More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:55:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Anyone with answer?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone with answer?  (Read 7376 times)
LadyVatrovia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Anyone with answer?
« on: 2009 June 07, 17:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sent an e-mail of the following to EA tech. Anyone that may have answers? I would greatly appreciate your intelligence here as I am ignorant on the subjects as to how to fix it

*I still do not have the Sim points I was to get with the purchase of the game
*I can't get the download manager to even open
*My Sims are on their own drive, it has no Internet connection and all is shut down for better game performance...how does the download manager work with that, ONCE I GET IT TO OPEN?

Thank you for your time,
CloudDancer Mogle (LadyV)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Anyone with answer?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 07, 19:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstall the Download manager.  It has SecuRom.  You don't need it anyhow.

As for your points, register your game?  You can do that directly on the site so you don't need to have your gaming computer hooked up to the net for that.
LadyVatrovia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 07, 23:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did register the game and clicked on the "Redeem your points here" link in the e-mail...nothing. I have logged out and back in...I've done everything I know to try  Sad
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 08, 00:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw numerous people on the sims 3 forum complaining about this. They all seemed to get the same email back saying the points were in their account when they really weren't. I then decided to do something for the lulz. I made a new account and logged into EA customer support. I told them I didn't get my points. Got the same exact email back from "Azuri"?? saying they were in my account. I replied with "O rly? but I haven't even registered a game." No reply back, no points either.  Cheesy
WerewolfOfTheWater
Asinine Airhead

derp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 08, 01:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw numerous people on the sims 3 forum complaining about this. They all seemed to get the same email back saying the points were in their account when they really weren't. I then decided to do something for the lulz. I made a new account and logged into EA customer support. I told them I didn't get my points. Got the same exact email back from "Azuri"?? saying they were in my account. I replied with "O rly? but I haven't even registered a game." No reply back, no points either.  Cheesy

Wow. Just...wow.

You don't even
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 08, 07:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome.
Chasing Sanity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 08, 13:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did register the game and clicked on the "Redeem your points here" link in the e-mail...nothing. I have logged out and back in...I've done everything I know to try  Sad
Did you follow the link properly? The 'redeem your points' link in the email should take you to your account, which should have an orange 'redeem points' button.
LadyVatrovia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 08, 14:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've hit that link a couple of time now and there is no orange button anywhere to be found
greengirl
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 08, 14:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lurk, but thought I'd pop out to share something I noticed on my account yesterday. If I click on the Store, then on my account, then click on account details, the orange button "Redeem FREE SimPoints" shows there.  HTH!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 09, 14:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstall the Download manager.  It has SecuRom.  You don't need it anyhow.

Further to this, I had the download manager installed and experienced all manner of slowdowns on my system due to the "core.exe" shit that loaded on system startup.  Uninstalling EADM and associated EAL and Core entries in the registry fixed this.  I checked for standard securom entries in registry but did not find anything.  Whatever it is, I concur - EADM is a big 'do not want'.

Tribulatio proxima est
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 09, 17:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Download Manager has an icon in the System Tray when it is running.  Right-click on the icon and go to Settings, and uncheck the box that says "Start automatically when starting windows".  I did that and the EADM hasn't run since until I manually started it up just now.

Also worthy of note is that when I did run it just now it downloaded an update and brought up an installer (apparently it doesn't patch itself but needs user intervention and a re-confirmation of the ToS - blech).  I ran the update installation, went to the settings and had to uncheck the box mentioned above (again).  If the EADM re-activates its startup functionality every time it updates then EA fails yet again.  How hard is it to leave my preferences alone?

Lastly, I never got an e-mail from EA to redeem my points.  They were automatically added when I registered my game.  If it matters, I already had an active user account when I registered; maybe registering a new account & a game at the same time is supposed to result in a different process?

Edited to add: I registered my game on the website and not through the EADM.  The EADM may have a different points-redemption process than going through the website.

*goes back to lurking*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: