More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:43:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is Something Borked? No "Change Appearance" Option on Mirrors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is Something Borked? No "Change Appearance" Option on Mirrors  (Read 10433 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Is Something Borked? No "Change Appearance" Option on Mirrors
« on: 2009 June 08, 10:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say, I've been pretty lucky where issues are concerned.  I haven't had any of the installation issues or persistent crashing that seems to be running rampant.  I've had only one crash on loading with Awesomeware here which was fixed by a simple reload.

I just realized, though, that while going to change appearances on one of my sims, I have no option to do so on any of the mirrors in-game.  I also went and bought a dresser after reading that there was no way to purchase clothes in Sims 3, and the option to plan outfit was greyed out.  Granted, I have not gotten any of them any clothes besides the ones they initially came with via CAS but I figure I should still have that option since it is, presumably, how you add/change clothing.
It's very possible that I'm getting how to do these things wrong, but if that isn't the issue then does anyone have any idea why I have no Change Appearance option on the mirrors? If I am remembering correctly, I was able to change appearance on my first trial game in Springvale (Springview?). I have been using the Awesomeware with the config file which enables traits x4 in CAS. The problem is, even after removing Awesomeware and regenerating all caches, I am still unable to see an option to Change Appearance.

Does this sound borked, or am I just missing something play-wise?  Has anyone been using Riverview without problems?  Has anyone seen a similar issue?
 Everything seems perfectly fine except for this. I can't rule out that I'm just missing something, though.
I'd really appreciate any advice from someone way, way more awesome than I.
Thanks a lot.
Ezura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Is Something Borked? No "Change Appearance" Option on Mirrors
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 08, 10:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your Sims wearing their "Work" clothes?
My Sims can't plan clothing while they wear them (why not I don't get).
Try clicking on them and dress them in something else and see if that fixes the problem.
Also try replacing the mirror/dresser with new ones, the old ones might be bugged.

I have high-functioning autism.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 08, 11:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims also can't change appearance when wearing their work clothes. As soon as you change then to anything else (formal, casual, PJs, no matter) the options reappear on the mirror and dresser....
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 08, 12:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which ... is there any way at all to change the appearance of toddlers?
Ezura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 08, 12:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of which ... is there any way at all to change the appearance of toddlers?

Yes, if you they use a mirror that stands on the floor, there should be a "Change Appearance", but the toddler has to click the mirror, not in Sims 2 where an adult had to click the mirror.
The option is on the Wall Mirror too, but they can't reach up to it, so the option will just cancel out. (think the same thing is for kids too)

I have high-functioning autism.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 08, 13:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(think the same thing is for kids too)

For kids no, wall mirror works; it's only toddlers who need a full size mirror.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 08, 15:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(think the same thing is for kids too)

For kids no, wall mirror works; it's only toddlers who need a full size mirror.
Toddlers can use any mirror, actually. Just changed appearance on a toddler last night. Household only has the cheapest wall mirror.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 08, 16:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also didn't have the option to change appearance with a pregnant sim. She was wearing the everyday pregnancy sweats and the option to change appearance was not available in her mirror. (I had wanted to change the pink sweat pants and orange tshirt colors to a non-clashing combination.)

Interestingly, she got a different sweatsuit for the second pregnancy in a black and white color scheme that matches her normal everyday colors. Are the color options of the sweats randomly generated or are they based on skintones as some of the outfits were in the earlier Sims? I am curious if they will continue to repeat earlier color schemes in future pregnancies and if there is a way change the pregnancy sweats or sleepwear to another option. As yet, I haven't figured out how to change them into a second or third outfit option. 
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 08, 16:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the color options of the sweats randomly generated or are they based on skintones as some of the outfits were in the earlier Sims?

I've had fairly non-ugly dresses for pregnancy wear; I think it's all random.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 08, 16:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also noticed that pregnant sims can't change appearance? Once they've spun into the maternity clothing (ugh, those tracksuits) their hair changes to that ponytail with the clip? I've only had two pregnant sims, but as I like changing their hair every other day I noticed this little "feature" rather quickly.

Edit: Ninja'd  by Ciane.

I also didn't have the option to change appearance with a pregnant sim. She was wearing the everyday pregnancy sweats and the option to change appearance was not available in her mirror. (I had wanted to change the pink sweat pants and orange tshirt colors to a non-clashing combination.)

Interestingly, she got a different sweatsuit for the second pregnancy in a black and white color scheme that matches her normal everyday colors. Are the color options of the sweats randomly generated or are they based on skintones as some of the outfits were in the earlier Sims? I am curious if they will continue to repeat earlier color schemes in future pregnancies and if there is a way change the pregnancy sweats or sleepwear to another option. As yet, I haven't figured out how to change them into a second or third outfit option. 
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 08, 16:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims mauled by the bear in the Catacombs can't change appearance, too. I suspect it's also true for electrocuted sims. I think it's the game way to force you to have a bath.

Toddlers can use any mirror, actually. Just changed appearance on a toddler last night. Household only has the cheapest wall mirror.

I wonder if I couldn't because my wall mirror is over a dresser, and the toddler can't crawl close enough. The option, indeed, appears (i.e. the menu is not grayed) but when the toddler approaches that mirror the action drops.
I have no toddlers at hand, in this moment, to test this hypothesis, so if anyone else wants, please do.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 08, 17:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe toddlers also work with dressers. I was surprised...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 08, 17:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if I couldn't because my wall mirror is over a dresser, and the toddler can't crawl close enough. The option, indeed, appears (i.e. the menu is not grayed) but when the toddler approaches that mirror the action drops.
I have no toddlers at hand, in this moment, to test this hypothesis, so if anyone else wants, please do.
Mine's directly over the dresser. Is the kid absent-minded?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 08, 18:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine's directly over the dresser. Is the kid absent-minded?

No; that's weird. I will try other options next time I spawn some toddlers.

------
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 08, 22:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are your Sims wearing their "Work" clothes?
My Sims can't plan clothing while they wear them (why not I don't get).
Try clicking on them and dress them in something else and see if that fixes the problem.

Sims also can't change appearance when wearing their work clothes. As soon as you change then to anything else (formal, casual, PJs, no matter) the options reappear on the mirror and dresser....

Wow, you guys are good.  That was the problem.  Both of the sims I'm playing have only one outfit besides their work uniforms, so I would just leave them in their work clothes.  They've been wearing the same outfit for weeks....Good thing they can't tell or I'd have some very pinched looking sims.
Thanks a lot for the help.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 11, 04:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims mauled by the bear in the Catacombs can't change appearance, too. I suspect it's also true for electrocuted sims. I think it's the game way to force you to have a bath.

Color me confused on the subject, but the simchild ugly pudding I was playing earlier tonight was mauled by a zombie bear in the Catacombs, and I was able to change her appearance with no problems (and thus, without a bath) right afterwards. 

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 13, 22:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Color me confused on the subject, but the simchild ugly pudding I was playing earlier tonight was mauled by a zombie bear in the Catacombs, and I was able to change her appearance with no problems (and thus, without a bath) right afterwards. 

Huh? Did you say something?  Roll Eyes
Every time I see one of your posts, I get stuck watching your avatar over and over. Then I think of Zaphod and Don't Panic and wonder if Douglas Adams is hitchhiking through the eternal galaxy....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: