldn't do in TS2.   As it turns out they just copy-pasted build mode from TS2 into TS3, with the exception of pulling walls and the roof height slider.  Things like fences that double as columns were conspicuously absent from base TS2.  We already waited almost 10 years for them and then they yank them right back out.  Who at EA do I have to kill for a proper covered porch?!  I'd even settle for regular columns that can be placed in a quarter tile.  

Basements and garages attached to houses shouldn't need cheats.  What's wrong with maybe holding down the alt key to get the foundation tool to dig a basement for you?  Maybe if I try to build a wall right next to a foundation the game just automatically makes that wall 4 clicks taller?   Even better would be a pop-up asking me if I want to match that wall's height to the existing walls or not.  If you select no, maybe you get a reminder that stairs will be necessary to make those areas accessible.  

This isn't something that was ever in TS2 really but I miss counter islands that corner properly with regular counters.  As far as I've seen the TS3 islands will corner with a refrigerator or strove, but not with a counter.  WTF EA?   I would also dearly love counters that can corner at other than a 90 degree angle.  I want kitchen islands and peninsula objects in interesting shapes and I want to put sinks in them dammit!  
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 12, 12:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sprinklers annoy me, too. I've been thinking of just making all parties swimwear, because with four sprinklers out in the Huge Garden of Perfection, that's all guests do.
There's an anti-sprinkler hack that is seperate from AwesomeMod, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 12, 12:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not an object, but I miss LOTFULLOFSIMS the most right now. 6 screaming larvae isn't enough for me! I can fit in at least 22 more before the first one toddlers up! Someone make this possible, please!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 12, 12:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I miss Lot Full Of Sims too.  But since the game is all of 10 days old, I don't feel justified in complaining about what mods haven't been resurrected yet.  Stuff that was in the base TS2 but not in TS3, though, seems like a reasonable target.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 June 12, 14:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not an object, but I miss LOTFULLOFSIMS the most right now. 6 screaming larvae isn't enough for me! I can fit in at least 22 more before the first one toddlers up! Someone make this possible, please!

^ This. I love the challenge of 10 or 15 or more Sims in a household.
Cheatalot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 June 12, 15:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

• Some place to do a public woohoo!

If they visit the theater you get the option "woohoo backstage" it's the only one I found so far though, maybe there are more places but i'm not sure.
    I want more different plants for in the house, 2 and 3 story columns , one tile spiral staircase, and a lot of the other buildmode stuff created by CC makers.[/list]
    « Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 15:10:50 by Cheatalot » Logged

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
    brownlustgirl
    Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: 2009 June 12, 15:22:26 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an anti-sprinkler hack that is seperate from AwesomeMod, but Fat Gwilly People haven't asked.

I am asking, O Masterful of Awesomeness!  *bows*

Will the sacrifice of my first-born sim do?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
    Zazazu
    Fuzzy Pumpkin
    Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
    « Reply #67 on: 2009 June 12, 17:20:10 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd even settle for regular columns that can be placed in a quarter tile.  
    While placing anything, press and hold ALT for free placement. Depending on what you have around it, you may also need the cheat "moveobjects on".

Capitalism, Ho!
    "Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
    My Urinal
    kemowery
    Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: 2009 June 12, 17:34:55 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers and children getting skills instead of the promise of getting to "start" at a certain skill level as a teen.  WTF?

This I don't mind so much (though I agree it's silly that children can't learn guitar--which should be "music"--until they're teens).  In Sims 2, I pretty routinely had all skills maxed before my teens went to college through toddler/child skillination, smart milk, and the educational bookcase unless I just chose not to do it.
    daisywenham
    Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: 2009 June 12, 18:27:44 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd even settle for regular columns that can be placed in a quarter tile.  
    While placing anything, press and hold ALT for free placement. Depending on what you have around it, you may also need the cheat "moveobjects on".

For some reason I thought I'd read that doesn't work with columns.  There goes my reading comprehension again. >.<
    Ambular
    Cheese Nazi
    Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #70 on: 2009 June 13, 03:34:03 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the grandfather clock.  My home contains two of them.  I cannot build my house properly without them.  :/

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
    My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
    username
    Asinine Airhead

View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: 2009 June 13, 13:27:23 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some place to do a public woohoo!

If they visit the theater you get the option "woohoo backstage" it's the only one I found so far though, maybe there are more places but i'm not sure.

I read in a post that every rabbit hole you can visit has a woohoo option.  It definitely works for the city hall.  Choose tour with so-in-so then click on the building.
    Baroness
    cwieberdink
    Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: 2009 June 13, 14:57:29 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some place to do a public woohoo!

I read in a post that every rabbit hole you can visit has a woohoo option.  It definitely works for the city hall.  Choose tour with so-in-so then click on the building.

Is this an intended pun?

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
    SIMplyLisa
    Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: 2009 June 13, 19:04:46 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to know why they included watch a movie at the theater and watch a game at the stadium but you can't take a date with you.

I hate that by 9 pm downtown is dead. No nightlife for you! My Sim hangs out at the cemetery with the ghosts at night. They like to watch her play guitar!

I miss the violin, shelves for all these gems, fish tank, hot tub, diving board, coffee that refills your energy level, the cheap wall mount shower, and alien abductions.

What hacks I want - pergnancy for all genders, auto sort inventory and bookshelves, fertilize all plants that need it with best fish I have in inventory, a listing in the skills details for the collectibles, and books read.

romagia
    Retardo Lander

View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: 2009 June 13, 19:35:31 »
    THANKS THIS IS GREAT

***Thou do not have the right to complain about what has not been present in The Sims 2 base game***

other then that, i really miss the piano and the charisma rabbit... and the social bunny... and the sim shrink... and some other random NPC's like the gardener;
    but as for items, nothing except for the ones mentioned[that... from the base game only]
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to: