More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 15:01:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Objects I miss
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Objects I miss  (Read 97131 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Objects I miss
« Reply #125 on: 2009 August 13, 00:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, I also miss that convenient Elixer of Life.  Ambrosia is just not the same thing at all.  Anyone and everyone could easily earn enough asperation pts to buy a jug of the Elixer; you need Maxed Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening to make Ambrosia.  It's probably pretty much impossible on the shorter lifespans to ever actually assemble the ingredients unless you use some hack that allows Deathfish and Lifefruit to be sold at the store.
That is sort of the point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 August 13, 08:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh, I also miss that convenient Elixer of Life.  Ambrosia is just not the same thing at all.  Anyone and everyone could easily earn enough asperation pts to buy a jug of the Elixer; you need Maxed Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening to make Ambrosia.  It's probably pretty much impossible on the shorter lifespans to ever actually assemble the ingredients unless you use some hack that allows Deathfish and Lifefruit to be sold at the store.
That is sort of the point.
Yeah, I know.  TS2 was too easy.  But it was quite a jarring change for me until I realize we can just change thier lifespans to whatever (very long) lifespan we want, and now I don't worry about it.  Just feeling a little nostalgic for those easy days of TS2.   Grin

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 August 13, 08:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you need Maxed Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening to make Ambrosia.
you can steal the Life Fruit in other Sim Garden.
Faded
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 August 13, 08:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss creating my own custom neighborhoods, more than anything else.

Who's to say, there might be a way regular users can, I have yet to see a hack/mod allowing it.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 August 13, 08:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, but of course that means you must already have another sim in the neighbourhood who has planted and grown Life Fruit.

And yes, I too very very much miss being able to make my own custom hoods.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Faded
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 August 13, 09:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is true, but of course that means you must already have another sim in the neighbourhood who has planted and grown Life Fruit.

And yes, I too very very much miss being able to make my own custom hoods.

Every time I see "Life Fruit", I think of different little things that happened to me in World of Warcraft when I was out picking herbs. In WoW there's a plant called Liferoot. I had friends refer to it sometimes as "Life fruit" or "life-froot" time to time jokingly (long before Sims 3 was conceived of course). Amusingly, it was a plant hard to find sometimes when you were really needing it.

More about the custom neighborhoods, I have heard other people (and EA) pimp the design over its flaws by just saying that it would be "hard" or impossible to allow that because of the streaming, seamless design of the neighborhoods. To me, maybe I'm just grouchy but this sounds a little like lazy design. I'm not a programmer (and will not become one), but I digress.
 It was *possible* for the designers to implement a way for normal users to make seamless custom neighborhoods, they just didn't do it -- perhaps to wait to add something like that in an expansion pack. They are ALREADY working on an expansion pack for Sims 3 now, which sounds relatively fun. (Adventuring in Sims 3? Humm!)

I miss interactions in restaurants, too. It sounds wrong, but I miss taking a bad sim and making them wet themselves in the middle of the dining area.  Grin

Edit!
Not an object, but I miss songs in simlish. It's jarring to me that when I get near a stereo, "I love LA" or "Don't worry 'bout the government" comes blaring out.

Oh my gosh, do I miss this too. Were they unable to get people to make new simlish songs for this game? Also I find myself missing the music from the original Sims game and its expansions. Especially the weird elevator-type music. It had a "fun" quality to it. Kind of a bummer they just threw in a few bad songs from some designer's kid's iPod into TS3, but you can still add your own collection, which makes up for it.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 09:21:00 by Faded » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 August 13, 09:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,to some extent, this is true: The entire neighborhood terrain is actually a giant 3D mesh, and the radar view is made out of a prepainted overlay, and isn't actually rendered. To add a lot involves blasting a hole through the terrain mesh and defining it, so, while not possible, it is not as trivial as it sounds and it seems unlikely that it can be performed dynamically in-play. Whether it was asinine to even adopt such a design or not, that is a different question.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Faded
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 August 13, 09:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well,to some extent, this is true: The entire neighborhood terrain is actually a giant 3D mesh, and the radar view is made out of a prepainted overlay, and isn't actually rendered. To add a lot involves blasting a hole through the terrain mesh and defining it, so, while not possible, it is not as trivial as it sounds and it seems unlikely that it can be performed dynamically in-play. Whether it was asinine to even adopt such a design or not, that is a different question.

This is a very good point. Smiley
As for myself, I think it was sort of strange to adopt that sort of design. I'm sure there were other ways to get their goal for that, than what they used.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 August 13, 11:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind not being able to physically change the shape of the towns, but I'd at least like different terrain types (desert, concrete, etc), and the ability to add and remove neighborhood decorations. I really don't think that that's too much to ask.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 August 13, 11:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean that anyone hoping for custom neighborhoods can abandon all hope? This was going to be the ultimate deciding factor for me in purchasing future expansion packs.

I'm certain that they could have made neighborhoods customizable even with the lack of borders, but they designed the system stupidly and lazily, sacrificing user customization for superficially pleasing curvy roads. Making these neighborhoods customizable would require a lot of effort; it isn't worth the effort because they figure most players won't give a crap, and they are probably right, so go them!

I think I'm getting it through my thick skull that complaining to/about a large company makes about as much of a difference as voting.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 August 13, 12:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm getting it through my thick skull that complaining to/about a large company makes about as much of a difference as voting.

Well, if everyone had that attitude, we would have McCain for president.

No matter how small, any action changes the future.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Faded
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 August 13, 17:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if everyone had that attitude, we would have McCain for president.

No matter how small, any action changes the future.

This. <3

Also, I have faith in the Sims modding community, there's some pretty crafty modders, so who's to say someone won't come up with some crazy way to make a Sunset Valley/Riverview town to be desert or concrete in the near future?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 August 13, 17:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It occurs to me - how are lot boundaries decided? Using that method, wouldn't it make sense to define lots as subsets of the terrain via coordinates, in which case, redefining the coordinates results in resized lots, creating space to define a new lot in the unused space? 'course, this being EA they probably have some ridiculous method instead, but....

INFP or something
Sam the Limey
Asinine Airhead

Lawn Gnome Liberation Front

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 August 13, 18:58:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember, years ago, that I had a hacked item for TS1 that was essentially a bowl of pills. Visitors to the house would gravitate toward it and it would spawn some kind of weird behaviour (or kill them) after each time they took one. Hours of neighbour-terrorising fun.
blackgryffin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 August 16, 23:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss so much the SimsCutie Espresso ... Gosh, these Sims 3 take SO MUCH time eating and everything related to  !!!  Shocked

zen ...
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 August 17, 09:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss so much the SimsCutie Espresso ... Gosh, these Sims 3 take SO MUCH time eating and everything related to  !!!  Shocked
My sims eats up before his wife can even SIT DOWN.
Only thing that takes long is making the dinner (Which IMO takes forever)
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 August 17, 09:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are mods for that, in the Pudding Factory, as well as at MTS. One is for faster cooking with slower eating, and one is for faster cooking and eating, both. Personally, I use the latter. My sims need to go to work - no time for food! *chaos cracks her whip

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: 2009 August 17, 10:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm certain that they could have made neighborhoods customizable even with the lack of borders, but they designed the system stupidly and lazily, sacrificing user customization for superficially pleasing curvy roads. Making these neighborhoods customizable would require a lot of effort; it isn't worth the effort because they figure most players won't give a crap, and they are probably right, so go them!

I can't see why the default towns would not be editable if we had that custom hood tool. Unless they've put some special encryption on the default .world files, which would obviously be retarded, because they're already impossible for users to even edit at the moment.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 August 17, 20:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I timed it - a sim was cooking pancakes when the 1-hour-till-school timer went off. She flipped the damn pancakes for ONE AND A HALF HOURS, causing her to not get a chance to eat AND be late for the damn bus.

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 August 18, 01:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I timed it - a sim was cooking pancakes when the 1-hour-till-school timer went off. She flipped the damn pancakes for ONE AND A HALF HOURS, causing her to not get a chance to eat AND be late for the damn bus.
Honestly, forget having a "family" dinner. I try to just get them all to sit at the table and talk, but someone always has to get up. And they still don't talk... Cry.
And what I miss the most is the "Open for Business" expansion pack. I loved having a business and having to develop a strategy to maintane your employees. I even made an enormous Ikea once. Every room was one buy mode item, like ceiling lights, then floor lamps, etc.  Undecided (this topic needs some sullen music)
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 August 18, 14:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah. Open For Business was so tedious and so boring, but it was damn well one of the best expansions.
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 August 18, 17:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss vampires...
And weather.

As far as objects go, the social ones, like pool tables and cards, are obvious. I also used the hobby and Freetime items a ton; many of my sims were into pottery and kicking balls around. Not having instruments for the kids also bothers me, as that was one skill I liked giving them a head start on.

Once I create the families, build and decorate them a house and get rolling with the game I get bored very quickly. I need as many objects and interactions as I can find just to keep me interested after a few days of those tedious bathe-school-work-skill-sleep simlives. The base game - especially with all these rabbitholes - is kind of dull after a while, for me anyway.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 August 18, 17:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I'm constantly wishing I had a ton of snow in front of my sim's house and a frozen lake too. And especially vampires.
 I made a zombie in sims 2 once. Well twice, once I used a perfume hack. And another I was playing university and that annoying cheerleader kept stopping by my dorm every day chanting. I keep my sound on so- I can now, in real life, cheer the same cheer, (words and all) for anybody who's listening. Anyways I put her a an empty room, started a fire, and she died. It was a blissful moment, but then I decided to make a zombie so I resurrected her halfway and poof she was this urplish colored, leg dragging, grunting sim cheerleader.

And not to state the obvious but I really miss all my cc. Mostly that I had pages and pages of hair, and tons of makeup, and clothes. I even had almost all the different "mermaid outfits" (I went through a mermaid addiction).
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 August 18, 18:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies and Vampires are much more fun when you install the "deadly neck bite" and "zombie apocalypse" hacks. I really enjoyed watching my neighborhood getting picked off and resulting to defense using the AK47 from SimWardrobe. The sims 3 needs paranormal creatures. Bad Mr Humble, bad!

aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 August 18, 18:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, I never really looked at a lot of the sims 2 hacks, but I wish I would've. That's awesome, reminds of Resident Evil Cheesy. And they really do need paranormal creatures, like pet faeries or something. In sims 1 there was a sea serpent that came out of the winding river every once in a while.
I can't believe I forgot, but sims 1 Makin' Magic expansion was by far my favorite game out of all three. Especially the bazaar where you could give magic shows and would have to barter for spell ingredients and such. The sims 2 Magic expansion was okay. You couldn't go the magic side of town or any of that  Undecided. I loved though that your top witch sparkled, and had sparkly skin.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: