More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 07:57:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sex
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sex  (Read 23034 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Sex
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 09, 03:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had meet-to-marry in less than 24 hours
I had my older Sim roll a Have a Child Wish while the house was full of his 6 kids and his wife was too old for more babies anyway.  So I gave him a mid-life crisis and had him chase down some 20-something, woo her, and impregnate her.  From "meet" to "bear my child" was about 6-7 hours. He ended up with 2 kids with her.

Romance is too easy in this game, compared to the delays forced by the long-term relationship meter in TS2.  However, I do appreciate that a single flirt doesn't turn a friendship into instant love.

Two things bug me about the game.  The Sims rarely roll romance-related Wishes, even if they have the Hopeless Romantic trait.  "Have a Child," yes, but no "flirt with that attractive Sim" and only rarely "kiss so-and-so" or "woohoo so-and-so."  I've never, ever seen "marry" or "get engaged."

The other is the way non-playables spontaneously generate children without anyone else.  Having the kids with the townie allowed me to look at their family tree, and their half-brother did not have a father.  Similarly, I got sick of looking for a romantic interest for one of my Sims, so I created a neighbor guy for her.  They did OK, but then she discovers on the second date that he's got a newborn.

Awesomemod fixes this, but I get the impression it's still very much in early beta.  I'm not willing to trade annoyances for crashes at this point.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 09, 04:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something that I found helpful when I had a sim that would be best friends with a guy but couldn't get any real romance going was to drag down their relationship to acquaintance or friend and start the romantic interactions over. 

The key thing to look for is "Confess Attraction" under the romance menu.  My method is to have them flirt/hit on their desired mate and when the "confess Attraction" option comes up I add it to the queue.  I usually have about 5/6 interactions in a queue at a time so when the CA option comes up I just add it in.  After CA is chosen I go to the "First Kiss" and "Make out" options.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 09, 06:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, I don't have the sex thing down either.

I have decided that tomorrow I go and buy a Prima guide. I have not ever had to do that... But the poor guy got slapped... they were making out and everything, I waited days! They did the woo hoo once... so I figured since they weren't exactly virgins, she would woohoo with him again. WRONG! She slapped him and stomped off. The game said she was in a bad mood - all her bars were green...okay, maybe she was a little tired, it was close to bed time...that is when normal people... oh wait. I just figured it out. I said it. er typed it. Normal people...

Is there a sims3 appropriate time of day for woohoo and/or trying for a baby?

Oy vey. I have given up for tonight...this game is no fun. Aren't games supposed to be fun?

moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 09, 06:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romance is too easy in this game, compared to the delays forced by the long-term relationship meter in TS2. 

Another romance difficulty that may be gone is that in TS2 (and TS1, for that matter,) Sim #1 might be wild about Sim #2, while Sim #2 just wasn't that into Sim #1.  Unrequited love and all that.  I haven't checked it by switching households just to be sure, but, I have awesomemod in, so testingcheats is on. I've found that I can have two sims meet for the first time, slide the relationship bar all the way to the right, and the two sims are immediately best friends.  A few flirts, a confess attraction, a kiss, and some proposals, and they're married. This wouldn't work if feelings weren't automatically mutual.  It's made it easy to marry off a few random sims who I thought could make decent looking kids together, and I guess I like that--I keep doing it--but it's one more thing that takes away from any depth that might have existed in this game.   Undecided
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 09, 08:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, I don't have the sex thing down either.

I have decided that tomorrow I go and buy a Prima guide. I have not ever had to do that... But the poor guy got slapped... they were making out and everything, I waited days! They did the woo hoo once... so I figured since they weren't exactly virgins, she would woohoo with him again. WRONG! She slapped him and stomped off. The game said she was in a bad mood - all her bars were green...okay, maybe she was a little tired, it was close to bed time...that is when normal people... oh wait. I just figured it out. I said it. er typed it. Normal people...

Is there a sims3 appropriate time of day for woohoo and/or trying for a baby?

Oy vey. I have given up for tonight...this game is no fun. Aren't games supposed to be fun?

I've found some sims are ALWAYS in a pissy mood for some reason.  One of the sims that had this problem i put in the active household with debug mode and all bars were green and they didn't have any negative moodlets.  I ended up giving up on one of sims i selected to be my sims spouse.  It was near impossible to do anything romantic and any try of woohoo (i swear that word woohoo sounds so weird when you say it) always ended up in the sim getting annoyed.

It helps a bit to overmax the romantic option i've found before attempting woohoo.  From what i've been able to tell its more like a hidden bar than a simple three step option thing.  Just because you get the highest romantic options does not mean you've maxed out the hidden bar.  Once the woohoo option becomes available have your sim do 3 or 4 extra romantic actions to build it up higher to prevent it from failing.  The same can be said when attempting a first kiss or making out as well.  Always try to build up the romantic bar a bit further before trying the new options that just got unlocked.
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 09, 12:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are definite modifiers to that friendship bar and actions. Mood, what they're thinking ("friendly", "flirty", "irresistable"), other relationships (if they have another boyfriend, they have to like your sim more to have any chance of cheating unless other modifiers apply), Traits... and probably one or two more I haven't noticed.

Mood and other relationships seem to be the biggest causes of the "Eww, no!" reaction, but Traits are definitely factoring in as well. It's entirely possible that a Snob sim is going to be a pain to romance for a poor sim. Other situations may be coming up that the game isn't giving good feedback about.

But, frankly, the social part of the game being so ridiculously easy is my only real complaint with the game, so I wouldn't want it any simpler. Once you add Charisma and a couple perks, any troll sim can take any new acquaintance from meeting to impregnated in a couple sim-hours, regardless of that sims' personality or previous relationship. Further, the "living town" never takes note that "Big Humpy" down the street has fathered half the town's children with twenty different women. No child support, no public scorn... no, the ladies just keep stepping up to be served.

It's difficult to feel like you're running around in an open world, when that world doesn't notice you're there. You can't even get them to erect (ahem) a statue of you. There's no way to leave a lasting impression in the Sim world other than by raising a clone. Sim life is even more futile and meaningless than real life!
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 09, 14:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, frankly, the social part of the game being so ridiculously easy is my only real complaint with the game, so I wouldn't want it any simpler. Once you add Charisma and a couple perks, any troll sim can take any new acquaintance from meeting to impregnated in a couple sim-hours, regardless of that sims' personality or previous relationship. Further, the "living town" never takes note that "Big Humpy" down the street has fathered half the town's children with twenty different women. No child support, no public scorn... no, the ladies just keep stepping up to be served.

Actually, I kind of played my last neighborhood that way on purpose - it got a little hard by the time one of the founding fathers went to his grave a very contented old man having fathered 26 children by something like 20 mothers (there were twins).

I've always played for the genetic and more 'Peyton Place' aspects of the game...I read some interview with an employee at EA working on the project when in development and he said they were moving 'futher up 'Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs'... I thought "wow! someone took psychology 101 at the local community college"... and wouldn't it be nice if sims in sims3 weren't fixated on peeing and showering...guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up so much, huh?

Edited to add - I got off on that tangent and didn't finish my thought - I think it would be very cool if in this game there were repurcussions like you are saying...that would be very interesting for me and would make me WANT to play instead of wanting to forget I ever bought this thing.

Oh and I think I might have figured it out - she's got the lucky trait - he has the unlucky trait - he got 'unlucky'...

Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 09, 19:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't figure out why I'd only ever seen the "Propose Going Steady" interaction once.  After reading this thread I went into my game, used only Romantic socials on two of my sims and finally solidified their relationship.  They each thought the other was "extremely irresistible" and then I tested the status by doing one friendly interaction and their opinion of each other plummeted to "okay".  What a shitty mechanic.

Also, it would have been nice if, when I selected "WooHoo", the two of them had gone at it on the kitchen counter right next to where they were standing instead of dragging their asses up to bed for more boring, barking sex under the covers.  What's so wrong with counter sex?
Nefertiti
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 09, 19:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had meet-to-marry in less than 24 hours
I had my older Sim roll a Have a Child Wish while the house was full of his 6 kids and his wife was too old for more babies anyway.  So I gave him a mid-life crisis and had him chase down some 20-something, woo her, and impregnate her.  From "meet" to "bear my child" was about 6-7 hours. He ended up with 2 kids with her.

Romance is too easy in this game, compared to the delays forced by the long-term relationship meter in TS2.  However, I do appreciate that a single flirt doesn't turn a friendship into instant love.

Two things bug me about the game.  The Sims rarely roll romance-related Wishes, even if they have the Hopeless Romantic trait.  "Have a Child," yes, but no "flirt with that attractive Sim" and only rarely "kiss so-and-so" or "woohoo so-and-so."  I've never, ever seen "marry" or "get engaged."

The other is the way non-playables spontaneously generate children without anyone else.  Having the kids with the townie allowed me to look at their family tree, and their half-brother did not have a father.  Similarly, I got sick of looking for a romantic interest for one of my Sims, so I created a neighbor guy for her.  They did OK, but then she discovers on the second date that he's got a newborn.

Awesomemod fixes this, but I get the impression it's still very much in early beta.  I'm not willing to trade annoyances for crashes at this point.

- Gus

I actually had a sim or two roll up the wish to propose to their girlfriend/boyfriend. Woohoo as well, but only with a sim that was already at least a steady relationship. Also didn't ever see a wish to initiate something more romantic (e.g. flirt with an attractive iacquaintance.
dramamine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 09, 19:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, it would have been nice if, when I selected "WooHoo", the two of them had gone at it on the kitchen counter right next to where they were standing instead of dragging their asses up to bed for more boring, barking sex under the covers.  What's so wrong with counter sex?

Yes, counter sex would be awesome. Same as couch sex, floor sex, and shower sex, but I think in order to sell the game to minors they had to censor the sex aspect by imposing what sex should be. Lame, in a bed, under blankets, with rose petals Huh, and making weird and unsexy noises at each other. If you had some sims humping on the loveseat, censorship would be kind of difficult, IMO.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 09, 20:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims games have never had animations (not original to the game anyway) beyond bed woohoo and hot tub woohoo.  Other woohoos have all been 'out of sight' in booths etc.  It was extremely unlikely that EA was going to change this policy for a game that is not primarily ABOUT woohoo.

Additionally, rose petals, fireworks, and honk honk noises are clearly the epitome of romantic sights and sounds to the sims themselves.  Honestly if you want quasi-realistic noises, watch pron.

Bunch of pervy n00bs.

Tribulatio proxima est
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 09, 20:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet, I recently had my eyes opened at what is beyond the threshold in the US Every Mall staple shop called "Spencers" - a teen hangout around here...they know more about sex than I do. I'm pretty sure of it. So the only people EA is deluding are the parental units.

I know our fearless leader doesn't like to be thanked profusely, but once again, I can't believe I dragged my heels at installing it...it is truly awesome. If only all things in life were as advertised as 'awesomemod' is... If I can only have one, it's this one.

Truthfully, I don't care - they could blur the whole act out and it could be silent or flowery or whathaveyou...I don't play to get my jollies watching pixels mate.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: