More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 07:47:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Can you delete households from the library?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can you delete households from the library?  (Read 8188 times)
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can you delete households from the library?
« on: 2009 June 08, 16:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I f-ed up a household and want to recreate it. Since we cannot edit households in the library, can we delete them or is this a VBT? Also, can I regenerate the neighborhoods a la Sims 2 (not just start new game, but clean out library this way by restoring neighborhood to its original "pristine" way). Thanks in advance!
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Can you delete households from the library?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 08, 17:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The families in the Library are not connected to your hood until you move them in.  You can delete, recreate all day long.  You can not delete the ones that came with the game.

By starting a new game you create a pristine neighborhood.  Nothing is connected.  Deleting families that *live* in your neighborhood is a VBT...kill them instead.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 08, 17:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting families that *live* in your neighborhood is a VBT...kill them instead.

Are you sure about that? Sims don't have memories anymore, so the chance of neighborhood corruption caused by deletion is not confirmed... yet. At least, Pescado didn't know if it mattered when he was previewing THE HORROR! Considering that the default game randomly deletes families...

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 08, 17:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not sure at all, but better to be safe then sorry is what I was thinking. 

I did have one town when I first started to play and I had deleted and moved in a family from another neighborhood and I had several clones.  The game does some weird things with jobs, bosses and coworkers.  I just think it would be best to kill them off.
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 08, 20:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, deleting households from the library is okay, but if you don't want them in your neighborhood, you should start a new game ... is that correct?
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 08, 22:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, deleting households from the library is okay, but if you don't want them in your neighborhood, you should start a new game ... is that correct?

I don't think any sims in the library are included in the neighborhood unless you copy them in. It's very different from how the Sims 2 neighborhood "library" worked.  The sims there are templates and are not yet placed anywhere so, no matter how many you have in there, I don't believe any will actually be part of your neighborhood until you place them.
At least that's how it *seems* to work.  Someone else should confirm this, though.  Don't quote me as I could be wrong.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 08, 23:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is BELIEVED that with AwesomeMod in place, it is PROBABLY safe to delete them. Without AwesomeMod, it seems there is some dangling detritus involved.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 08, 23:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if I'm confused about what the *library* is in this context.  I was under the impression it was the list of Sims that are in the bin for means of copying/placing them in town, or whatever else.  Is that what we're talking about? If so, this means you can't even make a household in any game without residual sim goo getting into the save somewhere?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 09, 00:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is safe to delete the "library". All the sims in the "move in household" bar are just like the simbin, and you can delete the SimBin.

With AwesomeMod, it is believed that it is ALSO safe to delete sims by simple deletion. Without a pile of dangling memory and inventory tokens, I haven't found any stubs. Yet. This information may change when the ability to explore neighborhood save files is improved, but for now, AwesomeMod seems to handle all the dangling detritus.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 09, 00:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really good stuff, then.  Riverview is packed with an absurd number of Sims.  The only thing keeping me from deleting them all is thinking I might be missing something cool that the devs put in.  Think there's any thought put into these Sims in the neighborhoods that would make them worth keeping for a playthrough?  I was close to deleting them all....I'm probably overestimating EAxis by even asking the question but, it looks like all of the Sims there have some sort of story or position.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 09, 08:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really good stuff, then.  Riverview is packed with an absurd number of Sims.  The only thing keeping me from deleting them all is thinking I might be missing something cool that the devs put in.  Think there's any thought put into these Sims in the neighborhoods that would make them worth keeping for a playthrough?  I was close to deleting them all....I'm probably overestimating EAxis by even asking the question but, it looks like all of the Sims there have some sort of story or position.

Nope, they appear to all be auto generated by some tool as Sims 2 families seem to have been which is why half of them had screwed up family trees and memories or were missing data. I installed Riverview last night and immediately noticed all sims were standing outside their houses. Sure this could be the game just teleporting them there when you first start it for the sake of making sure everyones viewable when you play them but I smelt something fishy. On further inspection, I quickly realized they were fake robots. Take the Carpenters for example. I went to play them because the trailer hinted they were growing something special. Wrong. What I found was they had this huge ass regular boring garden. One just wonders how they managed to plant that entire garden and have zero garden skill. It all's auto generated and fake.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 09, 14:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it is BELIEVED that with AwesomeMod in place, it is PROBABLY safe to delete them.

Well, given my vicious deletions of various townie sims over the past couple of days, I will be able to test this hypothesis.  So far nothing bad has happened, but it's early days.

I am moving MATY sims into existing houses (to circumvent the pricetags of new houses) and then evicting the original residents who go to the clipboard and then get deleted.  Pending test results as to whether this actually is safe, I suppose this approach should not be advocated.

Personally, I figure if my current hood goes "foom", I can always start another one.

Tribulatio proxima est
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 09, 22:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, they appear to all be auto generated by some tool as Sims 2 families seem to have been which is why half of them had screwed up family trees and memories or were missing data. I installed Riverview last night and immediately noticed all sims were standing outside their houses. Sure this could be the game just teleporting them there when you first start it for the sake of making sure everyones viewable when you play them but I smelt something fishy. On further inspection, I quickly realized they were fake robots. Take the Carpenters for example. I went to play them because the trailer hinted they were growing something special. Wrong. What I found was they had this huge ass regular boring garden. One just wonders how they managed to plant that entire garden and have zero garden skill. It all's auto generated and fake.

I should have guessed as much. Most games, I feel like I should play "how to devs meant it to be played", but that rule definitely doesn't apply to this game in some of the most fundamental ways. I guess I'll go ahead and do some clean-up and start up a fresh neighborhood.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: