More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:08:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  House move fail
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House move fail  (Read 4222 times)
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
House move fail
« on: 2009 June 14, 22:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blargh. I took the risk of moving my sim out of his extremely overcrowded trailer and into his spacious new manor, knowing that it would somehow go wrong. Of course, the game says it will pack all the furniture and leave it in the inventory; except it didn't pack any of the lot's outdoor objects including weight sets, stolen patio sets, the statue from the town square and his recently deceased wife's tombstone. He's a klepto, so he could probably steal it all back but it will take weeks. Does anyone know of a quicker and easier way of getting all this stuff back?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: House move fail
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 15, 00:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move him back into the trailer lot, put the stuff in his family inventory (are you sure it didn't place copies in the family inventory?) and then move back out.
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 15, 21:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware when switching house holds; you will lose anything stored in the fridge. Sucks when you have a large harvest of lifefruit and death fish stored in there. If you want your main lot to keep anything stored on objects, make sure to move them into a personal pocket as well.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 15, 23:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beware when switching house holds; you will lose anything stored in the fridge. Sucks when you have a large harvest of lifefruit and death fish stored in there. If you want your main lot to keep anything stored on objects, make sure to move them into a personal pocket as well.

When I moved my family, I got all the contents of my fridge including leftovers with me. The fish, however, were moved to my family inventory and I can't do anything with them as they can't be dragged to a fridge and they can't be placed on the ground. Didn't try with moveobjects on, though, and come to think of it, I SHOULD try that. XD

I also got everything that was placed outside with me. And I got ALL furniture right down to toilets, counters and the like. O.o

My Moving!Fail was that afterwards some of the items were stuck in some sort of non-customizable default color scheme and I had to sell them and buy new things to get a sensible color scheme. D: Happened with a mirror, a dresser, a living chair, a bed, a sink, and a few other objects.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 16, 09:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, finally got it back. Most of the stuff later appared in the family inventory (but not right away, mysteriously). The rest I just swiped back.

My fridge contents did come with me though. I also had fish in the inventory, and they can be moved back with moveobjects on. And I also had the non-customisable problem too with the fridge.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 16, 09:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving is a big pain in the butt. Almost half of the items my sim took with him when he moved, were non customizable. I even had a few objects that couldn't be used after placed in the family inventory from a move. (Two chairs, complained route was blocked though placed them in the middle of a room with nothing near.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: