More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:48:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Young Adult mouths are higher, any fix for this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Young Adult mouths are higher, any fix for this?  (Read 4603 times)
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Young Adult mouths are higher, any fix for this?
« on: 2009 November 03, 16:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been experiencing an unusual phenomenon.  A search reveals that I may be the only one that has this problem, has noticed this problem, or isn't smart enough to know the keywords to search for to find others reporting this problem.

The problem is I tend to make my sims as Young Adults, and I set their mouth position as appropriate, which is typically using Awesomemod with slider ranges extended, so the mouth usually ends up beyond the game's default lower limit.  The problem with this is every other age seems to use a completely different mouth height.  These YA's spawn have mouths that end up in their chins.  Also, when these sims age up, their mouths also lower quite a bit.  I have noticed indeed that even using the stock slider scale, the mouth drops a little from YA to Adult.  There seems to be a "mouth drop multiplier", in that the amount of drop from YA to Adult (or backwards from YA to teen) is greater the lower I've placed the mouth.

Similarly, if I created my sims initially as Adults and placing the mouth where I want it, it seems they are fine when aged up to Elder or aged down to Teen, but when I age them down to Young Adult, their mouths go up when aged down to Young Adult.

This happens with the EA-made sims supplied in the bin and also without Awesomemod, but since the EA sims always have their mouths so close to their noses, the effect is more subtle.  It's almost impossible to notice with the ones with the really high mouths.  The lower the mouth height, the worse it drops from YA to Adult.

Is this a bug?  I find it ridiculous that part of sims aging formula is the mouth goes up from Teen to YA and then goes back down from YA to Adult.  Is there any way to remedy this by either tweaking the game, or tweaking some morph file?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Young Adult mouths are higher, any fix for this?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 03, 21:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to confirm that I'm seeing this in my (vanilla) game too; it is more noticeable on some face shapes than others. I'm thinking it must be a bug too- the mouth definitely rises during YA and then drops to its previous level at adulthood.
FridaKahlo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 03, 22:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually start my sims out as YAs, but I have noticed this a little bit too. I don't think it's a bug (unless its excessive in your case), I think it's just EA's interpretation of getting older. Everything starts to droop Sad A little too much between YA and A, in my opinion. I would really like a way for my sims to age a bit more gracefully. Less hollowing of cheeks, and no mouth droopage. I don't know why EA made it like that, I mean YAs and As in Sims 2 looked pretty much the same. Another thing I have noticed, is that As have duller skin than YAs. This applies to both vanilla skin and custom skin. I don't like it. Sad
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 04, 02:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this a lot when I first started making sims with the modified sliders. When trying to removing pudding face I changed the jaw line, eye position and moved the mouths to match up better. In my earlier sims it resulted in this happening after birthdays:

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 04, 11:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed it too, I just didn't think much about it. If I don't like how a sim looks when they age up, I end up using "editsim" to fix them.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 04, 12:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a bug (unless its excessive in your case), I think it's just EA's interpretation of getting older. Everything starts to droop Sad A little too much between YA and A, in my opinion.
Ah, but their mouths actually go up when they age from teen to YA. That's not drooping with age. It's not that subtle, either- I think the best thing to do is to make sure a CAS sim is viewed at all ages before accepting.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 05, 16:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a bug (unless its excessive in your case), I think it's just EA's interpretation of getting older. Everything starts to droop Sad A little too much between YA and A, in my opinion.
Ah, but their mouths actually go up when they age from teen to YA. That's not drooping with age. It's not that subtle, either- I think the best thing to do is to make sure a CAS sim is viewed at all ages before accepting.

That's right.  Spawn of my sims also have droopy mouths as children and I think toddlers as well.  I think it has to be a bug.  You just can't really tell with EA-made sims because their mouths are squashed up against their noses to begin with.  For my sims, it's quite bad.  I wonder if there is any way to edit their character files so that the mouth position is correct for every age.  I can only suspect the slider values are defined in the SIMO files since there aren't a whole lot of other files I could find that might store those values, but I don't know how to decode those.  It seems to be XML and binary embedded together in a binary file of some sort.

Here are a couple:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: