More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:51:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Objects I miss
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Objects I miss  (Read 97152 times)
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Objects I miss
« Reply #100 on: 2009 June 22, 17:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not something I miss from previous versions, as it has never existed.  But I miss it in that I wish it was in the game.

It just came to me while I was reading the requests in the AwesomeMod thread: Why on God's green earth does this ONE GAME, out of every game going, not allow us to bind our own keys? That seems so simple an oversight.  I can see the idiot brigade screwing themselves over to the point where they could do almost nothing in game, but that's what the "Reset To Defaults" button is for.

For that matter, why can't I bring up the game menu by hitting ESC. And why when I type information into text boxes (like names for saved games) do I have to click that stupid checkmark icon instead of just hitting enter?  It's these pre-school-style limitations that make me insane sometimes while playing.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2009 June 22, 18:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah yes, proper bunk beds. They were made for the horror that was TSO, but they never made it to any REAL sim game.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 June 22, 19:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss spiral staircases.   Undecided

Me too  Embarrassed

I do also. Targa stairs, oh how I would love to have them in this game. I can't make stealth stairs as they rise up when you level the area.

I miss bunkbeds too.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
oopsieal
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 June 23, 16:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so you guys have touched on some very warm memories I have of things I loved in TS2, now that I am playing TS3 solely now...

I have to agree - the Romance options kinda suck in the base game.  I do hope they will upgrade w/EPs.  Kissing is boring and too innocent, as well as make-out.  They never grab butts anymore, lol, and I don't recall hearing the purring and growling from before, but maybe I haven't been listening.  Miss the slow dance options where you could REALLY fondle your dance partner.   Wink

I know they weren't made by Maxis, but I really, really miss my love shower and love rugs from SexySims2, lol.  I'm hoping TS3 versions will be out soon!

Memories.  I miss the memory icons where you had your first kiss, first woohoo, births of children, had an affair, etc. 

Smart Milk and Career Rewards.  Do you get anything besides lifetime want points (if it was your want) when you reach top of a career now?  I haven't noticed anything...

The larvae are creepy and boring.  I miss powdering my baby's bottom!

Half-walls are a definite missed item.  I never realized I liked them so much until I didn't have them...Shelving is also a definite lacking in the game now.  With all the collectibles, how could they forget a place to store them?

I miss nice water features - the fountain is nice but boring after a while.  Aquariums...how could they miss this?  Being able to sunbathe and swim in the ocean...how could they create such beautiful water and ocean and deny us swimming in it?

I miss being able to go into a restaurant on a date an eat and play with food, toast, surprise engagement, etc. interactions while at the table.  I also really miss the wedding arch and the wedding video cutscreen.

What about woohoo in the car?  It was the fastest route to accidental preggo for my Sims in TS2, lol!  Haven't noticed this being an option in TS3 yet...anyone else?

Musical instruments other than guitar...I cannot believe they took out the piano, drums and violin!  How can you have a music career without multiple instruments?  And WHY can't kids play an instrument other than the toddler xylophone?  What IS up with the paper and crayons on the craft table but no interaction to draw?  I think they just totally missed that one by accident...
Tikkititi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 June 24, 20:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miss the slow dance options where you could REALLY fondle your dance partner.   Wink

Yes! The groping, I miss the groping.

What IS up with the paper and crayons on the craft table but no interaction to draw?  I think they just totally missed that one by accident...

Nah. They missed it out by laziness, more like.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 June 25, 00:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things I miss the most aren't objects, but part of the gameplay. I really miss the turn-ons and turn-offs. Romance and dating are so hit-and-miss now, and seem a bit pointless, in many ways. I understand that shared traits have something to do with how well sims get along together, but the traits don't really seem to have much of an impact. Even sims with no shared traits can easily become friends and fall in love, because it has only to do with lots of clicking on the user's part. Relationships of any sort are very mechanical now, and take far too much effort on my part. I mostly just cheat my sims into friendships, because I don't feel like clicking 50 times to get my sim to befriend somebody. Stupid EA.

As sappy as it is, I miss memories, too. What's the point of having your first woohoo, or any of your children, if you don't remember any of it?

As far as objects go, the texture customization *somewhat* makes up for the small number of actual objects, but I also think it's really stupid that the cheapest shower gives bad "cold shower" moodlets, and that the only showertub in the game is hella expensive. Also, what's up with the ridiculously expensive "hot beverages maker" that doesn't even boost energy? Give me my cheap coffee maker, and a reason to use it!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 June 25, 08:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In which universe? If you find your showers going cold in the middle of them, buy a better water heater. Replacing the shower, itself, will do nothing.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 June 25, 11:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The things I miss the most aren't objects, but part of the gameplay. I really miss the turn-ons and turn-offs. Romance and dating are so hit-and-miss now, and seem a bit pointless, in many ways. I understand that shared traits have something to do with how well sims get along together, but the traits don't really seem to have much of an impact. Even sims with no shared traits can easily become friends and fall in love, because it has only to do with lots of clicking on the user's part. Relationships of any sort are very mechanical now, and take far too much effort on my part. I mostly just cheat my sims into friendships, because I don't feel like clicking 50 times to get my sim to befriend somebody. Stupid EA.

As sappy as it is, I miss memories, too. What's the point of having your first woohoo, or any of your children, if you don't remember any of it?

Definitely, memories and turn-ons and turn-offs were the first thing I noticed gone. It's really depressing that when a sim dies the family has completely forgotten about them two days later, and it's easy to make a sim date ANYONE as long as you get the interactions in the right order. Definitely a step backwards.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 June 25, 12:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, what's up with the ridiculously expensive "hot beverages maker" that doesn't even boost energy? Give me my cheap coffee maker, and a reason to use it!

I agree! I would like someone to hack that "hot beverage maker" to have more energy. It is so costly, you would think it was worth a good kick.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Verdant
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 June 25, 13:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll reiterate the want for memories and turn ons/offs. I also kinda miss the buildable cars - my wrench wielding Handy sim just isn't a -proper- mechanic until she has a few wrecks on her front lawn waiting to be fixed. Hell, I just wish there were more of the skill/hobby items - I miss the flower arranging and the robot building and the different instruments and all the sports equipment like the football net.

And I kinda miss TS2 style social interaction sometimes. Why can't my sims go from asking how each other's day was to back-pain-alleviating massages without spamming flirts first?
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 June 25, 15:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also miss dating, chemistry and the romance interactions of TS2. Now courtship just involves cornering a Sim and spamming a sequence of romance socials until you work them into the right mood. It actually reminds me of romance in Fable 2. That's fine for an rpg type game where romance and family are an optional distraction from the main point of the game, but in a life simulation, romance and family should be something fun to do, not some dreary chore. I can't even bother playing flirty, commitment issue types in this game, I only romance for the sake of getting a breeding partner. In TS2 it was fun to play a multiple partner Romance type, now it's just boring.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 June 25, 15:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also miss elevators. 
dream_operator
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 June 25, 15:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it interesting that so many people have mentioned that one can get any sim to fall in love with any other in the Sims3 and miss the chemistry system of the Sims2.  It was just as easy if not more so to make any sim fall in love with any other in the Sims2 even if they had bad chemistry.  Now it may have taken a little longer, but it was certainly easy.  Now with that said, I do miss the fact that in the Sims2, sims could scope the room and would make their preference known by swooning or retching over various other sims.  I really hope they bring back some sort of system where we can more easily tell whom our sims are attracted too.  At this point I am going by the wishes that pop up.  If a sim wants to kiss a certain sim for the first time (or have any romantic wishes related to a certain sim), then I take that as attraction.  

As for objects I personally miss and hope they bring into the Sims3 at some point...

Basketball nets.  These were something I wanted in the Sims2 for the longest time and we finally got them in the second to last EP.  At least we got some playground equipment this time around in the base game.  Parks are my favorite thing to build in the Sims and without basketball nets and playground equipment they always seem lacking to me.  

Vending machines.  Again something that goes so well in parks and playgrounds.  In fact vending machines go well in most any community lot.  I wanted these so bad for the Sims2 for so long and FINALLY got them in the last EP.  Then I used them like mad.  I hope I don't have to wait that long again.

Baby playthings.  These didn't even get put into any EPs at all, but the Store! And not until a few weeks before Sims3 came out.  Still it was enough time for me to love them and want them back.  Though I don't think we will be getting any baby swings in the Sims3 seeing as how their bottom halves don't move now.  Again something I had to wait forever for in the Sims2.  I would be happy with a bassinet or stroller instead though if it means we can use it to take babies and toddlers to the park and beach.

An interactive ocean and beach.  Again something I waited to be included in the Sims2 forever and was so happy when we finally got it.  Interactive beaches were one of the only things in BV that I really loved, but it made the whole EP worth it to me.  And now I miss them three times as much seeing as how there are a couple of beautiful beaches in the Sims3 just begging to be made usable since as they are there is nothing special to do at them except fish.  I mean why have a beach party when it is no different from a party at the park except for the location?

The massage table.  This I sadly have doubts of being included since sims can now get massages at the rabbit hole spa.  Which I don't like because I enjoy watching my sims get pampered.  If I am too busy and poor for massages in real life, then I want to live vicariously through my sims.

Which brings me too...non-rabbit hole community lots.  I don't know if this will ever be any different in any EP, but I really hope it is.  The reason I am not sure if some of these rabbit holes will open up is that most all of them are work places too.  The only way I can see it happening is if one of the EPs is something of an OFB remake except that maybe instead of just having sims run their own businesses it also makes it possible for sims to work at other sims' businesses and make these venues open to the public to enjoy at the same time.  I really don't know if this will happen though.

Last but not least, let me join with the many voices decrying the lack of shelves in the game.  This one is such a no brainer I really, REALLY don't understand how it was left out.  I'd love to do some more collecting in the game (I actually find it enjoyable and in character for some sims such as scientists), but the fact that there is no really good way to display an ample collection of anything in the game keeps me from it.  A room full of tables is the best option we have at this point and while it works it is hardly the way most real treasures and collections are displayed.  At least give us some glass to put over those gems to protect them!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 25, 16:04:56 by dream_operator » Logged

There is no meaning in our world for us who live there. No meaning at all. -Ulquiorra
Lissa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 June 27, 11:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Running with Scissors Playset.  I loved how random it was, and used to use it to cull my population.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2009 June 27, 11:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you could do stuff at the beach like you could in BV, such as seashell hunting, swimming in the sea and building sandcastles. I was slightly disappointed that all you could do at the beach was fish. They can't even sunbathe!

Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 02, 00:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just finished a Sims 3 session and found that I really miss the gentle, nicely animated zzzz's of sleeping Sims in TS2, and the equally gently animated music notes and blue rings emanating from stereo speakers. These hard-edged ZZZ's are horrid, and the weird liquid-glass effect that's supposed to mimic sound waves coming out of stereos is awful.

Of course, when it comes to music, I'm with those who bitch about not being able to turn off the goddamn music in build, buy, neighborhood and CAS modes. My speaker knob is going to get twisted off from me cranking it down every time I have to leave live play mode.

What objects do I miss? Every damn thing Adele ever made, for starters. Windkeeper's Helios windows and doors. My huge collection of oriental rugs, Victorian furnishings and period clothing. Wanna try maintaining a Victorian-themed household with a cell phone in every inventory?

Sims 3 is diverting but Sims 2 is NEVER coming off my hard drive.
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 August 07, 03:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that acquisition it absorbing that so abounding humans accept mentioned that one can get any sim to abatement in adulation with any added in the Sims3 and absence the allure arrangement of the Sims2.

Necromancy is bad. Next time, THERE WILL BE NO MERCY.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 August 07, 10:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot have been covered here already. From the fishbowls < fishtanks, blandness of romantic socials (actually most socials in general have become really boring and the most boring ones take too long on top of it). I especially miss the cinematic. It helps emphasizing those crucia/speciall moments in a sims life.
Not being able to bathe the larvae babies and toddlers.
Many objects, like the hut tub and many of the wedding items such as the arch and cake.

What annoys me the most though is that they copied so much from TS2 besides the stuff that would actually help with the TS3 gameplay. They kept yelling in their propganda that socials are important in TS3 and that they would focus on that. So why in the name of Jeebus they didn't include the group option from NL? Even when people in the same household go out together they never return home together. If I want them to change location I have to direct them seperately to do so. This is so incredibly annoying!

Also there's no party clock timer thingy.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: 2009 August 07, 15:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I just got really nostalgic for TS2.

Objects most missed by me would have to be, almost all of the Freetime interact-able objects. I didn't realize how often I put a Robot Making Station or Sewing Machine in my Sims homes. Even the Pottery Wheel; I hated that one most of all the Freetime objects because Sims had to stand up while using it.

And the car that can be worked on? I sooo miss that. Cars in general are missed; I hate the ghostly interaction with them now. I really enjoyed seeing my Sims get in their car and back out of the driveway.

Also, spiral stairs, again. Such space savers.

I also miss tall, narrow dressers.

LOCKABLE DOORS?! I do realize (and have) those locked doors on MTS but, it's only that one door in your buyable objects, not a global function.

I also miss baby's dirty diapers that drop on the floor. Or even the animation of a kid being thrown in the air, and having the dirty diaper to clean up. I hate that swirl animation around baby's when they're being changed.

I also miss the career unlockables of TS2 and aspiration objects.

Just seems like there's nothing to do for my Sims, anymore.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 August 10, 07:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the teleporter stairs from TS1.

I used nothing else.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 August 10, 08:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm missing something apparently very simple - segment of wall that doesn't cut down. I have one in TS2 made by Numenor that is just a change on a basegame script. I hate the fact that internal walls cut down and show things I would like to hide (like stairs). I also like to make phisical separations between bedrooms and bathrooms etc.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 August 12, 01:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thoroly disgusted that they left out stuff that was in the base game of both TS1 and TS2: hot tubs, pool tables, a coffee machine that actually gives energy...  TS3 donesn't even have a freaking dartboard for crying out loud.

I miss the Money Tree, Smartmilk, the Energizer.  TS3 could really use an Energizer.

I also miss so much stuff that came with expansions.  The soccer net, the japanese tea service (I really, really loved this item), the mah jong table, karioke machine, DJ booth, ballet barre, sauna, massage table, the sewing machine (which would be totally useless now that clothes are free, but it was pretty cool in TS2), the tent, the log-rolling thing, the pool slide.

I also miss the cooking contest table where you could actually see who you were competing agaist and what they were entering.  Random cooking contest oprotunity isn't the same at all, espcally since it is only available when it pops up, not whenever you want to enter.  Oh yeah, and the contest food in TS2 was edible after the judging was complete; in TS3 you never see it again.

And oh God how I miss the spiral stairs.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 August 12, 20:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The money tree is in the game as a random rare seed.
Oh yeah!  I forgot.   Tongue  lol  In TS2 I had a moneytree (or 2 or 4) in almost every house.  In TS3, you have to be a pretty high lvl gardener to actually grow the stupid thing, so I very rarely have them.

Gosh, I also miss that convenient Elixer of Life.  Ambrosia is just not the same thing at all.  Anyone and everyone could easily earn enough asperation pts to buy a jug of the Elixer; you need Maxed Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening to make Ambrosia.  It's probably pretty much impossible on the shorter lifespans to ever actually assemble the ingredients unless you use some hack that allows Deathfish and Lifefruit to be sold at the store.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 August 12, 21:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss aspiration failure. It was the BEST part of not being a total control freak. Sad I want meltdowns & freaking out for sims other than the insane ones.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 August 13, 00:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an object, but I miss songs in simlish. It's jarring to me that when I get near a stereo, "I love LA" or "Don't worry 'bout the government" comes blaring out.

INFP or something
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: