More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:08:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 199922 times)
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #225 on: 2009 June 13, 21:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched for NoCD and did not find it in this thread... I only get the startup CTD when I try to use the NoCD (launching from the TS3.exe instead of the launcher as advised) - of course, if I use the Launcher, I can't use the NoCD, but then my game loads fine with the Awesome Mod.  Huh
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2009 June 13, 21:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched for NoCD and did not find it in this thread... I only get the startup CTD when I try to use the NoCD (launching from the TS3.exe instead of the launcher as advised) - of course, if I use the Launcher, I can't use the NoCD, but then my game loads fine with the Awesome Mod.  Huh

From the awesome mod thread:

CONSOLE & DEBUG FEATURES:
1.  Configure AwesomeMod Dynamically!
     Use code "showconfig" to see all current AwesomeMod configurations.
     Use code "setconfig <option> <value" to change an option.
     Configuration does not save, changes are for this session only.
     Use online AwesomeMod Config File Generator to make persistent changes.
2.  Integrated NoCD: Don't Kill Your CD Drive! [Optional - Default: Enabled]
3.  Debug commands Enableable  [Optional - Default: Disabled]
     Use code "setconfig enabledebugcommands true" to enable this option,
     or set as enabled in optional config.
4.  "maxmotives" cheat added. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?
5.  Additional codes for "destroyallhumans". Also townies, npcs.
6.  "dresser <SIM NAME>", "mirror <SIM NAME>". Self-explanatory.
7.  Shift-Click a sim to use new "Select Sim" option.

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2009 June 13, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OOOOkay!

From that same thread:

Just wanted to pop in and say thank you Pescado for such a great mod. I used just about all of your modification for the Sims 2. When I heard of the Awesome mod, it was an immediate download. You always address some of the most annoying things about the Sims games. Also want to thank all of you who provide needed help to those of us who have questions and difficulty getting things to work. The information you provide is most appreciated. Like the NoCd info above. I was just about to ask how you get that feature to work.  Grin

The NoCD will work if you load from the base .exe found iiiiiin..

Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin

Launcher won't let you use the NoCD, I only really load up the launcher for downloaded content etc.

I may be in for an Epic Phail, but I can't see how your quoting the description helps with my post.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2009 June 13, 21:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, sorry, I only understood what exactly you meant when I read your post for like a tenth time.
Your statement that you haven't found anything on this thread about NoCD distracted me in the wrong direction.
Well there are solutions here how to make the game not to crash, loading not from the launcher, so now I'm not sure I understand, what exactly your problem is?

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2009 June 13, 22:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Since I don't really have the inclination to read through 10 pages of Startup Crashes from version 1 of the Awesome Mod, I searched for NoCD to see if anyone was having the Startup Crash (startup CTD) while using the NoCD instead of the Launcher. Since I found no instances of NoCD using the Search function in this thread, I figured I would let it be known that with the Awesome Mod:
- if I use the Launcher the game loads and runs fine;
- if I use the NoCD by pointing the the shortcut to use TS3.exe instead of the Launcher (Sims3Launcher.exe), I get the Startup Crash.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2009 June 13, 22:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to reassure some, I have been using Awesomemod from the start. I have the noscripterrors file and I'm running from the original noCD.exe. I disable the awesomemod noCD option. I'm running RELOADED version with the RAZOR patch. I do not delete caches or anything else when I update awesomemod. I plonk the new awesomemod and the new config in the correct folder and boot the game.

I have had a sum total of two crashes, both at the second ray of the bootup sequence, so I know it's not the mod.

I'm just saying it is perfectly possible to run this thing properly and I wonder if a lot of the problems are not user error.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2009 June 13, 22:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Forgive my blondness if I say something stupid now, but... you're running the pirated version, so the exe file with which you start the game is the one that doesn't ask for a cd (the one that's in the crack folder somewhere, or something like that). So you disabled the nocd since you don't need it. I'm running the original, not through the launcher but directly the TS3.exe, but since mine is the original install from the cd, I'm keeping the nocd in the awesomemod, because if I disable the nocd it will ask me for a cd?
So somehow the TS3.exe that comes with the pirated version works better with the mod?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2009 June 13, 23:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So somehow the TS3.exe that comes with the pirated version works better with the mod?

Not necessarily, I just wanted to describe my setup as one that works for me. If I hadn't had a noCD exe I would have happily used awesomemod's one. Basically I've just been too lazy to change it, if it ain't broke ...

Melpomene
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2009 June 14, 00:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that my problem is very specific.

First off, I play on a Mac.
Here is how it's configured:

Applications>The Sims 3>Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources>Transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3

Then, within that last Sims 3 folder is: Caches, Game, Game Data, Thumbnails, resource.cfg, and Mods (within that is Packages and framework).

I've deleted all of the cache files in My Documents. I've also tried getting the mod to work in these ways:

First, I placed my framework folder outside of the Mods folder. Putting the awesome.zip file once in the framework Mods folder and once in the root Mods>Packages folder, I ran the game (deleting my caches both times). When the awesome.zip file was placed inside the ROOT Mods>Packages folder, I got a CTD. When it was placed in the FRAMEWORK Mods folder, the awesomemod was nowhere to be found during gameplay. The enablescripterror.package file crashed the game immediately in every instance.

So, then I figured that the framework folder should go inside of the Mods folder. I did that and repeated what I had done before. When the awesome.zip file was placed in the ROOT Mods>Packages folder, I got a CTD. When it was placed in the FRAMEWORK Mods folder, the awesomemod didn't show up in gameplay.

My next thought was that maybe an existing mod was screwing around with it. I moved all of my mods to the desktop except for the awesomemod. I still had the same problem with the CTD or the mod not showing up at all. I also reinstalled my resource.cfg. Interestingly enough, when I removed the resource.cfg file from the root folder entirely, I got no CTD. However, I'm aware that my custom content wouldn't show up at all in that case.

If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me!
bottles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2009 June 14, 01:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mac OS X Leopard, waayyy over requirements for The Sims 3.

At first I deleted only mods that would obviously conflict with Awesomemod (Delphy's slider hack).

Installed framework (overwrote the files I already had because I'm dumb).
Installed Awesomemod + config file.
>>>crash
Inserted enablescripterror.
>>>crash
Removed ALL nonawesomemod custom content.
>>>crash
Tried organizing all the mod files in a billion ways.
>>>crash every time
Cleared all the caches.
>>>crash every time
Reinstalled framework and awesomemod.
>>>crash
Remove everything but what came with the game.
>>>crash

NOTHING I have done works. I've read this entire thread and not one thing works. D:

I don't know how to disable the launcher, so that's what's trying to load. Every crash is exactly the same. The game pretends it is going to load for about three seconds and then CTDs before even getting to the launcher with an "unknown error" and that's it.

Edit:

Also, I'm using the retail version, and just the store content I had so far. I also had some exchange stuff, but it was all patterns.
Anyway, reinstalled the game entirely, and it's loaded now.

Edit2:

All the CC in game which was in Sims3Pack form is already in the game now. Also my saved games are still there and a-okay. I don't know why that is. So stuff from the store, the exchange, and houses from MTS3 are all already installed.
Also! I learned what happens if you load a saved game with a missing CAS pattern. The texture is black. No other ill-effects.

Edit3:

Inserted Delphy's resaurce.cfg thinger. Added the Mods and Packages folders manually where they belong. Didn't touch the Framework thinger from here, so that one .dll that goes in Game/Bin isn't there. No config file. So the game starts, but just past the intro, it freezes up. The plumbob doesn't shine, the loadie bar doesn't fill, no music, etc. I have to force-quit.

Edit4:

Added Aweconf, same stall on loadie screen. Added enablescripterror, and got a CTD AFTER starting the game from the launcher. Slight improvement.

Added the .dll from the framework.zip in Game/Bin, deleted the aweconf. No CTD before the intro video. Now I'm letting the intro run through... and this time it worked! There's music and loading happening! More updates to come.

(Hopefully this may help anyone who had no luck with anything else... reinstall the game, everything will be okay.)

final edit:

So my voodoo fix was reinstalling the game and then finding the right combination of arbitrary file-shuffling until I unborked it.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 04:50:04 by bottles » Logged

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2009 June 14, 06:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Melpomene

Awesomemod is meant to be unzipped - it has to be awesome.package, not awesome.zip.
Also, your configuration HAS to be like that below; check.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2009 June 14, 11:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the crash to desktop on load after installing awesomemod+framework. I followed instructions to delete the cache files and added the enablescripterror.package file to the install. The game then loaded okay and I started playing. Two of the sims went to work and I double-clicked their picture to check their work activity. The first sim selected ok, the second selected and gave me the error below. I can still select another sim then reset the error and continue playing. Is this ok in the same way that it was ok to reset certain errors in TS2 and continue? Awesomemod is the only addition to the game and I'm running the retail exe windowed via a direct shortcut.

Error details (as I can't upload XML files here)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <ScriptError Version="6" Type="MiniScriptError" MaxRecursionDepth="0">
  <ExceptionData>simulating object is null unable to obtain an interaction object A null value was found where an object instance was required. #0: 0x00014 ldfld.r4 in Sims3.Gameplay.Skills.Athletic+PushSelfTone:OnSelectionBegin (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance) (115D91C0 [115EFD68] ) #1: 0x0006f callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:SetCurrentTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Tone) (115EFD68 [115D91C0] ) #2: 0x00024 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:set_CurrentTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Tone) (115EFD68 [115D91C0] ) #3: 0x0014a callvirt in Awesome.Awesome.Athletics:AutoSetTone (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Interaction`2) ([291437928/0x115efd68] ) #4: 0x0001b call in Sims3.Gameplay.Abstracts.AthleticGameObject+WorkOut:ConfigureInteraction () () #5: 0x0000b callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition`3:Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionDefinition.CreateInstanceFromParameters (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&) (04F51AD0 [vt:0E3259C4] ) #6: 0x00010 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.InteractionCandidate:CreateInstance (Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstanceParameters&) (167FE540 [vt:0E3259C4] ) #7: 0x00032 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:AssignProbabilitiesAndChooseInteraction () () #8: 0x000c3 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.CommodityKind,bool) (16A369A0
  • [1] ) #9: 0x00019 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:RunAutonomy (bool) (16A369A0 [1] ) #10: 0x00002 call in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Autonomy:TryFindBestAction () () #11: 0x00026 callvirt in Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.Sims3.Gameplay.Autonomy.AutonomyManager:Simulate () () #12: 0x00022 ldc.i4.0 in ScriptCore.ScriptCore.ScriptProxy:Simulate () ()</ExceptionData>
- <GameData>
  <BuildType>Release Mono</BuildType>
  <CommandLine>C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe -w</CommandLine>
  <Game_Version>1.0.631.00002</Game_Version>
  <Code_Version>0.DL-0.0.11195</Code_Version>
  <Content_Version>1.Content.Devtest.1397</Content_Version>
  <Thumbnail_Version>1.Thumbnail.dl.933</Thumbnail_Version>
  <TCC_Version>1.TCC.dl.1209</TCC_Version>
  <Build_Version>0.0.0.11195</Build_Version>
  <Type>Release</Type>
  <Timestamp>2009-04-29-1826</Timestamp>
  <CPU_Level>High</CPU_Level>
  <GPU_Level>UltraHigh</GPU_Level>
  <Game_Start>2009-06-14 11:33:29</Game_Start>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\</Data>
  <Overrides>(none)</Overrides>
  <Exe_Path>C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\</Exe_Path>
  <User>codebuilder</User>
  <Host>SIMS-BUILD108</Host>
  </GameData>
  <ObjectData />
  </ScriptError>

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2009 June 14, 11:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not clear to me how you accomplished this feat, and I've heavily explored the Athletics skill, but I will add some more sanity traps.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Melpomene
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2009 June 14, 12:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geez, I wrote that late.

It WAS the awesome.package file. Either way, I fail.<<

EDIT:
...and whaddya know? It works! Thanks so much! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 13:11:29 by Melpomene » Logged
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2009 June 14, 13:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not clear to me how you accomplished this feat, and I've heavily explored the Athletics skill, but I will add some more sanity traps.

I just had another look at the error log I posted and realise that it probably applied to a 3rd sim who was at home working out on the weights machine as I'd set her exercise mode to 'push it'. Maybe the game had unloaded some of the not currently in view home lot content including the exercise machine so it was referencing an unloaded object. It's the sort of object management fuck-up that could easily happen.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2009 June 14, 18:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had my first crash today: deleting the four (name)Cache.package files fixed it immediately. Huzzah!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baila
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2009 June 15, 05:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The awesomemod sounds awesome in theory, but in reality its awesomeness is stifled by its inability to work at all for me. I have the mod and the configuration package in the Mods/Packages folder, and the Resource file is in place; I'm no dummy, I've been around the modding block a time or two. I've even deleted all four cache files, and every time I start the game, it freezes on the loading screen directly after the intro. I do not have any other hacks installed besides Hysterical Paradoxyism's skins, and I've removed them just in case of incompatibility. I even tried the ominously-named "enablescripterror" package, which did exactly what its ominous name suggested, it crashed my game before even getting to the intro. All of this was tried multiple times, with the newly-regenerated cache files and without... And so far nothing has worked.

So will someone tell me what in god's name else there is to try? Why is this mod so finicky?
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2009 June 15, 08:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my first CTD on startup yesterday and for me it is not random at all.

You see, through all the versions of Awesomemod I NEVER bothered to remove retail DVD out of the drive or dismount reloaded iso before that. I always deleted cash files (and if I don't it would crash even with DVD in). Yesterday I needed my DVD drive for something else and decided to test nocd feature of awesomemod. And without DVD in the drive the game almost never boots no matter how much woodoo debugging suggested in this thread I perform. In fact, without DVD in I managed to load retail version (patched) just once.

I hope it might help to reproduce the issue.

Edited for typo.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 15, 09:49:27 by Eliste » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2009 June 15, 09:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The awesomemod sounds awesome in theory, but in reality its awesomeness is stifled by its inability to work at all for me. I have the mod and the configuration package in the Mods/Packages folder, and the Resource file is in place; I'm no dummy, I've been around the modding block a time or two. I've even deleted all four cache files, and every time I start the game, it freezes on the loading screen directly after the intro. I do not have any other hacks installed besides Hysterical Paradoxyism's skins, and I've removed them just in case of incompatibility. I even tried the ominously-named "enablescripterror" package, which did exactly what its ominous name suggested, it crashed my game before even getting to the intro. All of this was tried multiple times, with the newly-regenerated cache files and without... And so far nothing has worked.
Freezing on the loading screen, as opposed to simply crashing, is failure to install the Framework correctly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
everylittleearthquake
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2009 June 15, 10:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the mod and followed all the instructions, and have had no problems with the game loading, but it always crashes (to the desktop) after I play with a family for a few minutes... I tried removing the enablescripterror.package and it still didn't work. Anyone got any tips on what I should try to make it work?

I did read througha few pages of this topic but I wasn't really getting anywhere as most people's problem seems to be crashing while loading, not the same as me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2009 June 15, 10:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You aren't the first person to report this issue, but I cannot reproduce it. If you could tell me exactly what game settings you used and exactly what you did to cause this crash, I might be able to reproduce this issue, but my game runs stably for hours at a time, so issues with crashing in-game cannot be reproduced.

everylittleearthquake
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2009 June 15, 10:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly, once it happened after I changed from live to buying mode - but that was actually not the game crashing, it just froze.

It actually crashed 3 times, once was after I had set a sim to do a number of things (eating, going to the bathroom, sleeping or something like that) and another time I think it happened while one of my sism was writing and the other was fishing (but that probably doesn't have anything to do with anything Tongue), and all the times it happened about 5 or less since I had started playing with the family.

As for game settings I have it as 1024x768, graphically it's mostly set as average, I have aging off, story progression on and I have no other mods installed. I'm not sure if that's enought but I can check the whole settings if necessary.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2009 June 15, 11:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That information should be enough, yes. Given that I have run the game for about 3 hours in those settings, I am going to file it under "Could Not Reproduce".

everylittleearthquake
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2009 June 15, 11:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww so there's no way to get it fixed? What a shame.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2009 June 15, 11:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww so there's no way to get it fixed? What a shame.

Kid, you really don't want Pescado to visit you to fix your game. Rly.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: