More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 00:27:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Bought game + crack = ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bought game + crack = ?  (Read 4303 times)
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Bought game + crack = ?
« on: 2009 June 10, 09:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it turns out my brother bought Sims 3 for my niece Roll Eyes and is planning to install it. If I provide him with a crack, is he going to be able to avoid the horror of SecuROM, or am I going to have to remove the damn malware from his computer? I are confused about when exactly it's activated. Halp?
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Bought game + crack = ?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 10, 09:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no SecuROM in Sims 3. Don't let the game install the EA Download Manager when it asks, it's not needed and it apparently has SecuROM. If you're still paranoid, SecuROM isn't activated until the game is installed and you click the EXE to launch the game. If the original EXE is replaced with the crack before this is done, all is safe.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 10, 09:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much, I was under the impressions Sims 3 was just like the last few Sims 2 EPs...this is a relief.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 10, 14:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Don't let the game install the EA Download Manager when it asks, it's not needed and it apparently has SecuROM.

I don't think it's securom, but it's certainly got something.  I had the EADM, and uninstalled it.  I searched for securom but found nothing.  It is true, however, that the EADM is not needed and there are numerous reports from MATY members that it causes problems with the running of your system.  EADM = just say no.

Also, install with the computer offline so it does not phone home during the install process. 
There is a no-cd crack incorporated into the awesomemod (read the RTFM of the mod for installation and configuration instructions).

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: