More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Misplaced Graves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Misplaced Graves  (Read 11180 times)
maplebautista
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Misplaced Graves
« on: 2009 June 10, 12:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so actually I posted this in other forums as well, but I hope someone can shed some light on my problem.  Undecided

In Sunset Valley, I have my own family.  After a while, I switched to playing the Goths.

Mortimer by then is a teenager, while Gunther and Cornelia are elders.  So, no problem yet.

The problem arose when I switched back to my family for a few days, then I went back to the Goths.  Now Mortimer is a young adult, Gunther is still an elder, but now Cornelia is dead, and I can't find her grave!!

My question: is there an easy way to locate the wayward graves?  It kinda sucks having to look for it all over town. Sad

Thanks in advance!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Misplaced Graves
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 10, 12:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have an answer, but I'll ask you, instead: if this is a question, why do you posted it in a "Facts and Strategery" thread?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Yuva
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 23, 20:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar problem:

I switched to the Goth family after playing another family for a while. By that time Mortimer was a young adult, both his parents dead and their graves nowhere to be found. They are not in the mausoleum either. I figure graves only stay there for a little while because otherwise the thing would be cramped in no time.

My question:

Is there a way to force spawn graves or any other way to get hold of those ghosts? Huh Because I'd really like them back...
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 23, 20:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you click on the mausoleum and use "Manage the Dead"?
Yuva
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 23, 20:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can. And I did. And I got the box with the gravestones, but their's weren't there.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 20:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dead Sims can probably be found in the Mausoleum (graveyard rabbithole), but you need to be a 'loved one' of the deceased.
In my experience, this is the case most of the time. However, I have ended up with the odd gravestone of a sim that none of my sims have ever met, and one time my playable sim's mother (who lived on another lot) died and her grave simply did not appear anywhere.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 20:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you look in Mortimer's inventory?
Yuva
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 20:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. And that of his motherless son (I played the neighboorhood pre-awesome) and the family inventory aswell. Nothing.
OhGeez
Tasty Tourist

G*d D*mmit Leeroy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 26, 20:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have a problem with missing gravestones. I'll switch from one of my sims to another family member, then they or another family member will just die without notice or messege. So I'll use the dead sim's wife to go to the mausoleum to 'manage dead' so I can get their gravestone, but they aren't there. So i check their inventories and they aren't there. Then I search the neighborhood ground and nothing.  I don't mind them dying without me there, but I would at least like their gravestone, I can't switch back and forth every night to check if they died. Is it just me? Huh
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 26, 20:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent off a sim to bury his mother when she died, and I did not have the option to manage the dead any longer.  I had only used it once early on in the game, so I do not know exactly when it disappeared.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 26, 20:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to add one more to the list .. same problem here. For some sims I get a pop-up saying they died, and in those cases there'll always be *some*one in the nhood who can manage them (even though there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what sim that is). Others just, poof, disappear. All of the sims in my neighbourhood know each other, it's only six households, so this is not because nobody knew or liked the dead sim. 
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 26, 21:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to find the gravestone for one of my sims who died off-lot while playable.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 29, 00:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the only way to "fix" this is to create a mod that forces all dead sims's gravestone to the mausoleum. I haven't experienced this myself but I heard people saying they found the gravestone at the spot the sim died. It'd still be a pain to go searching the entire hood for a gravestone though. Didn't read the entire list of the new patch so not sure if this has been adressed there.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 29, 03:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had thought she was at library (seems to be where they all run off to every time Supreme Commander takes over) so I had searched there, but I did get a screen shot of her ghost and Grimmy before it auto-zoomed me back to my lot for whatever reason. I double checked and sure enough I was wrong she was at the gym and her urn was right there waiting still. Now if I could find the final resting place of one last sim I would be happy. Do not in play sims that aren't close to your playables leave urns/tombstones, or is it a lost cause?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 29, 13:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure they all leave somehting (urn/thombstone/data in your game which enables you to access their ghost some way somehow) behind. Finding that something seems to be the problem.

It would be nice if they have coded the game so all death sims get transported to the mausoleum automatically no matter where/how they died and let you able to take the thombstone not matter level of relationship. Death sims don't get deleted so the data is still there. Maybe we'll be able to access it with sim3pe or whatever the new simpe for TS3 is called or with other TS3 modding tools.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 29, 15:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those with the missing tombstones, check the household inventory, in some circumstances graves get placed there.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 29, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I would understand if some of them disappeared entirely, if they weren't at all connected, but the paticular sim I want to find now used to live in their house, is connected on the family tree and shares the last name. using a copy of the game I went into the lot she lived on and checked her son's inventory, household inventory, the entire lot, had the son check the mausoleum and then systematically checked every lot she frequented (to my knowledge) and still no luck.

My next plan is to go to a back up, clone her, age her, stick her in the bin with the same name plop her into the hood and befriend and kill her off just to get  her into the cemetary... but that seems like a lot of work.
OhGeez
Tasty Tourist

G*d D*mmit Leeroy!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 29, 22:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Kransp, that does seem like alot of work. Really takes away from my experience when playing, instead of being excited to advance my families, I'm checking constantly the family tree to see if a sim grayed out without my oversight. Perferably, I would like to avoid hacking myself with simPE and for the graves to just go into the mausoleum, you know... the way I thought it would work when I bought the game :| , but it seems the EA ship has sailed.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 29, 23:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I would understand if some of them disappeared entirely, if they weren't at all connected, but the paticular sim I want to find now used to live in their house, is connected on the family tree and shares the last name. using a copy of the game I went into the lot she lived on and checked her son's inventory, household inventory, the entire lot, had the son check the mausoleum and then systematically checked every lot she frequented (to my knowledge) and still no luck.

My next plan is to go to a back up, clone her, age her, stick her in the bin with the same name plop her into the hood and befriend and kill her off just to get  her into the cemetary... but that seems like a lot of work.

Wouldn't do that if I were you. You'd still have a lost sim floating somewhere in the hood. As tedious as it is, I'd try scanning the entire hood. Though the only way we could really solve this problem is by hacking the game.

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 30, 15:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing here.
Mortimer's parents have passed with no tombstones, 3 elders in my first family are dead as well, no tombstones. One of the latest batch of elders to die had a girlfriend, which I moved into the house they used to live before passing. Thought maybe she could manage their graves, but no.
Then she goes and dies too, and again no tombstone. Having had Awesomemod right after the first death, I thought they at least now would go into someone's inventory, but NOOOOO of course not.

No one in the neighbourhood has ever had the chance to find their graves in the Mausoleum, first 3 townies to die were there though. After that the game doesn't even tell me if they die.
Tried searching community lots with no luck, looked in every bush and building foundation, NOTHING. Seems like the last place they'd be are the houses they lived in, or their friends' houses, or something that would make sense. So far I haven't even seen anyone die, except maybe once in front of the theater, just before the tombstone disappeared. That was probably the last one in the mausoleum.

Has some patch bugged this out, why didn't EA do anything about it? I was hoping there'd been at least SOMETHING in the new patch, but the closest thing was NO GRIMMY BABIES.
 Angry

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Sknsarp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 31, 05:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't do that if I were you. You'd still have a lost sim floating somewhere in the hood. As tedious as it is, I'd try scanning the entire hood. Though the only way we could really solve this problem is by hacking the game.

Are you suggesting that the theoretical existence of two of the "same" sims would somehow break something, or just that she (the original) might be taking up extra resources as one more ghost I am not worried about freely roaming wherever she may be? because I am sure that if she exists somewhere, then so do at least a sozen or more (so far) neighbors that it keeps calling and telling me they died... I didn't even get that for her. Though it would have saved me a lot of hassle. I got that message after the father moved out so I had one call him the next day to visit, he came, chatted, died and I didn't have to wonder where his tombstone was.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: