More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 13:26:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!? [Important for Spore players!]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!? [Important for Spore players!]  (Read 4140 times)
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!? [Important for Spore players!]
« on: 2009 June 07, 12:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I didn't. I already fixed it, but here's my FrameworkWTF!? story. I downloaded the Framework tool so that I could have AwesomeMods. I installed into my TS3 folder as directed, then installed the AwesomeMod in the Mods/Packages folder. Start up the game, and it crashes to desktop while loading... Hoping it's a fluke, I cross my fingers and try to run it again. The same thing happens, so I pull out everything I just put in and run it again. It loads perfectly. Desperate for AwesomeMods, I alt-tab out of the game to investigate. I reread the instructions, and recheck where I had put everything. When I go to recheck where I had placed AwesomeMods, I stumble upon the most dumbfounding thing ever. FrameworkWTF!? stole my Spore mods and placed them into the FrameworkWTF!? Mods folder.

Apparently FrameworkWTF!? tries to find misplaced mod packages? This is the only thing I can gather, since Spore and TS3 both share the Electronic Arts folder by default, and the file type is the same. While I commend FrameworkWTF!? for trying to make-up for human stupidity, it obviously fails by creating its own stupidity instead.

Now I have to go look up where Spore mods actually belong, because it's been so long since I downloaded any mods for it that I no longer remember. Still, does this mean FrameworkWTF!? is going to steal them every time I load the game?

1st Edit: Nope.. I borked it. I put it all back in the TS3 folder sans Spore mods and it began crashing while loading again. Here I thought the game must have been trying to read the Spore mods and died. Am I putting it in the wrong place? WTF?

2nd Edit: BTW I did delete the scriptcache while installing. So, it's not that.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 07, 13:06:36 by GloamingMerle » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 07, 12:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan, check out the awesome mod thread. It's being recommended to delete all the caches when the random crashing starts happening.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 07, 13:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the caches?.. Okay, I'll try that.. I didn't read the whole thread, just the instruction post and readme. Thanks.

Edit/Update: Purged caches, game loads.. Problem fixed. Nevertheless, all Spore players who like mods should beware! Check your FrameworkWTF!? Mods folder for hijacked Spore mods!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 07, 13:05:46 by GloamingMerle » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!? [Important for Spore players!]
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 07, 13:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework TOOL? We have a framework TOOL now? Who made that?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Oops, I broke it! FrameworkWTF!? [Important for Spore players!]
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 07, 16:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework TOOL? We have a framework TOOL now? Who made that?

I don't know Pescado, I'm blaming it on a brain fart. I must have been thinking about the Recompressor on a subconscious level. Although if it can seek out and grab misplaced .packages than it IS partially a tool. So, nyeh.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: